Uncovered Engine and Open bonnet pictures

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Found a few nice photos of an uncovered engine bay and another one with the front bonnet open.
Thanks to those at Cabrini Lotus for taking the covers off a great Magma spec!

Source: https://galeria.totalcar.hu/tesztek/2022/10/03/bemutato_lotus_emira_2022/

45521382_37294c96155a547d7e10d0153598ef21_j.jpg

45521380_e5b1b81fbe70e5f5cc38930bc2aad7f2_j.jpg

45521418_1507ce3e21e3ee008aef60c1772c3750_j.jpg

45521392_eb65c025fa2e2d7695f07c6bd10138bb_j.jpg

45521398_f9fbb0d18420a196633c9dfb0ca5ad7b_j.jpg

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Reaction score
On the Facebook forum a wrapping company Blitz has fab photos of red. The paint finish looks top class as are panel gaps. Here is one photoView attachment 9506
Yeah, looking at all the production car photos, the paint seems super high quality. Lots of gloss on most colors, seemingly from a thick clear coat, and the reflections have very little distortion, especially during motion, to indicate no orange peel or differing thicknesses. I wonder if they do any paint rework/polishing afterwards to manually get this quality or if it's due to their new paint area.

The gaps have always looked very tight, more than even the best economy cars. But the gap where the rear fender meets the back panel, with the tail light wedged between, often times has inconsistent thickness. The gap is often wider on the side closer to the tail light than on the side going into the wheel well. I wonder if the tail light spreads the gap open or if the stack up with the tail light causes issues.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, looking at all the production car photos, the paint seems super high quality. Lots of gloss on most colors, seemingly from a thick clear coat, and the reflections have very little distortion, especially during motion, to indicate no orange peel or differing thicknesses. I wonder if they do any paint rework/polishing afterwards to manually get this quality or if it's due to their new paint area.

The gaps have always looked very tight, more than even the best economy cars. But the gap where the rear fender meets the back panel, with the tail light wedged between, often times has inconsistent thickness. The gap is often wider on the side closer to the tail light than on the side going into the wheel well. I wonder if the tail light spreads the gap open or if the stack up with the tail light causes issues.
The front and rear fenders are always a challenge to car producers as they are moulded in PU and they rarely behave, dimensionally, as predicted. Often the mould tool is altered progressively to improve fit.....or replaced when they work out how it needs re 'engineering'.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Found a few nice photos of an uncovered engine bay and another one with the front bonnet open.
Thanks to those at Cabrini Lotus for taking the covers off a great Magma spec!

Source: https://galeria.totalcar.hu/tesztek/2022/10/03/bemutato_lotus_emira_2022/

View attachment 9499
View attachment 9500
View attachment 9502
View attachment 9503
View attachment 9501

Hmm just noticed how difficult the strut towers look to access. Going to make installing coilovers or lowering cups a major PITA.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Take it from me I know a thing or two about color, in the future, Nimbus will be more unique
Hi, would genuinely welcome your thoughts on how you would rank the interior seat color options for the Nimbus (with black pack).

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
But Yellow holds its value better. That is an actual fact.
My vette was yellow, I need a new color. Then again my 350z was silver.....sigh..Haven't done green yet but I'm gunna need to see DV in person, plus now that Magna.....guess I have plenty of time to decide...:(

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, would genuinely welcome your thoughts on how you would rank the interior seat color options for the Nimbus (with black pack).
I know most people would disagree and go with black ( too much gray) but I would go with Ice gray, now you have the cleanest, sophisticated and most unique combo that 5 years from now everyone wants! DV is a too much of a Lotus color, so if you want to sell the car in the future, you will need to find a true Lotus fan....

Last edited:

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know most people would disagree and go with black ( too much gray) but I would go with Ice gray, now you have the cleanest, sophisticated and most unique combo that 5 years from now everyone wants! DV is a too Lotus color, so if you want to sell the car in the future, you will need to find a true Lotus fan....
Now before I take your advice, I need to know if your hair is really green and your face purple 🤣

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score