• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Uk car arriving

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Where are you located ? lol Steve’s going to have to get us to form an orderly queue of us N.E folk, surprised they is quiet a few of us is everyone going to use JCT as there dealer for servicing ? Or maybe Glasgow nice run out ?
Just think we might all see our Emiras on the road when we eventually get them. So Steve is Magma, I’m Nimbus what colours have you guys ordered ?
Dark Vedant, lower black pack, DC alloys, yellow calipers and V6 Auto.

OP
S

Steve O

Reaction score
Todays Update - a little bit mixed.
  1. I got an email from CC at 11:30 with an invoice - very excited
  2. I paid said email via my internet banking (not easy given Santander's security checks and then limits on individual transaction amounts, and then then bank sort code and account given by lotus didn't exactly match the banks internal account name ) over 4 separate payments.
  3. My invoice number is 003 - shame its not 007.
  4. CC rang at 15:30 saying if I didn't pay by 16:00 then delivery would be delayed as payment is needed 2 working days prior (thanks for the notice guys) - I said I had paid at 13:00 - they said they hadn't received it - i said i have still paid and its left my bank - they said they would check again and sorry for the confusion!
  5. This evening they confirmed they had received 2/3 of the money and would check again in the morning and ring me. They said I am one of the first 5 (never mind the September 9!!) to receive a UK car - now even more excited
  6. Looks like its going to happen on Tuesday. A bit more notice on the payment process would have been nice but at least things are starting to move for everyone waiting hopefully.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
  2. I paid said email via my internet banking (not easy given Santander's security checks and then limits on individual transaction amounts, and then then bank sort code and account given by lotus didn't exactly match the banks internal account name ) over 4 separate payments.
  4. CC rang at 15:30 saying if I didn't pay by 16:00 then delivery would be delayed as payment is needed 2 working days prior (thanks for the notice guys) - I said I had paid at 13:00 - they said they hadn't received it - i said i have still paid and its left my bank - they said they would check again and sorry for the confusion!
  5. This evening they confirmed they had received 2/3 of the money and would check again in the morning and ring me. They said I am one of the first 5 (never mind the September 9!!) to receive a UK car - now even more excited
  6. Looks like its going to happen on Tuesday. A bit more notice on the payment process would have been nice but at least things are starting to move for everyone waiting hopefully.
Exciting stuff! I asked them to raise the invoice in advance to try and avoid the above situation. They said they couldn’t invoice until I have ‘randomly’ been contacted by the delivery team and allocated a date. What’s the max one can transfer in a day? With the above in mind, I’m guessing it’s probably wise to delay delivery by a couple of days to avoid complication.

JulianM

Reaction score
I'm now awaiting a delivery date, in November, possibly even next week. Lotus told me that the first UK delivery is happening today (Friday Oct 28th). Somebody somewhere is goiing to have a great day!

I did the Lotus Driving Academy experiences a couple of months ago. The Emira fulfilled everything I was hoping for. I had an Elise in the distant past and the Emira's handling was what you love in a Lotus.

My spec is magma red, silver wheels, silver calipers, lower body black pack.

Meeting up would be awesome!

Attachments

• Emira 2.jpg
    Emira 2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 28

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m in Nunthorpe just outside of Middlesbrough

I’m Hethel Yellow, Black pack, I4
I place a deposit on the Monday after Goodwood so that put me into 2023 delivery. CC rang me a few months ago with a cancellation if I changed my calliper and seat stitching colours. I took that and was given a sept build for Oct delivery. I think I may have just been lucky here as it looks like I’m up towards the top of the list by chance.

I have magma red with black pack. Alcantara with grey stitching and black calipers on diamond cut wheels.

I had the checkout email on 7th Oct and opened for home delivery. Not heard anything until Tuesday. They offered me delivery 31st Oct or 1st Nov. Looking forwards to getting the car and will post up pictures when it arrives.
So excited for you Steve, my car if I ever get it is Magma also, ice grey leather, black pack, silver wheels, black callipers, privacy - cannot see getting it until Q1/2 next year the way they have messed me around.
JCT600 my local dealer. I live in Hilton Village, between Stokesley and Yarm. Love to view your car.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm now awaiting a delivery date, in November, possibly even next week. Lotus told me that the first UK delivery is happening today (Friday Oct 28th). Somebody somewhere is goiing to have a great day!

I did the Lotus Driving Academy experiences a couple of months ago. The Emira fulfilled everything I was hoping for. I had an Elise in the distant past and the Emira's handling was what you love in a Lotus.

My spec is magma red, silver wheels, silver calipers, lower body black pack.

Meeting up would be awesome!
I’ve just been advised the first UK delivery will be the 31st October (sadly, not today 🥲)

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congratulations! So exciting
I was worried as I read that you'd been scammed and someone had nicked the money! Seems like its all ok! 😅

Are there any checks you can do to make sure the bank transfer is going to Lotus? Once a BT is made you've lost the money if its a scam. Just thinking as many cars start arriving it seems an easy one to start copying CS and Lotus emails?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm with Santander so will have the hassle too - doesn't help the internal account name not matching up. did you ring them up to validate the account and sort code; in case it was a well generated spam mail?

OP
S

Steve O

Reaction score
I'm with Santander so will have the hassle too - doesn't help the internal account name not matching up. did you ring them up to validate the account and sort code; in case it was a well generated spam mail?
I think the problem is that Lotus use snipe payments system so its them who get the money and not lotus. I have a receipt and email from CC this morning saying all he money was there and cars coming on 1st now.
Santander let you do up to0 100K in a day but 25k each max, so I made 4 separate payments.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Exciting stuff! I asked them to raise the invoice in advance to try and avoid the above situation. They said they couldn’t invoice until I have ‘randomly’ been contacted by the delivery team and allocated a date. What’s the max one can transfer in a day? With the above in mind, I’m guessing it’s probably wise to delay delivery by a couple of days to avoid complication.
there is no maximum in theory, it depends on your bank. Normally internet banking will have a max of maybe 25k, but if you physically went into the bank that should be the skies the limit..... and if you call in advance or visit, they should be able to alter the maximum, but again depends on your bank.
Nice to know the errors continue right up until they actually receive the money... haha... its the joke that keeps on giving!!! haha

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Congrats, although you would be the only person ever to be excited about getting an invoice for 80k!....

003.... well, 007 is dead, so 003 could be the new one.. ahah....
I hope it lives up to all your expectations, despite the bumpy road...and I mean the path..... I mean....the crap up until now :)