Two Year Anniversary - Thank You!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Happy Two Year Anniversary to all the 7/7 Waitlist Deposit Holders coming this Friday.

Thank you to all who made this forum possible;
@digilotus
@Dragoon
@supersix
@TomE
@VL3X

1,833 members strong, this has been a long two years, but this forum has been my sole place to go for information about this vehicle to keep me engaged and excited through this long wait.

The passion of our members, the knowledge, the dedication to accuracy, the humor, the camaraderie… It’s kind of a special little place really. :) Thank You!

Happy Anniversary!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The passion of our members, the knowledge, the dedication to accuracy, the humor, the camaraderie… It’s kind of a special little place really. :) Thank You!

Agreed 100%! Thank you all for making this a fantastic forum and keeping me distracted the past couple years. This next year should be exciting for most of us!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This July is 2 years for me too 😴

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hats off to our passionate admins, @Dragoon and @supersix, who established, host and operate this great forum! Without them, this site and our vibrant community of global forum members wouldn’t have ever existed!

This forum has also been my go to place for everything Emira related. The insights, experience, banter, good humour and practical advice shared has truly been enlightening and inspirational. 🍻

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I can get a little mushy here for a minute, the reason why this forum is such a great place is first and foremost because of the people. I still remember my first forum post and the reason that made me want to create an account in the first place:

1688566770465.png

Point being: the people here make this place what it is, and are the difference between a "website" and a "community"! My sincere thanks to all of you for your part in building this great space for fellow enthusiasts together. :)

Next Decade

Reaction score
I love the community and camaraderie found here, and really appreciate you guys, but I really didn’t need the reminder of how long I’ve been waiting lol.

Seriously, at this point I will have put my deposit down 3 years in advance of seeing my car…🥲

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I can get a little mushy here for a minute, the reason why this forum is such a great place is first and foremost because of the people. I still remember my first forum post and the reason that made me want to create an account in the first place:

View attachment 28698

Point being: the people here make this place what it is, and are the difference between a "website" and a "community"! My sincere thanks to all of you for your part in building this great space for fellow enthusiasts together. :)
Doesn't a 1st Forum post qualify as a NFT?
Think of all the time invested!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 28698

This made me curious about my first post... it's been a long journey that's taken us all sorts of directions. The "enjoying the process" part made me laugh. Ahhh, so young... so naive. :ROFLMAO:

first post.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Two years ago today was the public launch of the Emira at a very rainy Hethel, live streamed globally. I was one of the 131 superfans who participated. I was then on the Lotus stand on the first day of Goodwood on 8 July and the first person to sit in the show car that day. My picture of the Emira's open boot (trunk) went viral!

After 25 years on many other Lotus forums I stumbled across this place on 10 August and have spent the last 2 years sharing the journey with you lovely lot, several of whom I've now met in person and had a drink, chat or drive together #uslot

648321841_EmiraLaunch(12of24).thumb.jpg.11f16320b6eefee0b6fa5cc78efa2c48.jpg

Emira launch.jpg

Emira launch intro 2.png

Emira V6 boot.jpeg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two years ago today was the public launch of the Emira at a very rainy Hethel, live streamed globally. I was one of the 131 superfans who participated. I was then on the Lotus stand on the first day of Goodwood on 8 July and the first person to sit in the show car that day. My picture of the Emira's open boot (trunk) went viral!

After 25 years on many other Lotus forums I stumbled across this place on 10 August and have spent the last 2 years sharing the journey with you lovely lot, several of whom I've now met in person and had a drink, chat or drive together #uslot

View attachment 28714

View attachment 28716

View attachment 28713

View attachment 28717
With or without an Emira, we've all enjoyed the ride.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two years as a depositor for me, as of today.

Seems like another lifetime! We were all full of hope and expectation, with Lotus promising that cars would begin shipping "in the spring"...

99Problems

Reaction score
Two years as a depositor for me, as of today.

Seems like another lifetime! We were all full of hope and expectation, with Lotus promising that cars would begin shipping "in the spring"...
2 years for me as well tomorrow I believe... Really makes you think when you go back to that "shipping in the spring" line from July 2021... they had to know, even then, that it was an impossibility to hit that mark.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 28714

View attachment 28716

View attachment 28713

View attachment 28717
Hey, I am also on the same screen as TomE, one of the 131. I feel quite famous now! By now my deposit had already been in with Lotus for a good number of months.
Also by bizarre coincidence I was also at Goodwood and have a not quite so viral picture of a Lotus Development Engineer, who I spent some time speaking with, putting things in the boot for TomE to photograph for us all.
Will be at Goodwood on Friday - what excitement will there be this year!
IMG_7781.jpeg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Will be at Goodwood on Friday - what excitement will there be this year!
Excellent! If you get a moment for an unguarded conversation with anyone there who knows anything at all, can you ask whether the US certification process was ever started? In other words, are they still waiting on initial regulatory response, or did the car miss the Tier 3 Bin 160 target for some reason and have to be remediated?

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My 2 cents from a non-Lotus owner perspective, waiting on an Emira as a first Lotus, has been that this Forum is significantly more welcoming, friendly, informative and fun, than another Lotus forum which I shall not Talk about, that almost drove me away from the Lotus community and Lotus brand.

So let me echo the OP's "Thank You" to all.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It was two years ago today, July 11, 2021 that I placed my deposit for an Emira. Since then, I've retired and made it into my 70's. I saw the notice that Peter Horbury, who was the executive VP of design at group Lotus has passed away. He was born the year before I was. C'mon Lotus, deliver my car while I still have time to drive it!