U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Base V6 Emira for the USA is slated to start deliveries Q3 2023… So a year from now (pending no further delays)
According to what we know at the present time, V6 FE production for North America begins in January, and goes through March. First delivery of those cars begins in March, and goes through May. Since there appears to be a 2 month time span between production and delivery to us here, if all other models go into production beginning in May, the first deliveries would be in July which begins the 3rd quarter of next year.

That's really about all we know right now. Once the base configurator goes online and the dealers can begin to order cars based on that, we'll probably get a better idea of timelines. Right now everything is just deposits and wait-and-see. At least customer cars are in production and deliveries have begun, so we're now on that leg of the journey.

Yep. I'm in the first batch of FE deliveries and last I heard was Jan production and March/April/May delivery. So in Lotus talk that means Autumn 2023. 😂😔

And the base configurator is supposed to go live later this month, but I doubt it. It'd be great to play around with an updated configurator with all the new colors and wheels, etc. And to see base spec option pricing finally! I think that's what's actually holding up the release.. Lotus can't or doesn't want to commit to pricing just yet until supplier issues are sorted.

OP
G

Guest142

According to what we know at the present time, V6 FE production for North America begins in January, and goes through March. First delivery of those cars begins in March, and goes through May. Since there appears to be a 2 month time span between production and delivery to us here, if all other models go into production beginning in May, the first deliveries would be in July which begins the 3rd quarter of next year.

That's really about all we know right now. Once the base configurator goes online and the dealers can begin to order cars based on that, we'll probably get a better idea of timelines. Right now everything is just deposits and wait-and-see. At least customer cars are in production and deliveries have begun, so we're now on that leg of the journey.
Based on the information I was given this is correct @Eagle7. Very exciting to be at this stage.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Hi all. As I’ve been away from the forum for a while, and won’t get a meaningful answer from my dealer or lotus themselves, can someone please provide an update on where things stand with US allocations and deliveries? My personal situation is I made my deposit with Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, North Carolina on July 25, 2021. I supposedly am #31 on my dealer’s priority list, but of course have no way of knowing what this means given the lack of transparency and line cutting that could be going on with ADM behaviors. My sales rep says the dealer is not doing that, but who knows. I missed the FE cutoff. My spec is V6, auto, Magma, no BP, silver forged wheels, silver calipers, touring, Goodyears, tan interior, keff stereo, no home link, if any of that impacts availability from a supply chain perspective. Would appreciate everyone’s wisdom on what my expectations would be and whether continued waiting is the right move. I’m not getting any younger and would like to enjoy the car until I can’t. Thanks so much for your input. Mike
I'm V6 auto as well. But I did make the cut for FE. I am March production and hoping May or June delivery. Honestly man earliest I would say for you is end of 2023. But truthfully I bet you are looking more like 2024. Ive also learned with lotus it's better to be a pessimist than an optimist because getting psyched up for early devliery is sure to be met with soul crushing news. The delays are constant and going auto didn't help either of us. Maybe by the second batch of cars they can more accurate with time frames and deliveries, but I wouldn't count on it. Sorry lotus has made me a Debbie downer and I'm no longer fun at parties but I'm tired of getting hurt lol

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@Nlsmith2123 How are you March production and not an FE? No allocation or orders have been placed in the US for a Base version. If you aren’t an FE you don’t have an order and cannot have a production month. The earliest US production date for a base model is July and that’s a push.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
@Nlsmith2123 How are you March production and not an FE? No allocation or orders have been placed in the US for a Base version. If you aren’t an FE you have no production month. You don’t even have an order.

I stated I am an FE with March production. I was originally supposed to be may production this year but I think the Auto is why I got delayed to the last production slots of the FEs

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I stated I am an FE with March production. I was originally supposed to be may production this year but I think the Auto is why I got delayed to the last production slots of the FEs
Oops, my bad, I misread your post, sorry.

Congrats on having a production month. Us lowly late to the party folks get to wait another year + before we can even hope for a delivery.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There's a common joke in Europe about challenging someone to name a famous Belgian, implying they haven't done much of note. Hergé and Tintin are a couple of counter-examples. The Hergé Museum near Brussels is well worth a visit if you're a fan.
And Poirot as well. He’s real isn’t he? And definitely NOT French!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's a common joke in Europe about challenging someone to name a famous Belgian, implying they haven't done much of note. Hergé and Tintin are a couple of counter-examples. The Hergé Museum near Brussels is well worth a visit if you're a fan.
Zora Arkus-Duntov - The guy that created the Corvette! A fine Belgian for us petrol heads. haha

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
it is not built well. really nothing shaming anyone. Lotus is going to last longer by far far far. From a 5 hour reviewer being paid $$$$$$ to say how great it is, and the stats of it, really tell none of the story. A hellcat is more reliable, maybe a camaro is less. Corvette is cool, but eh. Vs an aluminum bonded car with toyota engine and transmission and an Edelbrock supercharger? And, a modern, no old chip design, all unified, centralized digital control. If bugs are ironed out in the Emira, it could last 300k miles. Cooling system, hmm... is only thing i wouldnt guess is good or not yet. mid engines are rough to cool, porche has it right but has had rear and mid for many decades.
I dunno, I put 75k hard miles over 12years on my c6z06 and other than choosing to redo the top end to address a potential valve issue the car was awesome and trouble free.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They are opposites.
The C8 Corvette is such an ugly car from almost every angle, while the Emira is such an attractive car from every angle.
The Vette only comes with an automatic transmission for all the old guys, posers and those who never learned to drive stick.😉
The Emira comes with the option of a proper manual transmission like all sports cars should. "For The Drivers."
The Vette looks like it was styled by the people who made the Transformer movies, while the Emira looks like it was styled by those who style cars like Ferrari and McLaren, Pininfarina comes to mind.
The only two sports cars I would consider aside from the Emira are the Porsche GT3 & GT4 with proper manual transmissions.
Peace.
Sorry whippersnapper, not all the "old guys" want automatics. Heck out here in Calif. a manual serves as an anti-theft device because none of the kids know how to row gears.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@Magma posted about not being in an FE Allocation.

Does anyone know for sure when the FE isn’t going to be made anymore?
How many runs or how many total FEs will be made?

Imagine a 2023 FE and a 2024 FE…

It would be helpful to know, if “not making the first cut” means not getting an FE or not getting a first of X FE batches or Y FE cars…
Other than exclusivity, what's the diff between a FE and subsequent Emiras?

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just the badges and included packages (possibly some of the colors too - though they may be offered at a premium). The included packages are outlined on the official site.
Thanks for that, now I just have to live long enough to see my Emira...:) But then anticipation is a huge part of the experience. It took almost 5 years to have my Pantera built, only to sell it a few years later because it wasn't what I had dreamed it was!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Other than exclusivity, what's the diff between a FE and subsequent Emiras?
12 months extra driving :)

Apart from the FE badge and limited colours, there’s a discount of about £3k compared to the fully loaded price built up from options. Only relevant if you’re going to tick all or most of the options boxes.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just the badges and included packages (possibly some of the colors too - though they may be offered at a premium). The included packages are outlined on the official site.
Question….are people saying that the FE colors will only be available on FE cars. So no Magma, Seneca, or Hethel Yellow for BE cars?

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Base V6 Emira for the USA is slated to start deliveries Q3 2023… So a year from now (pending no further delays)
That doesn't sound right.

Base V6 is a available to configure in Q3 2023, so my guess is expect deliveries in Q3 or Q4 of 2024 for an MY2025.

Mangoose

Reaction score
That doesn't sound right.

Base V6 is a available to configure in Q3 2023, so my guess is expect deliveries in Q3 or Q4 of 2024 for an MY2025.
Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but I thought that the base configurator was projected to be available in Q4 2022. Could you please share the source indicating a delay to Q3 2023 for the base configurator?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Question….are people saying that the FE colors will only be available on FE cars. So no Magma, Seneca, or Hethel Yellow for BE cars?
7 colours added for Base, in addition to the current 6 for First, so 13 in total. A wider range of colours will be introduced some time later - probably not until 2024