Reaction score
Hello from the PNW USA

Last edited:

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Excellent spec! If I was getting FE mine would be very similar. I was born and raised in the Portland area but have lived various places since 2015 due to my job. Currently in Whidbey Island and placed my deposit at Park Place a few months after you (I'm over 100 on their list). Hoping to take delivery before Thanksgiving 2023.

Going for V6 manual, white, full alcantara interior with white or yellow stitching, yellow calipers, silver forged wheels, sport suspension with Cup2's for the track and canyons. I have a second set of aftermarket forged wheels in mind for street driving on the Goodyear F1's.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So answering my own questions:

I'm going through Park Place, Lotus of Bellevue for my Emira. I placed my initial deposit July 6th, 2021 which placed me at #14 on their list of potential buyers. Last week my Sales Associate requested my final deposit ($10k) and my final build to be submitted to Lotus. I was informed that my delivery would be estimated sometime in November 2022.

I have selected a v6 FE with Manual Transmission with Sport Suspension and Goodyear tires (Had Michelin Cup 2s in my previous car and I want something I can actually use year round).

Shadow Grey Metallic exterior paint with Lower Black Pack, Silver V-Spoke Forged Wheels and Black Brake Calipers.

Interior in Tan Leather interior and Black Alcantara Steering wheel to pair up with my Alcantara head liner.

Additionally added Homelink (not even sure why it's an option?) and no privacy glass (want to see that engine!!!).

I have been a long time Porsche enthusiast and this will be my first Lotus car!

Emira has definitely caught my attention and I have fully committed!

Super Excited for this new journey!

View attachment 3611
That Shadow and Tan combo is going to look sooooo classy! Excellent choice.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
On the one hand, they could be getting ahead on builds - I know they had found some time savings during production proving or second shift may be starting earlier.

Alternatively, they may be wanting to order components sooner as some items have lengthening lead times as a result of world events.

Either way, it's continuing evidence of Lotus trying to keep production volumes on track.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After all the renders I did lol, I'm going with a very traditional look. Dark Verdant, no black pack, no privacy glass, silver wheels with yellow calipers, tan interior with leather steering wheel. I too ordered Homelink. I'm also ordering the V6 with manual, and the touring suspension with Goodyears.

My salesman at Park Place said my order officially goes in this week, I don't have an estimated delivery yet but I'm expecting it will be December.

My DV Spec.png

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
After all the renders I did lol, I'm going with a very traditional look. Dark Verdant, no black pack, no privacy glass, silver wheels with yellow calipers, tan interior with leather steering wheel. I too ordered Homelink. I'm also ordering the V6 with manual, and the touring suspension with Goodyears.

My salesman at Park Place said my order officially goes in this week, I don't have an estimated delivery yet but I'm expecting it will be December.

View attachment 3656
That is my exact specification - great taste.👌

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 3656
If I had a chance to see DV in pictures or person I'd have probably gone with that. Only change would be black wheels and black pack (heresy I know!).

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I had a chance to see DV in pictures or person I'd have probably gone with that. Only change would be black wheels and black pack (heresy I know!).
It was a serious debate between DV and Nimbus, but I went with DV even though it's going to be more difficult to keep clean. Silvers and grays are extremely common here where I live, and I wanted something that looked more distinctive and different, and since I'm retired, I don't have to worry about a daily commute anymore so it will be easier to keep the car clean. Honestly though, I don't think you can make a bad choice. The car is going to look great in any of the colors.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Speaking of which, I think we may finally have a photo of Dark Verdant out in the wild. This is in London for filming a Top Gear episode. It's not quite as dark dark as I was anticipating, which is okay with me. This one also has the diamond cut wheels on it.

Emira London.jpeg

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I think we may finally have a photo of Dark Verdant out in the wild. This is in London for filming a Top Gear episode. It's not quite as dark dark as I was anticipating, which is okay with me. This one also has the diamond cut wheels on it.

View attachment 3699
You’re thinking this is DV? Any way we can confirm? @TomE you saw it in person - thoughts?

The last shadow grey (blue hue) thread makes me second guess this.

I’ve got 10 days to submit my configuration and knowing this is actually DV would definitely help.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At first I thought it might be Shadow Grey, but these paints can make quite a shift in color tone depending on where they're at and the lighting. I've got photos of actual samples that are all over the map for color.

Here's a pic of DV and Shadow next to each other. Except for the greenish tint, they're a lot alike in brights and shadows.
PXL_20211029_141055540.thumb.jpg.8e2fe55e22e5a593eaf4d60198861bae.jpg

Here's another one of just DV and the London photo beneath it.
img_3413-jpg.1300758.jpeg

Emira London.jpeg

There's just enough gray/blue green in the London photo to make me lean in that direction, that it's DV. If this is any indication of how the FE paints are going to look outside versus inside, no wonder Lotus was reluctant to publish photos. These paints must be a bear to photograph and come up with something that looks like an average of what your eye would actually see. I don't know if that's good or not lol.

It does look very rich and premium though.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
At first I thought it might be Shadow Grey, but these paints can make quite a shift in color tone depending on where they're at and the lighting. I've got photos of actual samples that are all over the map for color.

Here's a pic of DV and Shadow next to each other. Except for the greenish tint, they're a lot alike in brights and shadows.
View attachment 3701

Here's another one of just DV and the London photo beneath it.
View attachment 3702
View attachment 3703

There's just enough gray/blue green in the London photo to make me lean in that direction, that it's DV. If this is any indication of how the FE paints are going to look outside versus inside, no wonder Lotus was reluctant to publish photos. These paints must be a bear to photograph and come up with something that looks like an average of what your eye would actually see. I don't know if that's good or not lol.

It does look very rich and premium though.
Way less green and much more bluish grey in the London pic. To my eye. This makes me go with silver calipers rather than yellow now.

Dang. It. Dang. It. Dang it.

This is so much fun!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I know. I don't see any color reflected in the wheel rim so I'm guessing the calipers are black.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You’re thinking this is DV? Any way we can confirm? @TomE you saw it in person - thoughts?

The last shadow grey (blue hue) thread makes me second guess this.

I’ve got 10 days to submit my configuration and knowing this is actually DV would definitely help.
I think that’s DV. The person who took the pic said it was green not grey. I doubt Lotus would do a green that’s not DV, and if they did it would be something obvious like Motorsport Green or BRG.

I saw DV in a brightly lit assembly hall next to a huge window with bright sunlight. It appeared darker than is showing in this photo. The metallic fleck was also very apparent on the fully lit surfaces at this kind of distance. I’m not seeing that in this photo. So yes I think this is DV, but only one representation of how it looks in a photo and not a very good impression of how it looks in real life.

The photographer was going to head back again today and try to get more pictures.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree… I think Shadow needs a colored interior to make it work… otherwise it feels a little drab…. All subjective opinion though. 👍🏼
Totally agree - that's why I went Shadow with Red :love: