U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That doesn't sound right.

Base V6 is a available to configure in Q3 2023, so my guess is expect deliveries in Q3 or Q4 of 2024 for an MY2025.
This is incorrect. Base V6 configurations start Q1 2023, deliveries begin Q3 2023.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is incorrect. Base V6 configurations start Q1 2023, deliveries begin Q3 2023.
Where are you getting that information?

It states Q3 2023 for Base V6 on the website.

Screenshot 2022-09-22 085447.png

Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but I thought that the base configurator was projected to be available in Q4 2022. Could you please share the source indicating a delay to Q3 2023 for the base configurator?
It's on the official Lotus configurator for U.S. Not sure about Canada, but I imagine all of North America is going to be the same, timeline wise?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 9044

It's on the official Lotus configurator for U.S. Not sure about Canada, but I imagine all of North America is going to be the same, timeline wise?
It literally says "arriving Q3 2023" in that photo lol. This info has also been on the forum for weeks from various sources to include dealers, emails from Lotus USA, and customer service. Delivery in Q4 2024 would be 3.5 years after initial reservations, that just makes no sense.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It literally says "arriving Q3 2023" in that photo lol. This info has also been on the forum for weeks from various sources to include dealers, emails from Lotus USA, and customer service. Delivery in Q4 2024 would be 3.5 years after initial reservations, that just makes no sense.

You said Q1 2023. I think you're mistaking "Arriving in Q3 2023" to mean deliveries in Q3 2023. That is not right.

Like I said before, you only get to configure in Q3 2023 (for U.S.), with deliveries in 2024, depending on where you are in line with your dealer.

Can someone keep me honest here?

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 9044

Your screenshot says "Base Edition arriving Q3 2023" which means first base edition deliveries in your market are expected Q3 2023 as far as I'm aware. Base configurations will be due to submission several months prior to this, and so base configurator will be live prior to that as well.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You said Q1 2023. I think you're mistaking "Arriving in Q3 2023" to mean deliveries in Q3 2023. That is not right.

Like I said before, you only get to configure in Q3 2023, with deliveries in 2024.

Can someone keep me honest here?
All first edition NA deliveries should be completed (... on their current timeline...) by the end of May/June of next year, so unless they plan on not delivering any cars past that until 2024, I don't see how your thought process could be accurate

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Your screenshot says "Base Edition arriving Q3 2023" which means first base edition deliveries in your market are expected Q3 2023 as far as I'm aware. Base configurations will be due to submission several months prior to this, and so base configurator will be live prior to that as well.
I see. Happy to be wrong here.

So you're saying I should be getting a call BEFORE Q3 2023 from my dealer and get delivery in Q3 2023?

If that's the case, that's great. The website does not make that very clear, and I've had zero comms from my dealer so I have no idea what the process actually is.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I see. Happy to be wrong here.

So you're saying I should be getting a call BEFORE Q3 2023 from my dealer and get delivery in Q3 2023?

If that's the case, that's great. The website does not make that very clear, and I've had zero comms from my dealer so I have no idea what the process actually is.

If you're in the first base batch then yes. The screenshot you shared also says Q2 2023 for First Edition and they have all been configured and orders submitted already, so it would follow both estimated times mean deliveries.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The "arriving in Q3 2023" is for actual cars arriving, not the configurator. The configurator is supposed to come online either this month or next month. There's quite a lead time between ordering and cars actually arriving. Once the base configurator goes online, there will probably be a pre-order deposit system like they did with the FE, until the dealers are able to actually start placing orders. At that time, you'll be able to convert your deposit into an order. However keep in mind orders are still going to be subject to the limitations of allocations, so depending on who your dealer is, get your deposit/order in early because they aren't going to be able to order unlimited quantities.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just noticed that US Base pricing has been removed from both Canadian and US sites. Also i4 F/E pricing has been removed.

Still shows 59,995 GBP for UK site however... Not sure what to make of that, probably not great news....

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another interesting note - 1 USD = .91 GBP .... I believe this is the highest level historically seen the USD against the Pound.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just noticed that US Base pricing has been removed from both Canadian and US sites. Also i4 F/E pricing has been removed.

Still shows 59,995 GBP for UK site however... Not sure what to make of that, probably not great news....

Whoa! You're right... I see it too. 🤔

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Whoa! You're right... I see it too. 🤔
Only two things I can think off.... New configurator coming online next week... Or Mr. Windle will not be able to keep to his word about the advertised price that was released 8 months ago.

Option 3 is they are lowering the price to reflect the 35% difference in the USD/GPB exchange rate.... (I'm not holding my breath for that one)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Only two things I can think off.... New configurator coming online next week... Or Mr. Windle will not be able to keep to his word about the advertised price that was released 8 months ago.

Option 3 is they are lowering the price to reflect the 35% difference in the USD/GPB exchange rate.... (I'm not holding my breath for that one)
Probably more likely it's going to adjust the price based on inflation plus the newest exchange rates. Matt's 'word' about the advertised price was for those who already had a deposit/order in for a V6 FE, he didn't say anything about the MSRP for new deposits/orders.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably more likely it's going to adjust the price based on inflation plus the newest exchange rates. Matt's 'word' about the advertised price was for those who already had a deposit/order in for a V6 FE, he didn't say anything about the MSRP for new deposits/orders.
Well, it's fairly obvious if you have a signed agreement with firm price on the V6 F/E that it can not change. It's a signed agreement... I think his message was directed at base customer pricing / i4 F/E pricing for the first model year run... Since no one would have had signed agreements with firm pricing, which is why his statement on holding pricing would make sense for the base numbers. It didn't change on UK site for a reason... still shows 59K pounds for base edition. Perhaps his message was only for UK depositers?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pricing is stable down under too and still being advertised.

Given that the Matt Windle June video was sent to global customers, I doubt that the price guarantee would be UK region only.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Pricing is stable down under too and still being advertised.

Given that the Matt Windle June video was sent to global customers, I doubt that the price guarantee would be UK region only.
hmmmm - maybe they haven't got to you guys yet lol... I am guessing since US are the first customers to receive Base allocations (jan 2023) we would see the increase first... OR.... Lotus USA has in the dealer contract that vehicle pricing is subject to change due to currency exchange. Someone on the forum familiar with large transactional multi national contracts? It would make sense that big fluctuations in exchange rate be factored in to pricing. Perhaps gets triggered when the spread breaks a certain percentage?

The Australian dollar has not see the same percentage differences. mid .50's (2021) to today at .59

USD went from 2021 Average of low .70's to today at .91... That is significant and may have triggered a clause? Now I am just speculating.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Am I getting this currency conversion wrong ? but.........since the dollar is stronger would that not reflect that LOTUS is getting paid MORE for USA cars with the price that was originally posted on the web site ?

Any finance degree people can chime in ?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, it's fairly obvious if you have a signed agreement with firm price on the V6 F/E that it can not change. It's a signed agreement... I think his message was directed at base customer pricing / i4 F/E pricing for the first model year run... Since no one would have had signed agreements with firm pricing, which is why his statement on holding pricing would make sense for the base numbers. It didn't change on UK site for a reason... still shows 59K pounds for base edition. Perhaps his message was only for UK depositers?
His statement was specifically for the first production year V6 FE, since that's the only car they're producing for the entire first year run. It did not apply to the base price. I'm sure they would like to hold the price, but we'll have to see if they can.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the base price might change because of inflation, increased supply chain costs due to transportation and logistics increases, as well as fluctuating currency exchange rates. Prices for options and option packages on the car may also have some increases.

Since the dollar has increased in strength against the pound, there may actually be a lowering of base prices for cars in the U.S. Due to the current rates, the advertised base price today would be about $4,000 lower in the U.S. than it was at the beginning of the year.