Uncovered Engine and Open bonnet pictures

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But Yellow holds its value better. That is an actual fact.
I dunno... I feel like I've seen some yellow used car listings sit for months without selling... I love bright colours and I love yellow, but I get the sense that most people don't.

For example, wanna guess what's the most popular colour choice for Lamborghinis in Canada? White.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dunno... I feel like I've seen some yellow used car listings sit for months without selling... I love bright colours and I love yellow, but I get the sense that most people don't.

For example, wanna guess what's the most popular colour choice for Lamborghinis in Canada? White.
I think it depends on the region. In Monaco for example, you mainly see people drive white/silver/grey/black cars and a handful of red/cherry ones, the red ones typically being Ferraris.

monaco.png

monaco2.png

monaco3.png

monaco4.png

Out of all the 6 FE colours, I think Shadow Grey will have the best long term resale. ;)

magmared

Reaction score

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it depends on the region. In Monaco for example, you mainly see people drive white/silver/grey/black cars and a handful of red/cherry ones, the red ones typically being Ferraris.

View attachment 9536
View attachment 9537
View attachment 9538
View attachment 9540

Out of all the 6 FE colours, I think Shadow Grey will have the best long term resale. ;)
I mean... name me one region where the most common sports car / supercar colours AREN'T grey, black, or white. :p

Also, Ferraris are kind of a separate category altogether in this discussion. Enzo had this obsession with red to the point where customers today basically need a signed letter of permission from the Pope to buy a Ferrari in any other colour.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I mean... name me one region where the most common sports car / supercar colours AREN'T grey, black, or white. :p

Also, Ferraris are kind of a separate category altogether in this discussion. Enzo had this obsession with red to the point where customers today basically need a signed letter of permission from the Pope to buy a Ferrari in any other colour.
Britain, especially near Hethel :LOL:

vantage

Reaction score
Hmm just noticed how difficult the strut towers look to access. Going to make installing coilovers or lowering cups a major PITA.

Huh? There are no strut towers in this car period. Change the coilover with the car on the lift from the wheel well, just like with the Elise. It's easier than with my Porsche where you have to access both the top and the bottom of the car.

AndyHB

Reaction score

To hide in the snow?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? There are no strut towers in this car period. Change the coilover with the car on the lift from the wheel well, just like with the Elise. It's easier than with my Porsche where you have to access both the top and the bottom of the car.

Good to know! I've never worked on a Lotus before. Looking forward to learning a lot once I finally get my hands on it.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sometimes it's fun to be different. I had to go to an event at the Ritz Carlton and upon leaving the sun was shining just right on my yellow c6 as the valet pulled it into the group of white and black luxury cars and boy did it stand out. All the rich eyes (and ears) were on the car as it stopped. I was my "James Bond" moment and of course I milked it as much as I could! Yellow is a tough color to get right. Most of the time you look like a school bus, a banana or a NY taxicab. From the pics it looks like Lotus found a nice shade too...:) So go for yellow (or the blue) if you wanna stand out from the crowd!!!

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hmm just noticed how difficult the strut towers look to access. Going to make installing coilovers or lowering cups a major PITA.
Great callout!

I am hopeful the Emira doesn’t have the same challenging rear clamshell as the Evora. However, now it seems the front is more complex. Can’t make it easy for us?!

EDIT: Just read Vantage’s comment. I hope it’s that easy!