U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

daniel heald

Reaction score
It's absolutely amazing how much car you get with the C8 ZO6 for the money. It really shames Lotus, to be honest. If only the C8 could be configured with a manual transmission :rolleyes:. And there are other comparables, like the Alfa 4C, which had a carbon fiber chassis... that car started around $60K. And here we are with the Emira, aluminum chassis and fiberglass body... not a piece of carbon to be found.
Hmmm, lets compare apples with oranges and come up with a conclusion.
The 4c simply is not in the same sea. The interior is miles behind and it is no dieting paragon of virtue.

from wiki
895 kg (1,973 lb) (dry)[7]
940 kg (2,072 lb) Spider (dry)
1,050 kg (2,315 lb) (dry) (USA)
1,060 kg (2,337 lb) Spider (dry) (USA)[8]

The 4c is a slightly better {possibly} Elise that has carbon chassis and yet it is heavy very heavy. The 1996 Lotus Elise weighed 725 kg (1,598 lb) on launch but rising to
866 kg (1,909 lb)
914 kg (2,015 lb)
in latter models

Yes safety rules have caused all cars to gain weight. I saw Harry last week and he extolled the virtues of the original Elan. Great car for sure and If I am to be in an accident and I trust never to be in one, give me a modern car anyday.

I am totally biast. I have not sat in or driven the Chevy. There is a lot of car for the money, for sure, but do you need all that excessive car? It is huge. I sat in a 4c and was very dissappointed. As to the Chevy? well not for me, large car cartooney looks and suspect build, that is getting better too, over the years.

For my eyes the Emisa is gunning for the 718,. Having owned a Boxster and thourghly enjoyed it as a car to drive,. The roof ball joints went at 40,000km some $3k in repairs, so I was tempted by by a new one.

I loathed the Porsche marketing. Let me see Sir to buy a new 718 you can spec the car like so.....I might like the salesman's guided hand for "my" spec but then when I get to the summary page find my bank account is out by another fifty percent over the base price to get a car I might want to own. Most of the extras are stock on other new cars. It is a case of thanks but no thanks Porsche. The key is on the left of the steering column, Sir, our racing heritage, WHY? ah thats our sporting heritage, it helped us win Le Mans, YEESSS I get it but all sports car races have a rolling start since 1971, so erm, this is BS, n'est ce pas?

No give me an Emira any day. I am happy to wait for the reviews of the various types to come out and then i will choose after seeing one in the flesh and driven one too. I really look forward to returning to the Lotus marque.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@ ~el~jefe~
@ daniel heald

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that either the C8 or the 4C are better cars. I ordered an Emira over those cars for many reasons. My point is that both of those cars are/were offering so much more for the price in terms of performance (C8) and/or technology (C8) and/or materials (4C).

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I totally understand the smaller car better handling and the i'm not like everyone factor. i'm just worried i'm gonna put myself over 100k and regret it . When a stingray is 70 and a zo6 in 90 . any way you stack it the cars are going to be a year out .

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Things are getting too quiet around here. We need something thick and juicy to chew on.

Let's see... flip flops, shorts, t-shirt, baseball cap on backwards, sunglasses, beer... you're going to want a C8. Slacks, polo shirt, driving shoes, aviator sunglasses... you're going to appreciate the Emira. It's a refined car; refined handling, steering and shape. It's designed for the drivers; the people who appreciate turning the steering wheel, and all the skills it takes to drive in the twisties. They generally don't want traffic, nor do they want to race others; they want a great road with curves and beautiful scenery.

The other crowd just wants to drive in a straight line, stomp on the gas pedal, yell WOOOOOO as they quickly pass the threshold for being arrested, and then brag about how fast they went and who they dusted, smoked, blew the doors off, etc. All they generally want to talk about is horsepower and speed.

The value for the money depends entirely on what you want to do with the car, and what you enjoy the most. I don't care if the C8 can be bought for a few thousand less than an Emira. I want what the Emira is and the experience it's going to deliver. The C8 doesn't have that. At that price point, a few thousand isn't an issue. I'm buying the Emira.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Things are getting too quiet around here. We need something thick and juicy to chew on.

Let's see... flip flops, shorts, t-shirt, baseball cap on backwards, sunglasses, beer... you're going to want a C8. Slacks, polo shirt, driving shoes, aviator sunglasses... you're going to appreciate the Emira. It's a refined car; refined handling, steering and shape. It's designed for the drivers; the people who appreciate turning the steering wheel, and all the skills it takes to drive in the twisties. They generally don't want traffic, nor do they want to race others; they want a great road with curves and beautiful scenery.

The other crowd just wants to drive in a straight line, stomp on the gas pedal, yell WOOOOOO as they quickly pass the threshold for being arrested, and then brag about how fast they went and who they dusted, smoked, blew the doors off, etc. All they generally want to talk about is horsepower and speed.

The value for the money depends entirely on what you want to do with the car, and what you enjoy the most. I don't care if the C8 can be bought for a few thousand less than an Emira. I want what the Emira is and the experience it's going to deliver. The C8 doesn't have that. At that price point, a few thousand isn't an issue. I'm buying the Emira.
You've completely missed the points brought up about positives of the C8 and instead went on a bigoted tirade, stereotyping the people who buy such cars. It's not just a straight-line car with the stereotypes that go along with that, so don't be surprised when the V6 Emira gets destroyed on a road track by a C8zo6.

Though I agree with your other points which is why I ordered an Emira; my personal idea of fun.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Well said regarding the evocative experience anticipated with the Emira.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ever driven a C7 or C8 Vette? Apparently not. The handling is amazing and pretty sure will pull more G’s cornering than most Lotus.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ready to rock and/or roll this week.

It’s going to be exciting to hear either;

1. “Oh no way that’s true. You read a Facebook post about someone who put a deposit down in November but they’re in the first allocation because they’re #2 at their dealership? Nope.”

OR

2. “Oh yeah. That could totally be possible. Dumb? Sure. But hey thanks for doing the right thing, being early, and not dropping multiple deposits man. Also yeah, I’m drilling holes in the front of your car for the plate.”

So let’s get this week started! Whew!

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
haha eagle it's totally true tho man. I just sold my c7. i'm kinda not the typical corvette guy tho my other cars are a exocet and 2 miata's . I so wish they would just hurry up and get the pricing and options prices up on the site. we know the fe v6 is loaded at 94k and they say your getting a deal on that. Question is a like optioned v6 mt gonna be 110k that's my fear which makes it a 120k car that's just to much.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You've completely missed the points brought up about positives of the C8 and instead went on a bigoted tirade, stereotyping the people who buy such cars. It's not just a straight-line car with the stereotypes that go along with that, so don't be surprised when the V6 Emira gets destroyed on a road track by a C8zo6.

Though I agree with your other points which is why I ordered an Emira; my personal idea of fun.
It's called satire lol. However, I didn't mention track; I specifically was talking about the street. Track people are a different crowd.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ever driven a C7 or C8 Vette? Apparently not. The handling is amazing and pretty sure will pull more G’s cornering than most Lotus.
No I haven't, but I have seen the vette crowd at a cars and coffee. My satirical comment wasn't really about the cars, it was more about the street crowd that buys them, since the vast majority of owners don't take their cars to the track. I have no doubt the C8 can corner, but the street crowd that buys them don't buy them for that.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
i dont see how that is possible unless the c8 has serious downforce aero, then maybe. Lotus is 600+ lbs lighter? lower? aluminum? be strange if that is the case. im sure they work well though

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
c8?
I have personally bitten the shit out cornering with my 2.4 Tons Range Rover SVR. True!

Wake up! Emira is in another league guys!

Now off to work, any new colors coming this week?

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@ ~el~jefe~
@ daniel heald

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that either the C8 or the 4C are better cars. I ordered an Emira over those cars for many reasons. My point is that both of those cars are/were offering so much more for the price in terms of performance (C8) and/or technology (C8) and/or materials (4C).
The C8 makes it up in volume, it's just hard to compete with for anyone. The 4C is a tiny little car and they invested a bunch in the tub and that's about it. Emira is a better balance, but also there's no perfection out there. The inevitable triangle of life: price, performance, styling. Pick two ;)

Based on your description I should be getting a C8. A friend of mine didn't want to get a C8 because of the stereotype that most drivers are 70-year old golfers. Didn't realize they're 70-year old golfers who wear their caps backwards :cool:

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Based on your description I should be getting a C8. A friend of mine didn't want to get a C8 because of the stereotype that most drivers are 70-year old golfers. Didn't realize they're 70-year old golfers who wear their caps backwards :cool:
same lol...

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lol...oh the stereotypical Vette driver. Sitting in front of their cars in a lawn chair with their New Balance shoes and cut off jean shorts.

I just bought a C7 Z06 M7. My second C7 actually. I 100% do not fit into either of those sterotypes, especially being a female. I just love cars. Love V8's, flat 6's, and apparently a Camry engine when it's wrapped in something as gorgeous as the Emira.

BTW, IIRC, a Z07 packaged C7 can pull 1.2 G's. Yet to be determined for the Emira.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
ROFL there are usually exceptions to the rule. I've always been fascinated by fashion choices and why people align themselves with certain looks. Are they making a statement of who they are, or who they want to be accepted by?

So for those of you who frequent the vette hangouts, you'll have to tell us what kind of reaction you get when you show up in an Emira. Actually for any other brand, including any German brand, etc. it will be interesting to see how they react.