U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just on the subject, I’m wondering that if I was informed of say a February delivery, could I postpone it a month to get a March ( 23 reg) plate?

Nice! Fiscally questionable at best but very nice lol

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Talked to the dealer in Montreal about a week ago, they knew North America would get 700 allocations, that they would get the amount of allocations they have in the next few weeks. Without giving me official confirmation, he said chances are very good I get my car in 2022 since I'm #4 in line. Apparently, the Montreal dealer bought and sold 10 Evora GT last year, so they are expecting to get the most allocations in Canada.

I'm expecting a call within the next 2 weeks.
Interesting, supposedly the Vancouver dealership told their customers the exact same thing and I believe even wrote it on their social media account…

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting, supposedly the Vancouver dealership told their customers the exact same thing and I believe even wrote it on their social media account…
they are dealers, I'm always taking this with a grain of salt. Either way, I don't really mind as long as I get my allocation hehe

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Something else that’s interesting and it’s just a small sample size but based on the poll here looks like 1/4 to 1/3 of the deposits placed are in North America while 700 of 4500 is only 15%. If in fact NA orders do represent at least 25% it will be interesting to see if allotments in 2023 actually reflect this. I understand the many reasons why a good chunk of the initial production will be for the UK.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning,

Exciting news. Yesterday I was informed by my dealer Gator Motorsport that they have received an allocation for me and I can submit my order this coming April. Delivery is scheduled for Nov '22-Jan '23. Delivery date will be confirmed once my order is placed. Sweet baby Yoda!!

That's great news! Congrats!

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
hmm so weird i was told 3 to 4 months after your final order thats about the time you will see your car . My dealer sold 80 evora but from the email i got from lotus i don't order til winter . When i ordered i was in the 90's on the list so i'm expecting june -july 2023 IF i don't wait for a custom color . Seems the dates are all over the board and we won't know til march what the price is for the i4fe or what the price for the base v6 and the options prices are . i feel like that damn robot ''' #5 alive input input" LOTUS we really need a customer service rep for the america's dropping info on your customers and expecting them to share it is just bad.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Something else that’s interesting and it’s just a small sample size but based on the poll here looks like 1/4 to 1/3 of the deposits placed are in North America while 700 of 4500 is only 15%. If in fact NA orders do represent at least 25% it will be interesting to see if allotments in 2023 actually reflect this. I understand the many reasons why a good chunk of the initial production will be for the UK.
It's 700 of 3300, because 700 is for 2022 build (some get delivered in early 2023) and there will be 8 months of production this year. After the big response at Goodwood the UK 2022 allocation was raised from 850 to 1200. So there's about 1400 for rest of the world after UK and North America. I don't know what the breakdown of deposits is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
hmm so weird i was told 3 to 4 months after your final order thats about the time you will see your car . My dealer sold 80 evora but from the email i got from lotus i don't order til winter . When i ordered i was in the 90's on the list so i'm expecting june -july 2023 IF i don't wait for a custom color . Seems the dates are all over the board and we won't know til march what the price is for the i4fe or what the price for the base v6 and the options prices are . i feel like that damn robot ''' #5 alive input input" LOTUS we really need a customer service rep for the america's dropping info on your customers and expecting them to share it is just bad.
Has your dealer communicated with you since they got their confirmed 2022 allocation and briefing from Lotus about specification/delivery timings etc?

Most of them only got allocation confirmed yesterday, so I expect comms is going to take a week or two to get to everyone.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's 700 of 3300, because 700 is for 2022 build (some get delivered in early 2023) and there will be 8 months of production this year. After the big response at Goodwood the UK 2022 allocation was raised from 850 to 1200. So there's about 1400 for rest of the world after UK and North America. I don't know what the breakdown of deposits is.
Is the 1200 cars for 2022 for the UK actually confirmed now Tom?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, subject to type approvals being completed to the expected timelines. It assumes second shift doesn't start until 2023 and that may be brought forward. There is a steady flow of new orders at the moment but they'll wait to see how that changes after press reviews.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If an FE order goes above $95,000 US dollars, after it is converted to Basic edition with none of the discounts, there will be a mass exodus of orders. they really are not going to get any good information or be able to plan on who actually wants a non FE the way they are doing it. If my order goes into the 100k+ dollar territory, I would just stick with 718 Porsche truthfully.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yeah thats why i'm waiting for the numbers on the base . chevy just came out and pretty much slapped the dealers for playing games with the zo6 being 85k lotus is scaring me in how much my car will be .

2001f4s

Reaction score
Also a Gator customer. Need to up the deposit in March for November 2022 delivery. Hoping it doesn't slip any further. Already inquired with Allison on them storing my car until Spring.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
hmm i don't have to up my deposit according to my salesmen i asked 3 times already guess it must be a california thing

groundshark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone heard from Hi Tech / Austin? I guess I'll call tomorrow morning and try to dig out any information.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yeah thats why i'm waiting for the numbers on the base . chevy just came out and pretty much slapped the dealers for playing games with the zo6 being 85k lotus is scaring me in how much my car will be .
It's absolutely amazing how much car you get with the C8 ZO6 for the money. It really shames Lotus, to be honest. If only the C8 could be configured with a manual transmission :rolleyes:. And there are other comparables, like the Alfa 4C, which had a carbon fiber chassis... that car started around $60K. And here we are with the Emira, aluminum chassis and fiberglass body... not a piece of carbon to be found.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's absolutely amazing how much car you get with the C8 ZO6 for the money. It really shames Lotus, to be honest. If only the C8 could be configured with a manual transmission :rolleyes:. And there are other comparables, like the Alfa 4C, which had a carbon fiber chassis... that car started around $60K. And here we are with the Emira, aluminum chassis and fiberglass body... not a piece of carbon to be found.
it is not built well. really nothing shaming anyone. Lotus is going to last longer by far far far. From a 5 hour reviewer being paid $$$$$$ to say how great it is, and the stats of it, really tell none of the story. A hellcat is more reliable, maybe a camaro is less. Corvette is cool, but eh. Vs an aluminum bonded car with toyota engine and transmission and an Edelbrock supercharger? And, a modern, no old chip design, all unified, centralized digital control. If bugs are ironed out in the Emira, it could last 300k miles. Cooling system, hmm... is only thing i wouldnt guess is good or not yet. mid engines are rough to cool, porche has it right but has had rear and mid for many decades.