U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm hearing conflicting info. I just spoke to Nick at Naples. He told me the there are still allocations for the FE models but those have a 20k ADM. Seems weird to me, I thought those were all taken up already.
Like MJW said we're all getting conflicting info. I was told I was low 80s with them earlier on, and 2 weeks ago "there's a small chance you'll make the cut for fe and get a car before the end of the year." Now knowing they're selling FE slots for a markup, looks like there'll be no slipping down the list. Boo.

R35_J

Reaction score
Yeah, that conversation rubbed me the wrong way. I just spoke to Paulo at Orlando based on some other comments here and he was super transparent. Said they have 25 allocations and I'd be #77. I don't mind waiting as long as I know what's going on.

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
I'm hearing conflicting info. I just spoke to Nick at Naples. He told me the there are still allocations for the FE models but those have a 20k ADM. Seems weird to me, I thought those were all taken up already.
I placed my deposit with Naples end of August and was told I was in the 60’s. talked to Chris a couple of weeks ago and didn’t get a solid answer but was told I was probably 2023. just don’t like the way this is being handled and really rubs me the wrong way. I’m keeping my deposit there, but wished I had put it at my ”local” dealer. Was also told, there are other early deposit holders that are willing to sell their slot for $20k…. Again, just doesn’t Seem right.…but I’ll probably stick it out and hope that y assumptions are proved wrong.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I placed my deposit with Naples end of August and was told I was in the 60’s. talked to Chris a couple of weeks ago and didn’t get a solid answer but was told I was probably 2023. just don’t like the way this is being handled and really rubs me the wrong way. I’m keeping my deposit there, but wished I had put it at my ”local” dealer. Was also told, there are other early deposit holders that are willing to sell their slot for $20k…. Again, just doesn’t Seem right.…but I’ll probably stick it out and hope that y assumptions are proved wrong.

I placed mine Aug 2 and was told low 80s... :rolleyes:

Very frustrating to say the least

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Gator requires a total of 10% deposit at order time. I happily (well kinda as I never like giving up money :)) submitted my ~ $10k and have an April allocation
I'm not sure how far into 2023 their orders are, but Ray and the rest of his staff and North Jersey have been great. Personal follow up, transparent in where I am in the pecking order... I was moved up due to a few dropouts... they just seem to do it right. I was bumped into the March allocation and and hopeful to see my Emira in Oct/Nov 🤞

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
When I spoke with them earlier this month we talked about the FE slots and they mentioned a couple of folks on that list had sold their slots to someone else for $20k. The transaction was between the buyers, not Naples, they were adamant about that. The conversation came up when I asked about ADM and Alex assured me they were not playing the ADM game. In a round about way he said if I wanted an FE and was willing to negotiate with someone on the list he could facilitate it. Overall my interaction with Alex has been above board. Any issues I have are around their managements lack of clarity but I’m sure they consider that to be privileged information, it’s just the way some dealer principles are.

Bigred911s1

Reaction score
I'm not sure how far into 2023 their orders are, but Ray and the rest of his staff and North Jersey have been great. Personal follow up, transparent in where I am in the pecking order... I was moved up due to a few dropouts... they just seem to do it right. I was bumped into the March allocation and and hopeful to see my Emira in Oct/Nov 🤞
I Want to order an FE and also reside in NJ. Which dealer are you working with? I’m looking for the most transparent and honest dealer to business with. Thanks, Mike

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I Want to order an FE and also reside in NJ. Which dealer are you working with? I’m looking for the most transparent and honest dealer to business with. Thanks, Mike
All North American FE slots are taken, multiple times over, have been for 6 months. You will not be getting an FE unless you find a completely unscrupulous dealer or a person with an existing deposit and a confirmed FE position who is willing to sell their place in line and you are willing to pay $20K+ in ADM.

If all NA dealers were playing by the rules then the best you can expect at this point is to place a deposit now then an order sometimes in mid to late 2023 for late 23, early 24 delivery.

Happy Hunting.

Bigred911s1

Reaction score
All North American FE slots are taken, multiple times over, have been for 6 months. You will not be getting an FE unless you find a completely unscrupulous dealer or a person with an existing deposit and a confirmed FE position who is willing to sell their place in line and you are willing to pay $20K+ in ADM.

If all NA dealers were playing by the rules then the best you can expect at this point is to place a deposit now then an order sometimes in mid to late 2023 for late 23, early 24 delivery.

Happy Hunting.
Thanks for reply’s guys. I’m on waiting list for a 2023 Z06 with a legitimate dealer and saw the new Lotus Emira and love it. I’ll inquire with Ray in Summit. If.a slot opens up I’ll jump in but not willing to pay up above MSRP for it. If I have to wait until 2023 I am willing to that to. I’ll let you know how I make out.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New deposits placed today are looking at 60-65 weeks for delivery unless you pick up a cancellation and get stung for a markup.

I suggest getting a deposit down before the press driving reviews come out on 7 June, as that will probably prompt a further round of deposits. Then dealer demo cars arriving in the US from September will prompt the next wave.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply’s guys. I’m on waiting list for a 2023 Z06 with a legitimate dealer and saw the new Lotus Emira and love it. I’ll inquire with Ray in Summit. If.a slot opens up I’ll jump in but not willing to pay up above MSRP for it. If I have to wait until 2023 I am willing to that to. I’ll let you know how I make out.

Ray's taken over 100 deposits as of their roadshow event (back in November)... I'm sure it's closer to 150-200 now. They're only getting 30 allocations for this year (that's actually quite a lot considering some other dealers are only getting 2-10 each) and who knows how many they'll get next year (hopefully more if/when production speeds up). You likely won't be able to get a First Edition, but base spec and individual option pricing will be revealed in a few months.

I put my deposit down the day of the Emira reveal last July. I speced and ordered mine in April, but not expecting delivery until Nov 22-Jan 23 with the way things are sounding with supplier issues and inevitable port delays.

Bigred911s1

Reaction score
Ray's taken over 100 deposits as of their roadshow event (back in November)... I'm sure it's closer to 150-200 now. They're only getting 30 allocations for this year (that's actually quite a lot considering some other dealers are only getting 2-10 each) and who knows how many they'll get next year (hopefully more if/when production speeds up). You likely won't be able to get a First Edition, but base spec and individual option pricing will be revealed in a few months.
Wow at that rate it could easily be years until delivery. I’m also on a waiting list for the new Porsche 718 GT4 with Porsche of Main Line in Pa. But with the high demand for GT4s and current state of allocations it may well be a year out or so but definitely worth the wait for the GT4. Looks like I will be getting my Z06 well before the Emira and the GT4. It’s frustrating with so many folks wanting to buy these new cars and the difficulty with the current state of this economy.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow at that rate it could easily be years until delivery. I’m also on a waiting list for the new Porsche 718 GT4 with Porsche of Main Line in Pa. But with the high demand for GT4s and current state of allocations it may well be a year out or so but definitely worth the wait for the GT4. Looks like I will be getting my Z06 well before the Emira and the GT4. It’s frustrating with so many folks wanting to buy these new cars and the difficulty with the current state of this economy.

Well the good thing about Lotus of North Jersey is that they aren't selling above msrp (at least not this first batch of First Editions). Porsche dealers are out of control with ADM. Porsche Delaware are great guys, but they already sold their 4RS allocations for ~$100k over msrp.. Same with the 922 3RS.

Main Line (RDS Auto Group) have a great rep and they confirmed with me recently that Lotus of Philadelphia will be opening sometime in 2023 and will be on West Chester Pike (their old Porsche pre-owned lot). Might be worth checking with them too.. That's where I'll be getting service, parts, and warranty work done for my Emira since it's only ~20 minutes from me (compared to 2 hrs to Summit).

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Happy Hunting.
Yes... I apologize, I didn't see your mention of an FE order. If you're looking to place an Emira order, that's the place, but an FE will either need to be second hand from someone flipping one for a profit, or overpaying from a dealer that still has allocation because they're charging a significant premium.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
From reading an interview with Matt Windle, he said they've managed to increase their production capacity from 5000 cars to 7000 cars, but the bottleneck right now is chassis production. They make their own chassis and they're already running 3 shifts and are at max capacity, so they're going to have to outsource some of that, which he said they will. He also said it's difficult to get things going because of the challenge of finding people to hire. He said they could do a night shift, but it's hard to find people willing to work those hours, but he's working on it.

All of this is before there are any final production cars being reviewed or out on the roads. You can imagine what it's going to be like once those things happen. I hope Lotus is REALLY putting in the effort to get more dealerships out there. They're going to be needed.

CarbonSkyfall

Reaction score
Well the good thing about Lotus of North Jersey is that they aren't selling above msrp (at least not this first batch of First Editions). Porsche dealers are out of control with ADM. Porsche Delaware are great guys, but they already sold their 4RS allocations for ~$100k over msrp.. Same with the 922 3RS.

Main Line (RDS Auto Group) have a great rep and they confirmed with me recently that Lotus of Philadelphia will be opening sometime in 2023 and will be on West Chester Pike (their old Porsche pre-owned lot). Might be worth checking with them too.. That's where I'll be getting service, parts, and warranty work done for my Emira since it's only ~20 minutes from me (compared to 2 hrs to Summit).
I put my deposit in early April at Lotus of North Jersey and was at #121. Refundable deposit with no ADM.

I've been going to Porsche of the Main Line for a few years and they've been really great to work with. Tim Grape formerly of Porsche of the Main Line is the new GM for Lotus of Philadelphia. POTML is currently building a new dealership just down the road on West Chester Pike from its current location. Lotus will move into the current POTML location sometime after POTML moves. As of last week Tim said they planned to open Lotus 2H of 2023. They are in the early stages, have no allocations and are not yet taking deposits.