U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@Magma posted about not being in an FE Allocation.

Does anyone know for sure when the FE isn’t going to be made anymore?
How many runs or how many total FEs will be made?

Imagine a 2023 FE and a 2024 FE…

It would be helpful to know, if “not making the first cut” means not getting an FE or not getting a first of X FE batches or Y FE cars…

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe the cutoff is the end of March this year, but that's for the V6 FE. I don't think we've gotten the hard dates for the i4 FE yet. @TomE may have more up-to-date info.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I believe the cutoff is the end of March this year, but that's for the V6 FE. I don't think we've gotten the hard dates for the i4 FE yet. @TomE may have more up-to-date info.
Thank you.

V6 US focused:
So I read this as “anyone in the US that puts a deposit on a V6 FE through March of 2022 will get a V6 FE”.

Is that the way to read this?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
You know it's be really great if Lotus would reveal base spec pricing, including options and packages so buyers can make informed decisions.

Like some of the others here, I'm in the NE USA and winters suck. I'm an early deposit holder and planned to get a FE when delivery was originally Spring 2022.. then June.. then Sept/Oct.. Now it's sounding like a Dec/Jan delivery at the earliest. Like others, I'm not looking forward to transporting my new $100k sportscar 2 hours home in possible snowy conditions just to have it sit in my garage for the following couple months.

That being considered, I've thought about bumping down my position in queue for a more reasonable delivery date of April '23. But now it sounds like base/custom spec V6 Emiras might be produced and delivered by then too.. But what are the prices? What are the additional colors and customization options? Can we just get some communication and solid answers please? 🙄

SloAlfa

Reaction score
Thank you.

V6 US focused:
So I read this as “anyone in the US that puts a deposit on a V6 FE through March of 2022 will get a V6 FE”.

I was really hoping that with all the "new communication" with the dealers last week and allocation calls that there would be some sort of solid unified communication to the customers.

Makes no sense.. some say the FE being guaranteed through March of 22.... Now a dealer tells a customer that they missed the cut? which is it?

Is it possible the dealer said or thinks you missed the cut for 2022 builds based on the allocation numbers they were told for 2022? What about churn? have they called everyone before you on the list? Did everyone pay their second deposit so they know for sure you are out?

The fear I have had since the get go is the dealers do not care if a customer bails or not, they get their allocation even if they bail out and they will sell at "market pricing", meanwhile patient customers are getting screwed..

Hey Lotus, this is what happens when you do not communicate to the customers and you leave it up to a bunch of dealers. I hope this works out for everyone! keep the info coming please. I am supposed to get my info this week? we will see.

Psb1816

Reaction score
um, deposit place july 24. was told "too bad" today. i was allegedly 80th but said V6 auto thinking fewer would want one. i was told 9 ahead of me. pretty frustrated in that my deposit i didn't specify saying "first available" when other specified. was also told a week ago to no worry as they were getting a huge allocation. Oh well, off to mclaren.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Or, better idea: Customers will just give 800,000 checks at $2500 each and get no car until 2028 when they are all EV flying turds. That's also an option. I think they might be going for that option.

First come first serve is not at all how one operates a retail store properly. One's stock and availability are sort of the other half of doing business. The idea that "people will drop off" and the other idea that "this new Emira will create excitement for the brand for five years" are completely antithetical. 5,000 pissed off buyers who needed no marketing campaign or ad dollars to buy your product, are enthusiasts, and generate millions of dollars of free on-line press... Well, they will go to other brands or find themselves stuck without a car from another brand as those cars brands will have a year delay as well.

For this reason I put a deposit on an Emira and on another brand that also takes a good while to get a spot for. I really want to drive something cool and do it within a reasonable time of a year.

SloAlfa

Reaction score
um, deposit place july 24. was told "too bad" today. i was allegedly 80th but said V6 auto thinking fewer would want one. i was told 9 ahead of me. pretty frustrated in that my deposit i didn't specify saying "first available" when other specified. was also told a week ago to no worry as they were getting a huge allocation. Oh well, off to mclaren.
This is because the dealers said when they were taking our money that they were creating lists based on transmission and engine.. apparently that changed to just a total number of units they are getting... so that means you were 80th. I am #53 total and was #9 also for an auto but now thats a moot point because they changed the rules to total on the list. so, im #53. Waiting on my sorry, you are not getting one call or email also.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You know it's be really great if Lotus would reveal base spec pricing, including options and packages so buyers can make informed decisions.

Like some of the others here, I'm in the NE USA and winters suck. I'm an early deposit holder and planned to get a FE when delivery was originally Spring 2022.. then June.. then Sept/Oct.. Now it's sounding like a Dec/Jan delivery at the earliest. Like others, I'm not looking forward to transporting my new $100k sportscar 2 hours home in possible snowy conditions just to have it sit in my garage for the following couple months.

That being considered, I've thought about bumping down my position in queue for a more reasonable delivery date of April '23. But now it sounds like base/custom spec V6 Emiras might be produced and delivered by then too.. But what are the prices? What are the additional colors and customization options? Can we just get some communication and solid answers please? 🙄
$1,500 max covered trailer cost
OR
Wait it out

Either scenario is unfortunate but we do have options at least I guess…

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
All in context apparently in the US because nobody knows what “80th” even means really until we know the rest of the equation(s)…

Unfortunate in many ways.

Still exciting though!

SloAlfa

Reaction score
All in context apparently in the US because nobody knows what “80th” even means really until we know the rest of the equation(s)…

Unfortunate in many ways.

Still exciting though!

The only excitement is possible closure and clarity to let people make choices what they want to do. May be a Spyder in my future frankly if I get a not so favorable call this week.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you.

V6 US focused:

That's the way I read it. They weren't putting a limit on production numbers, just a limit on how long they would run them. So according to what I read, it looks like they'll make as many FE's as they get orders for, as long as the order is in by the end of March.

The problem the dealers are having is everyone got shorted on their allocations, compared to what they thought they were getting. Apparently all 40 dealers got a backlog of deposits, including dealers that normally sell like 2 a year or something like that, so the high-volume dealers that usually get a lot of cars, got almost half of what they were expecting so Lotus could feed a small quantity to everybody. There's also the issue of they were supposed to be adding 10 new dealerships in North America this year, so they would have to give them at least some amount of cars to get started. We don't know how many that is though. All of this has to come out of the 700 cars that are allocated to the whole continent.

Park Place said they usually get about 70 cars a year, so that's what they were expecting, instead they're getting 45. I think last I heard, they have something like 145 deposits already. That's just one dealer, so you can imagine what it's like for everybody else.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's the way I read it. They weren't putting a limit on production numbers, just a limit on how long they would run them. So according to what I read, it looks like they'll make as many FE's as they get orders for, as long as the order is in by the end of March.

The problem the dealers are having is everyone got shorted on their allocations, compared to what they thought they were getting. Apparently all 40 dealers got a backlog of deposits, including dealers that normally sell like 2 a year or something like that, so the high-volume dealers that usually get a lot of cars, got almost half of what they were expecting so Lotus could feed a small quantity to everybody. There's also the issue of they were supposed to be adding 10 new dealerships in North America this year, so they would have to give them at least some amount of cars to get started. We don't know how many that is though. All of this has to come out of the 700 cars that are allocated to the whole continent.

Park Place said they usually get about 70 cars a year, so that's what they were expecting, instead they're getting 45. I think last I heard, they have something like 145 deposits already. That's just one dealer, so you can imagine what it's like for everybody else.
Wow.

So… Really no benefit to being in first allocation in the US on V6 FE unless;
1. You’re looking to resell fast.
2. You just want to be first or early.

Otherwise, more benefits to wait;
1. Better looks on configuration choices.
2. Reviews.
3. Time to change thoughts on all of it.
4. Weather.
5. Aftermarket “stuff”.
6. Get the “kinks” out on delivery.
7. More time for knowledge sharing.

Just so many more reasons to delay here IMHO. Unless I’m missing something. Please chime in here.

I absolutely love your opinions. Please.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Unreal. This is very exciting. I just need to really weigh the “early-in” factor now. I don’t truly know the benefit of having one of the first few off the line…

From a math problem, Lotus has a major advantage on this roll-out.

They can better manage supply chain and really without any negative down side to distribution except buyers just really wanting their cars sooner. It’s an incredible result here!

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't care if I get my base edition sometime in 2023, as I purchased my Veloster N in October 2020, so still is a relatively new car for me to drive and enjoy.
It would be nice for Lotus to release finalized base car prices and options.
There are benefits to waiting, Emira reviews, more possible options, more color choices, allow any early bugs to be worked out, allows me to make more money to put towards the car.

RobE67NASA

Reaction score
Great news! From other posts I've seen it looks like all the US dealers have now been notified of 2022 allocations and are starting to contact customers about timescales for deliveries and finalising orders.

Exciting times!
Yes Great News indeed, however I think this excitement is limited to the V6 only, in the USA. For myself, I am excited to have a confirmed Order for the i4 AMG powered Emira which is now confirmed by Lotus via my Dealer (Aston Martin Boston) that production of the i4 USA Orders will not commence until 2023.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes the whole thing is a little confusing. The email from Gator basically stated that I didn't make the cut for an FE UNLESS people in front of me drop out. BUT base edition cars will soon follow and orders for them will start this summer for delivery in early 2023 (barring no further delays which you all know how that goes).
I plan to time my delivery for Fall of 2023.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All of the US allocation information is confusing. Some of the messaging indicates that there will be a ton of FE cars available including all the people who placed deposits in 2021, and other messaging indicates that FE will only be available in the first model year (of which only 700 are coming to North America) so that means that only people who placed deposits in literally the first 1-2 weeks after the Goodwood launch will have any hope of getting an FE V6 car.

Some clarity on this directly from Lotus (and NOT from local US dealers, who are notoriously bad at accurate info) would be greatly appreciated.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got my call from Lotus of North Jersey (Summit). Ordering in April with an Oct build date and expect delivery late Nov/early Dec. Additional $2500 deposit required at spec ordering.

I asked if I could be bumped down the list if I wanted to just take a ~April '23 delivery instead of having the car through the winter and he said I could, but I likely wouldn't get a First Edition... and "the FE's are apparently a very good value." Does this mean base pricing and options will be higher than usual? Who knows...

They have 109 deposits so far.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Finally got my call from Lotus of North Jersey (Summit). Ordering in April with an Oct build date and expect delivery late Nov/early Dec. Additional $2500 deposit required at spec ordering.

I asked if I could be bumped down the list if I wanted to just take a ~April '23 delivery instead of having the car through the winter and he said I could, but I likely wouldn't get a First Edition... and "the FE's are apparently a very good value." Does this mean base pricing and options will be higher than usual? Who knows...

They have 109 deposits so far.
When did you place your deposit?