U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone in the US received any sort of updates on expected delivery dates from their dealer? Lotus of North Jersey was completely oblivious when I called them regarding Matt Windle's delay video and claimed they haven't been able to get any info from their Lotus reps. I specced and ordered in April and was originally told to expect a ~Nov delivery, but we all know that's not gonna happen. I'm expecting March of next year, yet my dealer still thinks November. :sneaky:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Come on lol. You know we wont be hearing shite. This is the new Lotus we are talking about.....I am a FE adopter and Supposed to be getting my vehicle in 90 days (as told by my dealer) and its been ZERO communications. ZERO.
Has anyone in the US received any sort of updates on expected delivery dates from their dealer? Lotus of North Jersey was completely oblivious when I called them regarding Matt Windle's delay video and claimed they haven't been able to get any info from their Lotus reps. I specced and ordered in April and was originally told to expect a ~Nov delivery, but we all know that's not gonna happen. I'm expecting March of next year, yet my dealer still thinks November. :sneaky:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When did your dealer tell you in 90 days?
The 90 days is from today. When I put my 11k down in March of this year I was told I would have a Emira in my garage in November, with a September build date. (I reserved in May of '21.) So now November is 90 days away.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The 90 days is from today. When I put my 11k down in March of this year I was told I would have a Emira in my garage in November, with a September build date. (I reserved in May of '21.) So now November is 90 days away.
It is so weird that some dealers required 11k when I only had to deposit $2500🤷‍♂️ it sounds like some dealers are partying with deposit money.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

That's never going to happen. The earliest UK deliveries are now estimated for September and US is prioritized way behind UK. Then you must factor in shipping, port certification (which is expecting delays as well), delivery to dealer, dealer prep, and finally delivery to you. I say we'd be lucky to get dealer demos this year and first customer deliveries early 2023.

Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It is so weird that some dealers required 11k when I only had to deposit $2500🤷‍♂️ it sounds like some dealers are partying with deposit money.

I gave a 1k deposit in May 2021, then another 10k in March to "Lock in my order" since they were sending my build sheet to Lotus company.

That's never going to happen. The earliest UK deliveries are now estimated for September and US is prioritized way behind UK. Then you must factor in shipping, port certification (which is expecting delays as well), delivery to dealer, dealer prep, and finally delivery to you. I say we'd be lucky to get dealer demos this year and first customer deliveries early 2023.

I know lol. I dont expect till Marchish of 23.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I gave a 1k deposit in May 2021, then another 10k in March to "Lock in my order" since they were sending my build sheet to Lotus company.

I know lol. I dont expect till Marchish of 23.
Yeah I only had to put down $2500 total. My dealer did not require a second deposit when submitted to Lotus.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I only had to put down $2500 total. My dealer did not require a second deposit when submitted to Lotus.

Wish that would have been the case. Would have a something else in the garage right now.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has LNJ said how many FE allotments they received? I didn’t go with them but I’m curious if I would have made the cut if I had.

Last edited:

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I reserved in July 21, fourth in line in my State for a First Edition. I talked to the sales rep on Friday and he is saying March delivery....and even that you believe it when you see it. I am tired of waiting. I am still going to get the car, but looking at a used '22 M4 to tide me over. Not getting any younger!

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I reserved in July 21, fourth in line in my State for a First Edition. I talked to the sales rep on Friday and he is saying March delivery....and even that you believe it when you see it. I am tired of waiting. I am still going to get the car, but looking at a used '22 M4 to tide me over. Not getting any younger!
March delivery? Man that’s late for being 4th in line in your state. Where’s your rep getting info?

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume from whomever provides that info, whether it's Lotus USA or the Factory.
Lotus USA has been pretty much oblivious the whole time to me. I submitted my final order March 5th and they’re saying October still as of last week.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wish that would have been the case. Would have a something else in the garage right now.
Curious what else did you have your eye on? Only other car that has been calling me is 2018 gt3. Only thing keeping me away from GT3 is what I have read about the gearing on the street not being fun.

Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Curious what else did you have your eye on? Only other car that has been calling me is 2018 gt3. Only thing keeping my away from GT3 is what I have read about the gearing on the street not being fun.

All over the place, but a McLaren mp12c, Ferrari California, Porsche Cayman or 911. I already have an Elise and this was going to be a wild card car, something unique.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Curious what else did you have your eye on? Only other car that has been calling me is 2018 gt3. Only thing keeping my away from GT3 is what I have read about the gearing on the street not being fun.
I think the gearing is fine but the only downside is that the engine doesn’t come alive until high up the revs so it’s not a car you can easily enjoy at lower speeds. It’s not just the gearing in the GT3, it’s the fact you have 9000rpm at your disposal. At higher revs though the engine is exquisite. One of the best sounding engines I’ve ever experienced.

It really comes alive at the kind of revs the Emira is maxed out at so very different in that respect.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think the gearing is fine but the only downside is that the engine doesn’t come alive until high up the revs so it’s not a car you can easily enjoy at lower speeds. It’s not just the gearing in the GT3, it’s the fact you have 9000rpm at your disposal. At higher revs though the engine is exquisite. One of the best sounding engines I’ve ever experienced.

It really comes alive at the kind of revs the Emira is maxed out at so very different in that respect.
It sounds like you were lucky enough to own one. Thank you for the insight. There is a chalk gt3 for sale in Boston it has 20,000 miles and they want 189,000 for it. It is tempting but I think the Emira looks way cooler. I used to have a tuned 930 that I miss. I would guess the gt3 is a raw car similar to 930.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus USA has been pretty much oblivious the whole time to me. I submitted my final order March 5th and they’re saying October still as of last week.
I don't think there is any way you get it in October. Be surprised if you get it this year.