Hello from the PNW USA

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wanted the chrome badges and titanium tailpipe finishers so skipped the upper black pack. Can wrap the roof later if I’m really keen.

Drevil

Reaction score
Excellent spec! If I was getting FE mine would be very similar. I was born and raised in the Portland area but have lived various places since 2015 due to my job. Currently in Whidbey Island and placed my deposit at Park Place a few months after you (I'm over 100 on their list). Hoping to take delivery before Thanksgiving 2023.

Going for V6 manual, white, full alcantara interior with white or yellow stitching, yellow calipers, silver forged wheels, sport suspension with Cup2's for the track and canyons. I have a second set of aftermarket forged wheels in mind for street driving on the Goodyear F1's.
I was super disappointed in being number 106 I believe at park place. Honestly I don't think it will be possible to get this car for 2-3 years if you are over 100. I've heard of super low allocations. I am just hoping that they won't start raising the prices on these with comparable options to first editions for much higher money . Last two emails to them they haven't bothered to respond. Not feeling very happy with that dealership

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was super disappointed in being number 106 I believe at park place. Honestly I don't think it will be possible to get this car for 2-3 years if you are over 100. I've heard of super low allocations. I am just hoping that they won't start raising the prices on these with comparable options to first editions for much higher money . Last two emails to them they haven't bothered to respond. Not feeling very happy with that dealership
Who have you been working with? Just curious...

Drevil

Reaction score
Who have you been working with? Just curious...
David Khazai he's always been great in last few Here's but communication has slowed last two emails unanswered last communication was beginning of December. And I just can't imagine this car showing up in Bellevue sooner than two years if they're only Allocating about 600 per year to the US market in my deposit was fairly late November 5

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
David Khazai he's always been great in last few Here's but communication has slowed last two emails unanswered last communication was beginning of December. And I just can't imagine this car showing up in Bellevue sooner than two years if they're only Allocating about 600 per year to the US market in my deposit was fairly late November 5
Ah OK. I have met David. Been a couple years ago now. Very nice guy.
Have you tried calling him? As you know, you're in it for the long haul at this point. He may not be answering because he has no answers to give. But I agree, even acknowledging your email is appreciated.

Drevil

Reaction score
Ah OK. I have met David. Been a couple years ago now. Very nice guy.
Have you tried calling him? As you know, you're in it for the long haul at this point. He may not be answering because he has no answers to give. But I agree, even acknowledging your email is appreciated.

I think I will have to. I think I made a huge mistake jumping in at 105 with them, there were dealers who had smaller lines and even if it wasn't a first edition it would not likely take years. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is 3 years.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve read 700 FE / 2022 production for North America, 2400-2500 into NA for 2023 production.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think I will have to. I think I made a huge mistake jumping in at 105 with them, there were dealers who had smaller lines and even if it wasn't a first edition it would not likely take years. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is 3 years.
Ya, interesting times we live in. That's why I picked up something while I wait. I'm in for the long wait as well. But there are benefits to it.

Drevil

Reaction score
I have an R8 but I'm wanting to sell it while the market is so hot it's worth sane or slightly more than I paid for it over five years ago based on what I'm seeing for comparables online. Only has just over 23k miles

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What makes you think it will be so long? 3 years implies only ~30 cars a year even if zero people dropout. They already have an allocation of 45 FE's for 2022 alone, and it will likely double by next year with more trims.

I speculate I'll get my car summer/fall 2023, maybe early 2024 at the latest. I'd imagine the car only gets better and has more available options (carbon I hope) as time goes on, so I'm not too worried. I've waited 2 years for cars before. The delayed gratification for me makes it more enjoyable when it finally arrives.

nahanni

Reaction score
I have an R8 but I'm wanting to sell it while the market is so hot it's worth sane or slightly more than I paid for it over five years ago based on what I'm seeing for comparables online. Only has just over 23k miles
I have a similar situation with an MB GT53 with 11500 km (7000 miles). But, I look at it as just trading dollars if replacing it with a recent used unit.. It is the only time I feel it's better to buy new. Same situation in the housing market; vendors are selling with great gains , but, no net gain when replacing the home. Trading dollars! Just my opinion.

hbar

Reaction score
Give them a call. I spoke with Park place a few days ago about my allocation (I'm around 70, I think), and based on the conversation am expecting to get my car Q1 2023.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Give them a call. I spoke with Park place a few days ago about my allocation (I'm around 70, I think), and based on the conversation am expecting to get my car Q1 2023.
Fyi: there is this really bizarre situation where Sales Associates disappear and no one informs the customer base, let alone hearing from their replacement.
Tip #1. No reply to texts
Tip #2. No reply to phone message.
Tip #3. No email response.

Not only do I feel your pain, I'm in a pain management program that purports to help cope with this without getting to the source of the problem.
Tip #4. Go up the food chain.
You'll feel a lot better.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What makes you think it will be so long? 3 years implies only ~30 cars a year even if zero people dropout. They already have an allocation of 45 FE's for 2022 alone, and it will likely double by next year with more trims.

I speculate I'll get my car summer/fall 2023, maybe early 2024 at the latest. I'd imagine the car only gets better and has more available options (carbon I hope) as time goes on, so I'm not too worried. I've waited 2 years for cars before. The delayed gratification for me makes it more enjoyable when it finally arrives.
Exactly, 45 FE’s / 700 slots = 6.42%. 6.42% of 2500 slots next year = 160 cars. Sure, we don’t have first hand knowledge of the Lotus allocation system but within the auto industry it’s historically based on the number of vehicles a dealer has purchased in previous years. Considering no dealers are going to get an opportunity to sell more than their FE allocations this year it should define the 2023 allocation percentage.

I’m working with Naples, who has ~70 FE allocations which means they should get at least 200 additional allocations for the base and subsequent versions. I’m 170 something (don’t have exact number) on their list but that includes their 70 FE slots so I have no worries about getting a car next year. I should be able to place an order about this time next year.

Drevil

Reaction score

Great points, I'm just hopeful that the price doesn't climb much more at all as it's getting into the category where I'm already thinking... it's a bit much. More color choices and some sense of how it's performing in the real world with any early fumbles being fixed. I had an Elise and had so many issues with it that I'm hoping they have this one a bit more sorted. This is my current which has all options including CF throughout including engine bay. I love it but it's 2009 want to get something newer before issues pop up
B8927201-A4AA-42E8-906D-FB86E19AC9AD.jpeg

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Submitted the 2nd deposit today for an April allocation. Will be rocking a Magma around these parts next spring as I'm expecting delays so if it comes sooner then a bonus. Fun times

Drevil

Reaction score
Submitted the 2nd deposit today for an April allocation. Will be rocking a Magma around these parts next spring as I'm expecting delays so if it comes sooner then a bonus. Fun times
What number were you ? Congrats 🎉

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What number were you ? Congrats 🎉
Honestly not sure, I put a deposit down right away after the launch. I was prepared for May order allocation but a couple people requested to delay, some move to i4, and a couple never responded in time so they called saying I was next up if I wanted to go early. Definitely excited to have and will be fun to connect with those over in WA when we finally receive

itsagoose

Reaction score
I am #6 at Park Place and sent in an order for Seneca Blue with black wheels and yellow calipers. Pretty similar to launch spec. I’ll see y’all in November at pickup

Attachments

• 19A49308-CB19-4C25-B2AE-90630F45CCDB.jpeg
    19A49308-CB19-4C25-B2AE-90630F45CCDB.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 35

99Problems

Reaction score
Also just placed my 2nd deposit with Park Place last week, about a month earlier than expected. I was mid 30's on Park Place's list of deposits. My sales person couldn't give me a firm delivery, but said SHOULD be.... Stressing SHOULD... Nov/Dec time frame.

I too am coming out of a Porsche (991.2 GTS) for my first Lotus with the Emira. I very nearly was a Lotus owner with the Evora 400 launch, but it was so badly handled and communicated by the Bay Area dealerships at the time that I pulled my deposit and I went to Aston Martin, and then Porsche in the interim.... But I'm Back! Although I am keeping one foot in the Porsche world by adding a Taycan Cross Turismo to the mix to offset the Emira's lack of back seats for practicality.

My spec: Dark Verdant, V6 Manual, Tan leather interior, Black Pack, Diamond cut wheels with yellow Calipers.

Def. down for a meet up at the end of the year when the car comes in.