• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m going magma with tan leather ( good enough for Ferrari, good enough for me)
Doing silver wheels and red callipers
I am still on the fence, but first choice was Magma, tan interior, black wheels & calipers. I was thinking upper black pack, still undecided. Want to see photos! I only have a month or two before I will have to lock in...

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m in shock just spoke with my dealer I’m putting in my order next month!! It arrives in November! What a birthday thanksgiving/ Christmas present!
Wow now I have to decide😱
Need to pick??
Magma red with Tan or Icy leather
Nimbus grey with tan or red leather

Decided
Brakes yellow with red car or red with nimbus grey.
Lower black pack.
Sport suspension
6 speed
Nimbus with red!

Schumacher

Reaction score
I drove to my dealer the other day. Houston only got 7 FE and I was number 12. He said my order will probably be in June/July and it takes about six months to deliver. Not the good news I was hoping for.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I drove to my dealer the other day. Houston only got 7 FE and I was number 12. He said my order will probably be in June/July and it takes about six months to deliver. Not the good news I was hoping for.
Wow your really high up ⬆️. Look at the bright side. 1 more colors. Get to see a few in person” big one” More information. I have only seen what’s on the internet. Didn’t get the opportunity to go to Austin..

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I feel for you if you drove Colorado to Houston (versus phoning)? You couldn't do better in Dallas or Austin for a dealer?

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am still on the fence, but first choice was Magma, tan interior, black wheels & calipers. I was thinking upper black pack, still undecided. Want to see photos! I only have a month or two before I will have to lock in...
it is a different look, the black pack. It changes the look. It does not enhance the look. I think it is way overdone. it also scratches and swirls easier. I am not sure everyone is used to very low cars. They look good in mono color paint when low and sporty. The black-pack makes the top lines of the car disappear and you focus on the painted parts. Just a different look, not better. My vote is save the money for magma red unless you are one of those types that checks the box on all things glossy black when you buy anything.

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I posted this in the PNW regional section:

I have submitted my final deposit… $10k with total deposits being $15k.

received Lotus USA confirmation and my spec confirmed/listed.
I don't understand the inconsistency from dealer to dealer re: their first and second deposits. My original deposit was $2,500, and I was able to place my final order without having to provide any added deposit. Go figure?

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't understand the inconsistency from dealer to dealer re: their first and second deposits. My original deposit was $2,500, and I was able to place my final order without having to provide any added deposit. Go figure?
Same, very inconsistent. My dealer did $2500 to get on list (refundable) and additional $5000 to place order

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same, very inconsistent. My dealer did $2500 to get on list (refundable) and additional $5000 to place order
Dealers in the US are independently owned. Procedures may have been suggested by Lotus, but how they're carried out may understandably vary. For one, each dealer has different allocation. From what I understand 2500 was the minimum to actually place the order with Lotus... from there, each dealer can decide what their secondary deposit will be to "weed out" fence sitters... some smaller ones with shorter lists and a more personal approach may be able to be leave it at the 2500 or maybe 5000... some others may request more depending on how their client is paying for the car, ie: cash, finance, etc.

R35_J

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been lurking here and I'm finally ready to put a deposit down. Located in Miami. Would Naples be my best bet for placing a deposit?

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all. I've been lurking here and I'm finally ready to put a deposit down. Located in Miami. Would Naples be my best bet for placing a deposit?
Call all the dealers 500 maybe 1000miles ask how many FE there are getting and the number of deposits they have. Simple mathematics pick the one with the best ratio 😊. I did that and I am placing my order next month for November delivery 🚚!

VINSANITY

Reaction score
Same as you, I'm in Miami, I went with Naples for pre-order. Getting largest US allocation and most professional. Climber's comment makes sense, do the math on where you'll get to front of line first.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Same as you, I'm in Miami, I went with Naples for pre-order. Getting largest US allocation and most professional. Climber's comment makes sense, do the math on where you'll get to front of line first.
While I agree and have placed mine with Naples I don't completely agree with the Professional comment. While the process and documentation is well done there's one thing that keeps bothering me, their unwillingness to share the store wide count of deposits and allocations. The story you get is each salesperson manages their own customer base but has no visibility into the overall list. I'm sorry but this is BS. If you can live with, "You are in the high 100's on the list but based on our allocation guess you should get a car in 2023" then go for it. If you want real numbers and a level of confidence people aren't jumping the queue because their salesperson has more pull then pick a different dealer.

R35_J

Reaction score
I feel like the lack of transparency would start to get annoying. Seems like Orlando might be the next best option then.

R35_J

Reaction score
I'm hearing conflicting info. I just spoke to Nick at Naples. He told me the there are still allocations for the FE models but those have a 20k ADM. Seems weird to me, I thought those were all taken up already.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm hearing conflicting info. I just spoke to Nick at Naples. He told me the there are still allocations for the FE models but those have a 20k ADM. Seems weird to me, I thought those were all taken up already.
Sounds like some who were in the allocation group pulled out, and instead of moving everybody up, they're holding those spots open and doing the repulsive ADM thing.