U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m thinking of moving to Belgium 🇧🇪 where it looks like every other sports car will be an Emira.
I still have no idea why Belgium gets top priority with deliveries. It makes zero sense to me.

It would be like the first initial deliveries of the upcoming new 2024 Ford Mustang going to EGYPT, and not America, where the car freaking CAME from.

Boggles the mind. IMO, UK deliveries should be FIRST, America SECOND.

Right now, seems like Lotus is going to deliver to Belgium, Russia, Antarctica, Zimbabwe, Chile, Brazil, etc, and the two biggest markets for them on the entire planet gets bottom of the barrel.

Waiting for parts to arrive from China.
I think given the state of the world, China should be the last place on earth to source parts.

China will continue to implement lockdowns for months at a time because they don't have a domestic vaccine powerful enough to deal with COVID, and will maintain their short-sighted "Zero Covid" policy until the end of time.

Last edited:

nahanni

Reaction score
To clarify, of course I don’t blame the factory workers. I blame the management for not proactively solving bottlenecks that have been obvious for over a year. If you’re continuously getting blindsided, maybe you’re not keeping your head up enough and planning.
Lotus relies on countless suppliers as do other manufacturers. Porsche are up to 2 years for deliveries, Lexus(LC 500) up to 1 year. Lotus hasn't control over bottlenecks in other manufacturing and switching suppliers is not that simple or, a solution during these times. JIT system was wonderful, but, I never thought we would experience what is taking place currently.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I still have no idea why Belgium gets top priority with deliveries. It makes zero sense to me.

It would be like the first initial deliveries of the upcoming new 2024 Ford Mustang going to EGYPT, and not America, where the car freaking CAME from.

Boggles the mind. IMO, UK deliveries should be FIRST, America SECOND.

Right now, seems like Lotus is going to deliver to Belgium, Russia, Antarctica, Zimbabwe, Chile, Brazil, etc, and the two biggest markets for them on the entire planet gets bottom of the barrel.

I think given the state of the world, China should be the last place on earth to source parts.

China will continue to implement lockdowns for months at a time because they don't have a domestic vaccine powerful enough to deal with COVID, and will maintain their short-sighted "Zero Covid" policy until the end of time.
Hey. Language of love, great French fries, superb chocolate, Waterloo, and above all..the one and only Tintin. Makes total sense to me they get dibs on first cars.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I had no idea TinTin was Belgian!
Herge certainly was. I'm assuming the character too. Such a great series. Even if inappropriate in many ways by today's standards, I love watching my kid read them. Asterix as well.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's a common joke in Europe about challenging someone to name a famous Belgian, implying they haven't done much of note. Hergé and Tintin are a couple of counter-examples. The Hergé Museum near Brussels is well worth a visit if you're a fan.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Herge certainly was. I'm assuming the character too. Such a great series. Even if inappropriate in many ways by today's standards, I love watching my kid read them. Asterix as well.
Yes, in the stories Tintin is Belgian and grew up in Brussels.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's a common joke in Europe about challenging someone to name a famous Belgian, implying they haven't done much of note. Hergé and Tintin are a couple of counter-examples. The Hergé Museum near Brussels is well worth a visit if you're a fan.
I guess now we can add "The Belgium Seven" who've taken delivery of their Emiras to that list? 😄

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In case you need some help:

Obviously Audrey should be #1

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all. As I’ve been away from the forum for a while, and won’t get a meaningful answer from my dealer or lotus themselves, can someone please provide an update on where things stand with US allocations and deliveries? My personal situation is I made my deposit with Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, North Carolina on July 25, 2021. I supposedly am #31 on my dealer’s priority list, but of course have no way of knowing what this means given the lack of transparency and line cutting that could be going on with ADM behaviors. My sales rep says the dealer is not doing that, but who knows. I missed the FE cutoff. My spec is V6, auto, Magma, no BP, silver forged wheels, silver calipers, touring, Goodyears, tan interior, keff stereo, no home link, if any of that impacts availability from a supply chain perspective. Would appreciate everyone’s wisdom on what my expectations would be and whether continued waiting is the right move. I’m not getting any younger and would like to enjoy the car until I can’t. Thanks so much for your input. Mike

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi all. As I’ve been away from the forum for a while, and won’t get a meaningful answer from my dealer or lotus themselves, can someone please provide an update on where things stand with US allocations and deliveries? My personal situation is I made my deposit with Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, North Carolina on July 25, 2021. I supposedly am #31 on my dealer’s priority list, but of course have no way of knowing what this means given the lack of transparency and line cutting that could be going on with ADM behaviors. My sales rep says the dealer is not doing that, but who knows. I missed the FE cutoff. My spec is V6, auto, Magma, no BP, silver forged wheels, silver calipers, touring, Goodyears, tan interior, keff stereo, no home link, if any of that impacts availability from a supply chain perspective. Would appreciate everyone’s wisdom on what my expectations would be and whether continued waiting is the right move. I’m not getting any younger and would like to enjoy the car until I can’t. Thanks so much for your input. Mike
According to what we know at the present time, V6 FE production for North America begins in January, and goes through March. First delivery of those cars begins in March, and goes through May. Since there appears to be a 2 month time span between production and delivery to us here, if all other models go into production beginning in May, the first deliveries would be in July which begins the 3rd quarter of next year.

That's really about all we know right now. Once the base configurator goes online and the dealers can begin to order cars based on that, we'll probably get a better idea of timelines. Right now everything is just deposits and wait-and-see. At least customer cars are in production and deliveries have begun, so we're now on that leg of the journey.