U.S. Ordering and Allocation Thoughts - What are you hearing?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I was expecting a car summer 2022. If it’s now 2023 at least this gives me time to see the next gen m2 before I finalize the Emira. If it’s faster, arrives here quicker and saves me 30k I might just stay in the bmw family and have a back seat.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I was expecting a car summer 2022. If it’s now 2023 at least this gives me time to see the next gen m2 before I finalize the Emira. If it’s faster, arrives here quicker and saves me 30k I might just stay in the bmw family and have a back seat.
Also gives us time to read/watch reviews and see how this thing plays out.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Like others who've posted, I'm expected an actual 2023 delivery. With "first" deliveries in the US Fall of 2022 per @VL3X letter, I see the bulk of deliveries being later. Keep in mind that "Fall" is through the third week of December. So they could start delivering Dec. 15th 2022 and still technically be in "the Fall". Any way you slice it.. the majority of FE's in the US are likely winter/spring 2023.

In the US, we have to deal with dealers. Dealers have a specific job - keep us warm and interested. They're salesmen. I don't think dealers will purposely mislead but they will certainly massage details to present the rosiest picture possible to keep us interested (and more importantly, deposits locked in).

Everyone should sit back and relax. Save some cash. Build that extra garage.
Well said "Everyone should sit back and relax. Save some cash. Build that extra garage."
Just chill and relax it is what it is.

firstlotus

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I thought I would start a thread on the ordering process etc related to the U.S. only as it seems each country is doing it a bit different. Here is what I am hearing or have heard from the two dealers I have talked with.

"facts" as I have heard so far.
1. Each Dealer will have an allocation of Emira's base on a few things, I have heard two answers.
(A) Allocations will be based on overall dealership performance, including sales, service, and parts as well as number of Emira deposits held?
(B) Allocations will be based on Evora sales performance?

2. Each Dealer will get a set number of allocations (certain number of V6 Autos, V6 Manual, etc). The two dealers I have talked with are asking the customer preference ahead of time and that is the "list" the customer is on. So a dealer may take 150 pre-orders but depending on the configuration you want, you may be on a different list.

3. Dealers seem to be a bit different on deposit amounts and allocation order amounts. Most are at $2500 to order and the two dealers I have spoke with are different on the second "deposit". one was $5K and another was 10% of the total MSRP amount minus the $2500 deposit.

4. Both Dealers seem to think Allocations will be handed out sometime in January so depending on the list you are on (configuration), you may have a decent idea on the month you will get called for the second deposit sometime after that.

5. Demand for the V6 Manual seems to be 65% of the orders, 4cyl Auto is about 20% and V6 Autos are the balance of the demand. (not sure if this is right??)

Anyway, as I was searching for answers, these are the answers that I have gotten. Sorry if these were covered somewhere else, just thought I would share.

I would be curious if everyone is hearing the same as above or if you are hearing anything different. came in
I sold Bentley and you came in, ordered a Bespoke Continental (Coupe, Flying Spur, or Conv't) paid a $5,000 FULLY Refundable deposit. When the car came in you drove it, THEN paid or financed the balance...at any time the deposit was refunded no questions asked. That's a classy way to do business...

SemiF19

Reaction score
My problem is I know how impulsive I am and I fully see myself getting something else before 2023. Love the Emira, but it's not the only car for me on the horizon. Based on all this information it's almost 100% I'm not getting a car until summer 2023 or later.......ugh.........

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My problem is I know how impulsive I am and I fully see myself getting something else before 2023. Love the Emira, but it's not the only car for me on the horizon. Based on all this information it's almost 100% I'm not getting a car until summer 2023 or later.......ugh.........
I'm the same way..

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd believe what is in the Lotus email VL3X posted. Although Tammy has given her job title in that as Relationship Manager US and a US phone number, she is also UK and Europe Relationship Manager and is based at Hethel. So if that's what she's saying then that's likely to be up to date.

I don't have any better information and have been told several times there will be more information in January but probably not before then. I've also been told all the pre-production activities are on track and the timings for press, dealer demo and first UK customer cars are unchanged.

So deck the halls, make merry, enjoy your other Christmas presents and we'll have more news in the New Year.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm weirdly the complete opposite. Took me 2 years to decide, order, and then receive delivery of my MY2020 M2 Competition.

During those 2 years I was living in NYC, (prior to moving to Georgia) so I just took the subway, bus, or walked.

:D

OP
S

SloAlfa

Reaction score
im exactly the same way.. already looking at cars that wont depreciate that much so when they finally call me about my build, I have time to offload it.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
US FE deliveries officially pushed to Autumn 2022 now.. I'm betting it'll be more like Q1 2023. 😢

Screenshot_20211218-161856_Chrome.jpg

OP
S

SloAlfa

Reaction score
US FE deliveries officially pushed to Autumn 2022 now.. I'm betting it'll be more like Q1 2023. 😢

View attachment 1955
Honestly, I don’t think anyone in the US should have expected theirs in spring of 2022 anyway? Maybe they are just getting the US site more realistic when the first shipments will be arriving here in the US? Which was Q4 of 2022 anyway, right? Fully expect US to be 4+ months after the first deliveries in the UK which seem to be around “late spring”, early summer. Just my thoughts.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t think anyone in the US should have expected theirs in spring of 2022 anyway? Maybe they are just getting the US site more realistic when the first shipments will be arriving here in the US? Which was Q4 of 2022 anyway, right? Fully expect US to be 4+ months after the first deliveries in the UK which seem to be around “late spring”, early summer. Just my thoughts.
I think you’re right. Maybe there will be more choices first editions by then. Hmm.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yeah i'm thinking late 2023 figure maybe june or july 2022 we might be able to configure our cars . With the amount of fe orders alot of us u.s. people are gonna get the short stick. starting to figure i'll just pay the extras and get a full custom build

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
When I did my deposit in mid September, I was told July 2022 they would start seeing cars hopefully, but that was just what my dealer knew at the time. So many factors will change this, the biggest of all, CoViD.

OP
S

SloAlfa

Reaction score
Well, I may be behind everyone here but I finally got an email today from LotusCars.com with a reference number. sorry if everyone else has this and this is old news. I guess some news is good news for me. eager to hear more possibly next week on allocations. Email received this morning attached here. So winter it looks like for me to configure? I'm in the Chicagoland Area so I consider September "winter" ;)

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.17.26 AM.png

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, I may be behind everyone here but I finally got an email today from LotusCars.com with a reference number. sorry if everyone else has this and this is old news. I guess some news is good news for me. eager to hear more possibly next week on allocations. Email received this morning attached here. So winter it looks like for me to configure? I'm in the Chicagoland Area so I consider September "winter" ;)

View attachment 2566
Yeah welcome to the Fast Lane as a Priority Customer. As a result you can expect the following:

1. Nothing
B. Not a thing
III. Zero things
4. See #1
E. All of the above

But good news? This is fun! :)