U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

Pops68

Reaction score
it is not built well. really nothing shaming anyone. Lotus is going to last longer by far far far. From a 5 hour reviewer being paid $$$$$$ to say how great it is, and the stats of it, really tell none of the story. A hellcat is more reliable, maybe a camaro is less. Corvette is cool, but eh. Vs an aluminum bonded car with toyota engine and transmission and an Edelbrock supercharger? And, a modern, no old chip design, all unified, centralized digital control. If bugs are ironed out in the Emira, it could last 300k miles. Cooling system, hmm... is only thing i wouldnt guess is good or not yet. mid engines are rough to cool, porche has it right but has had rear and mid for many decades.
I dunno, I put 75k hard miles over 12years on my c6z06 and other than choosing to redo the top end to address a potential valve issue the car was awesome and trouble free.

Pops68

Reaction score
They are opposites.
The C8 Corvette is such an ugly car from almost every angle, while the Emira is such an attractive car from every angle.
The Vette only comes with an automatic transmission for all the old guys, posers and those who never learned to drive stick.😉
The Emira comes with the option of a proper manual transmission like all sports cars should. "For The Drivers."
The Vette looks like it was styled by the people who made the Transformer movies, while the Emira looks like it was styled by those who style cars like Ferrari and McLaren, Pininfarina comes to mind.
The only two sports cars I would consider aside from the Emira are the Porsche GT3 & GT4 with proper manual transmissions.
Peace.
Sorry whippersnapper, not all the "old guys" want automatics. Heck out here in Calif. a manual serves as an anti-theft device because none of the kids know how to row gears.

Pops68

Reaction score
@Magma posted about not being in an FE Allocation.

Does anyone know for sure when the FE isn’t going to be made anymore?
How many runs or how many total FEs will be made?

Imagine a 2023 FE and a 2024 FE…

It would be helpful to know, if “not making the first cut” means not getting an FE or not getting a first of X FE batches or Y FE cars…
Other than exclusivity, what's the diff between a FE and subsequent Emiras?

VL3X

Reaction score

Just the badges and included packages (possibly some of the colors too - though they may be offered at a premium). The included packages are outlined on the official site.

Pops68

Reaction score
Just the badges and included packages (possibly some of the colors too - though they may be offered at a premium). The included packages are outlined on the official site.
Thanks for that, now I just have to live long enough to see my Emira...:) But then anticipation is a huge part of the experience. It took almost 5 years to have my Pantera built, only to sell it a few years later because it wasn't what I had dreamed it was!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
12 months extra driving :)

Apart from the FE badge and limited colours, there’s a discount of about £3k compared to the fully loaded price built up from options. Only relevant if you’re going to tick all or most of the options boxes.

Mike-engel

Reaction score
Question….are people saying that the FE colors will only be available on FE cars. So no Magma, Seneca, or Hethel Yellow for BE cars?

ksegg

Reaction score
Base V6 Emira for the USA is slated to start deliveries Q3 2023… So a year from now (pending no further delays)
That doesn't sound right.

Base V6 is a available to configure in Q3 2023, so my guess is expect deliveries in Q3 or Q4 of 2024 for an MY2025.

Mangoose

Reaction score
That doesn't sound right.

Base V6 is a available to configure in Q3 2023, so my guess is expect deliveries in Q3 or Q4 of 2024 for an MY2025.
Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but I thought that the base configurator was projected to be available in Q4 2022. Could you please share the source indicating a delay to Q3 2023 for the base configurator?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Question….are people saying that the FE colors will only be available on FE cars. So no Magma, Seneca, or Hethel Yellow for BE cars?
7 colours added for Base, in addition to the current 6 for First, so 13 in total. A wider range of colours will be introduced some time later - probably not until 2024

ksegg

Reaction score
This is incorrect. Base V6 configurations start Q1 2023, deliveries begin Q3 2023.
Where are you getting that information?

It states Q3 2023 for Base V6 on the website.

Screenshot 2022-09-22 085447.png

Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but I thought that the base configurator was projected to be available in Q4 2022. Could you please share the source indicating a delay to Q3 2023 for the base configurator?
It's on the official Lotus configurator for U.S. Not sure about Canada, but I imagine all of North America is going to be the same, timeline wise?

FlyNavy01

Reaction score

View attachment 9044

It's on the official Lotus configurator for U.S. Not sure about Canada, but I imagine all of North America is going to be the same, timeline wise?
It literally says "arriving Q3 2023" in that photo lol. This info has also been on the forum for weeks from various sources to include dealers, emails from Lotus USA, and customer service. Delivery in Q4 2024 would be 3.5 years after initial reservations, that just makes no sense.

ksegg

Reaction score
It literally says "arriving Q3 2023" in that photo lol. This info has also been on the forum for weeks from various sources to include dealers, emails from Lotus USA, and customer service. Delivery in Q4 2024 would be 3.5 years after initial reservations, that just makes no sense.
This is incorrect. Base V6 configurations start Q1 2023, deliveries begin Q3 2023.

You said Q1 2023. I think you're mistaking "Arriving in Q3 2023" to mean deliveries in Q3 2023. That is not right.

Like I said before, you only get to configure in Q3 2023 (for U.S.), with deliveries in 2024, depending on where you are in line with your dealer.

Can someone keep me honest here?

scoates

Reaction score

View attachment 9044

Your screenshot says "Base Edition arriving Q3 2023" which means first base edition deliveries in your market are expected Q3 2023 as far as I'm aware. Base configurations will be due to submission several months prior to this, and so base configurator will be live prior to that as well.

scarzie

Reaction score
You said Q1 2023. I think you're mistaking "Arriving in Q3 2023" to mean deliveries in Q3 2023. That is not right.

Like I said before, you only get to configure in Q3 2023, with deliveries in 2024.

Can someone keep me honest here?
All first edition NA deliveries should be completed (... on their current timeline...) by the end of May/June of next year, so unless they plan on not delivering any cars past that until 2024, I don't see how your thought process could be accurate

ksegg

Reaction score
Your screenshot says "Base Edition arriving Q3 2023" which means first base edition deliveries in your market are expected Q3 2023 as far as I'm aware. Base configurations will be due to submission several months prior to this, and so base configurator will be live prior to that as well.
I see. Happy to be wrong here.

So you're saying I should be getting a call BEFORE Q3 2023 from my dealer and get delivery in Q3 2023?

If that's the case, that's great. The website does not make that very clear, and I've had zero comms from my dealer so I have no idea what the process actually is.

scoates

Reaction score
I see. Happy to be wrong here.

So you're saying I should be getting a call BEFORE Q3 2023 from my dealer and get delivery in Q3 2023?

If that's the case, that's great. The website does not make that very clear, and I've had zero comms from my dealer so I have no idea what the process actually is.

If you're in the first base batch then yes. The screenshot you shared also says Q2 2023 for First Edition and they have all been configured and orders submitted already, so it would follow both estimated times mean deliveries.

Eagle7

Reaction score
The "arriving in Q3 2023" is for actual cars arriving, not the configurator. The configurator is supposed to come online either this month or next month. There's quite a lead time between ordering and cars actually arriving. Once the base configurator goes online, there will probably be a pre-order deposit system like they did with the FE, until the dealers are able to actually start placing orders. At that time, you'll be able to convert your deposit into an order. However keep in mind orders are still going to be subject to the limitations of allocations, so depending on who your dealer is, get your deposit/order in early because they aren't going to be able to order unlimited quantities.