• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree. I was told previously they'd prioritise people in first 3 months of builds, but more recently they've said it will just go to all deposit holders at once, which will be a free for all. I guess most people will want a weekend, most dealers aren't open on Sundays and so Saturdays will book up very quickly.

Ideally I want to book two test drives at different dealers on the same day, so I can drive Touring and Sport. I suspect that will be too difficult to achieve.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree. I was told previously they'd prioritise people in first 3 months of builds, but more recently they've said it will just go to all deposit holders at once, which will be a free for all. I guess most people will want a weekend, most dealers aren't open on Sundays and so Saturdays will book up very quickly.

Ideally I want to book two test drives at different dealers on the same day, so I can drive Touring and Sport. I suspect that will be too difficult to achieve.
you are correct Tom - email just says all deposit holders. Nothing about “prioritising” based upon deposit holders date.
We will just see how it pans out. But, as you say some people will be compromised.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
More wasting time - some dealers have the demos why are they waiting till all dealers have them? - ridiculous the way they are imposing all these nonsensical rules. Say my local dealer has the car why wait till a dealer opposite end of the Country has his ? - start getting people test riding them. I rang LCC today like usual they could not give any answers they didn’t even know when this email is coming out and they can’t book me a slot in - got to use the link on email Really ! Everything with Lotus is difficult, full of rules, never ending waiting and can give you no dates when we I’ll receive this email - certainly not enjoyable they literally kill all the fun out of it ! Patience is running extremely thin …..

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
More wasting time - some dealers have the demos why are they waiting till all dealers have them? - ridiculous the way they are imposing all these nonsensical rules. Say my local dealer has the car why wait till a dealer opposite end of the Country has his ? - start getting people test riding them. I rang LCC today like usual they could not give any answers they didn’t even know when this email is coming out and they can’t book me a slot in - got to use the link on email Really ! Everything with Lotus is difficult, full of rules, never ending waiting and can give you no dates when we I’ll receive this email - certainly not enjoyable they literally kill all the fun out of it ! Patience is running extremely thin …..
You would think we live in China!

Hold on 🤔

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
does anyone know how "soon" we are going to be able to book our test drives?

didn't someone say it was a free for all after next Friday?! That doesn't give many days to book my test drive... is this another lotus planning masterclass I feel panning out before me?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Email was supposed to be sent to deposit holders last Friday, then today, now sometime this week. I believe about half the dealers have now got their demo cars and more are arriving in the next 2-3 days.

It will be open to depositor holders only to start with, I believe for 2 or 4 weeks.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wonder if this ever awaited Email going to pop thro today then …. 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱 talk about keeping people hanging on 🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
This from CS yesterday

We should be sending out an email to all deposit holders inviting you to book your test drive at your local centre very soon!
We are hoping the test drive vehicles will all be delivered in the next coming weeks and the email invitation will follow.

Soooooooonnnnnnnnn

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This from CS yesterday

We should be sending out an email to all deposit holders inviting you to book your test drive at your local centre very soon!
We are hoping the test drive vehicles will all be delivered in the next coming weeks and the email invitation will follow.

Soooooooonnnnnnnnn
Ffs 🤦‍♀️ it’s going to be wet or snow ⛄️ By the time we are eventually ALLOWED to test drive these cars - even though some of the cars are sat there now- only allowed to sit in them by appointment only 🤡🤡🤡

#Lotus suck the excitement right out of you #

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Ffs 🤦‍♀️ it’s going to be wet or snow ⛄️ By the time we are eventually ALLOWED to test drive these cars - even though some of the cars are sat there now- only allowed to sit in them by appointment only 🤡🤡🤡

#Lotus suck the excitement right out of you #
Yep, total mood hoovers

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can’t believe they don’t know when the last few demo cars will reach each dealer. Surely they know when the email can go out? I’m out of the country on business for half of Nov and early Dec, so looks like I’ll be test driving in ice, snow or rain!

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can’t believe they don’t know when the last few demo cars will reach each dealer. Surely they know when the email can go out? I’m out of the country on business for half of Nov and early Dec, so looks like I’ll be test driving in ice, snow or rain!
It's the UK. Chances are you'll get all three along with a bit of sunlight (but not enough to tell if DV really is green....) sleet and hail thrown in for good measure....on a test route which may or may not involve the back roads near Quidenham. Should test the tyre choice well.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This just arrive in my inbox (the message not the car :ROFLMAO: )

Dear Emira Enthusiast

As you can see from the title of my email – the news we’ve been waiting to share has finally come through! Our Lotus Emira demonstrator has arrived at our Lotus Prestbury showroom.
Whilst all are of course welcome to call in and view the Emira, initially test drives will be reserved for current Emira deposit holders with pre booked appointments commencing on Tuesday 8th November.
We will be taking booking from everybody commencing Tuesday 22nd November.
If you currently have a deposit placed on the Emira, Lotus will be in touch with instructions on how to book your test drive online.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Lotus Prestbury in order for you to experience the fabulous new Emira for yourself.
If you do not have pre-booked test drive, given the anticipated volume of customers we will be unable to offer walk in test drives – All test drives must be pre-booked.
All
test drives will be logged on Lotus’ Scorpion Tracker system, so pre-booking test drives allows sufficient time to ensure all drives are logged correctly and insured.

All our demo vehicles will be equipped and tightly monitored with Scorpion trackers, and we will have a pre-determined test drive route, with an approx. drive time of around 30/35 minutes designed to give a 50/50 mix of A-Road and B-Road/town driving giving you the best idea of what the car can do! Of course, it goes without saying that whilst on the road everybody who test drives the Emira will be obliged to remain obedient to the road laws and speed limits!
Limited parking is available at the Prestbury showroom with additional free parking available at the Prestbury village car park on Shirleys Drive, SK10 4XQ.
Lotus Prestbury
Brook Garage
Prestbury Village
Macclesfield
SK10 4AL
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on 01625 828593.
Best Wishes
Simon A Clough
Brand Manager
Lotus Prestbury

IMG_7755-c33346513bcf4522.jpg

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Dear Emira Enthusiast

As you can see from the title of my email – the news we’ve been waiting to share has finally come through! Our Lotus Emira demonstrator has arrived at our Lotus Prestbury showroom.
Whilst all are of course welcome to call in and view the Emira, initially test drives will be reserved for current Emira deposit holders with pre booked appointments commencing on Tuesday 8th November.
If you currently have a deposit placed on the Emira, Lotus will be in touch with instructions on how to book your test drive online.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Lotus Prestbury in order for you to experience the fabulous new Emira for yourself.
If you do not have pre-booked test drive, given the anticipated volume of customers we will be unable to offer walk in test drives – All test drives must be pre-booked.
All
test drives will be logged on Lotus’ Scorpion Tracker system, so pre-booking test drives allows sufficient time to ensure all drives are logged correctly and insured.

All our demo vehicles will be equipped and tightly monitored with Scorpion trackers, and we will have a pre-determined test drive route, with an approx. drive time of around 30/35 minutes designed to give a 50/50 mix of A-Road and B-Road/town driving giving you the best idea of what the car can do! Of course, it goes without saying that whilst on the road everybody who test drives the Emira will be obliged to remain obedient to the road laws and speed limits!
Limited parking is available at the Prestbury showroom with additional free parking available at the Prestbury village car park on Shirleys Drive, SK10 4XQ.
Lotus Prestbury
Brook Garage
Prestbury Village
Macclesfield
SK10 4AL
Best Wishes
Simon A Clough
Brand Manager
Lotus Prestbury

View attachment 10376

Its my car!! :love:

I may have to head oop north for a gander....

what suspension setup does it have?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Dear Emira Enthusiast

All

Lotus Prestbury
Brook Garage
Prestbury Village
Macclesfield
SK10 4AL
Best Wishes
Simon A Clough
Brand Manager
Lotus Prestbury

View attachment 10376
Why all the cloak and dagger 🗡 ?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Dear Emira Enthusiast

All

Lotus Prestbury
Brook Garage
Prestbury Village
Macclesfield
SK10 4AL
Best Wishes
Simon A Clough
Brand Manager
Lotus Prestbury

View attachment 10376
So have to wait another 7 days to get a test ride even though the car is there now ……. For what reason ? other than let’s make you wait some more you obviously haven’t waited long enough 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its my car!! :love:

I may have to head oop north for a gander....

what suspension setup does it have?
No idea re specs, it doesn't say - it will be a suprise. If you guess correctly after the test drive you move forward 2 weeks in the queue. You don't want to know what happens if you guess wrong.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So have to wait another 7 days to get a test ride even though the car is there now ……. For what reason ? other than let’s make you wait some more you obviously haven’t waited long enough 🤦‍♀️
Lotus need to get some decision makers who can multi task rather than doing everything serially. Cars going to Europe without documentation necessary for registration, demo cars eventually being delivered to UK dealers but with no ability for long waiting depositers to arrange test drives without a further delay. We knew they'd mess this up because they've managed it with pretty much everything else related to Emira.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You get a cayman gts instead ? 🙈
There is a 12 month waiting list for Porsche, with definitely no chance of queue jumping, unlike Lotus. If i was to order a Porsche today, which do you think would arrive first, Porsche or Emira. What with the endless "it will not be this month but next" could be a close run thing.