New UK joiner, serial Lotus owner

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi, I'm Tom and some of you may recognise me from other forums including SELOC and The Lotus Forums or know me from the Lotus and Emira groups on Facebook.

I'm a serial Lotus owner, having owned an M100 Elan SE and S2 Elise SC before my present batch. I've had my Evora S for the last 10 years and recently bought an S1 Exige. I also own one of the Lotus Sport 110 bikes and was recently involved in a documentary about the 108/110 bikes and the current Hope-Lotus HB.T Olympic track bike.

I've been part of the Lotus family for 25+ years and know a few of the dealers and factory folk as well as lots of owners. I was one of the "superfans" participating in the Emira reveal.

I placed my Emira deposit back in April and am going for a V6 manual, so I'm expecting an earlish car sometime April/May/June 2022. Depends on how the First Edition/own spec details pan out but it's tempting to stick with First Edition to get one of the early cars.

Here are pics of my current stable:

Lotus110_1920x1080 (1).jpg

A Lotus-Exige-S1.jpg

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Tom and some of you may recognise me from other forums including SELOC and The Lotus Forums or know me from the Lotus and Emira groups on Facebook.

I'm a serial Lotus owner, having owned an M100 Elan SE and S2 Elise SC before my present batch. I've had my Evora S for the last 10 years and recently bought an S1 Exige. I also own one of the Lotus Sport 110 bikes and was recently involved in a documentary about the 108/110 bikes and the current Hope-Lotus HB.T Olympic track bike.

I've been part of the Lotus family for 25+ years and know a few of the dealers and factory folk as well as lots of owners. I was one of the "superfans" participating in the Emira reveal.

I placed my Emira deposit back in April and am going for a V6 manual, so I'm expecting an earlish car sometime April/May/June 2022. Depends on how the First Edition/own spec details pan out but it's tempting to stick with First Edition to get one of the early cars.

View attachment 170
View attachment 171
Both fabulous Tom, as is the (TT?) bike!

Gemolack

Reaction score

View attachment 170
View attachment 171
Nice cars Tom. Are you going for Blue on the Emira?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks folks!

@eclat2emira thanks and yes, the bike is set up as a time trial bike, to the same spec as Boardman rode in the 1994 World Championships. Took me 2 years to find the frame (belonged to one of Chris Boardman's mechanics) and another 12 months to track down all the period-correct components. We have a very active Sport 110 owners club and do a few closed circuit TTs every year. We've done Snetterton, Hethel and Goodwood and have Thruxton in October.

@supersix thanks, I provided the subjects but all the credit goes to the super-talented Andrew at Nineteen80one. He's also a Lotus owner. His portfolio here: https://www.nineteen80one.com/

@Gemolack thanks and that's one of my major dilemmas! My Lotus purchases so far have all been used or ex-demo so I've had to balance specs versus colours and history. I got lucky with the Exige, as I'd been looking for a few months and not found the right car then two blue ones came on the market at the same time. I need to get a photo of them together, as in typical Lotus fashion they're not the same shade of Laser Blue! I've always wanted a yellow Lotus and never found one for my Evora or Exige purchase. For Emira I told myself I'd go for yellow before they announced the colour options. But the Hethel Yellow for the First Editions is a flat colour and I think a metallic or pearlescent would be better. The Seneca Blue looked great on the car at Goodwood and has a fine metallic fleck, but it looks much flatter in photos. And it's not Laser Blue! So I'll probably stick with a First Edition and go yellow, rather than wait for the extra 7 colours and have to delay getting the car. If Lotus say they're adding Laser Blue but only for later cars it'll be a tough call. I'm trying to be patient, waiting for more info in a few weeks.

tjlazer

Reaction score
Wow! Incredible fleet and cool as hell to put a bike on the roof of your lotus! Is that a seasucker mount? I use the same for my road bike, so handy for using across different cars, mind you my bike is a standard spec ribble, not world record standard!!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow! Incredible fleet and cool as hell to put a bike on the roof of your lotus! Is that a seasucker mount? I use the same for my road bike, so handy for using across different cars, mind you my bike is a standard spec ribble, not world record standard!!
Yes, it's a Seasucker Talon. It's needed some experimenting to find a mounting arrangement that's stable and doesn't over-stress the roof on the Evora, as it's quite thin. The front mount has three suckers and I stick two to the top of the windscreen and one to the roof.

I've had it at motorway speeds with no issues. Not sure I'm going to try testing Seasucker's claims of 140mph!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Fantastic examples of the marque Tom. (y)

Interesting to note that you had already decided on a yellow Emira even before Lotus had revealed the colour options. For me, the yellow was an easy pick (due to my past history), but was waiting to see Seneca Blue and Magma Red before I made the final decision. Didn't realise how popular Hethel Yellow will turn out to be...more the merrier I guess, and how fantastic would it be to do a parade lap at the Silverstone Classic. Anyone who has seen the 60 or so Ferrari F40s that did a lunchtime parade lap around the F1 circuit in 2012 will know what I mean - that was such a fantastic spectacle of motoring perfection! I am sure a similar collection of Emiras will be equally eye-catching.