• Sport

Votes: 63 44.1%

• Total voters

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Correct, different bushes and geo but identical steering.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did they get their information from this poll :unsure:
No idea, but got the call this evening and specced mine in Sport + Goodyears. Might change it later if more info comes out.

And pre-empting the question! I put the first deposit down around noon on the 8th July

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if when they start selling non FE cars if sports suspension will be an extra cost option. I e. Everyone gets touring suspension as standard but sports costs extra.

If you can get the upgrade for no cost with FE then maybe that is the one to go for?

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s my understanding sports suspension is an extra on base car, which is enticing me further to take it on FE to maximise value at resell time

OP
Den

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes I was thinking along the same lines.
I will use the car for spirited weekend dry weather driving rather than long touring so Sport Chassis and CUP 2’s it is 👍

Lotusrat

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a 370Z? How does the 370Z Sport compare with both suspensions on the Lotus?

With regards to Goodyear tires: I hope they have improved them over the OEM run flats on 2010 Grand Sport. I almost fit under a semi like Chevy Chase trying to pass in the rain.

It is a Big big decision, and I guess I expected to test drive prior to saying, sure I'll cheat death one more time.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Confused as to what suspension I should go for after reading all these comments. I will be using the car as a daily driver and won't ever take it on a track, but I do want the best possible driving experience when driving it on local B-roads etc. But also concerned about driving it in bad weather, have a lot of roads in Norfolk which has issues with standing water, and obviously concerns about winter driving etc. Thoughts and comments please....

I assume choice will affect future replacement tyre costs as well - not sure if noticeably or not though as suspect tyres won't be cheaper either way.

Also mentioned on here that perhaps sport suspension will give better residual value, as suspect when it is an option after FE it won't be cheap.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@donskibeat Based on everything I’ve talked about with Lotus I think Touring is the setup you’ll find most appropriate.

Sports has some compromises for road driving, so don’t assume it’s an “upgrade”.

Both setups have the same component count and there’s no reason for the springs and dampers to be more costly for Sport versus Touring. They’re from the same manufacturers, just different ratings.

Lotus may choose to price Sport higher, but they haven’t on the FE and could have done.

It might affect residuals for own spec cars if they are priced differently. But if there’s no cost difference on the FE I think the impact on residuals will be minimal.

As of last week, the split on submitted V6 FE configurations was about 60% Touring and 40% Sport. That suggests there will be decent demand for both setups on resale too.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Confused as to what suspension I should go for after reading all these comments. I will be using the car as a daily driver and won't ever take it on a track, but I do want the best possible driving experience when driving it on local B-roads etc. But also concerned about driving it in bad weather, have a lot of roads in Norfolk which has issues with standing water, and obviously concerns about winter driving etc. Thoughts and comments please....

I assume choice will affect future replacement tyre costs as well - not sure if noticeably or not though as suspect tyres won't be cheaper either way.

Also mentioned on here that perhaps sport suspension will give better residual value, as suspect when it is an option after FE it won't be cheap.

I asked the Lotus engineer this question at the Ashford event. He said you were unlikely to get the full benefit of sport suspension on public roads, it was really tuned for track days and really getting on it. He also said the touring setup as probably way more than most people will exceed on a track day as well and it will be tunable. He said you won't be disappointed with the touring setup in any way and you still can tweak it or even uprate later on.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've just done a quick price check on the tyre options. The LTS versions of the Goodyears aren't on sale yet so I've used standard versions.

It'll be roughly £840 for a set of the Goodyears and about £1200 for a set of the Michelins. Prices can change a lot with seasons, manufacturer offers etc and the LTS Eagles may be more expensive. Gives you a rough idea though.

OP
Den

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@donskibeat Based on everything I’ve talked about with Lotus I think Touring is the setup you’ll find most appropriate.

Sports has some compromises for road driving, so don’t assume it’s an “upgrade”.

Both setups have the same component count and there’s no reason for the springs and dampers to be more costly for Sport versus Touring. They’re from the same manufacturers, just different ratings.

Lotus may choose to price Sport higher, but they haven’t on the FE and could have done.

It might affect residuals for own spec cars if they are priced differently. But if there’s no cost difference on the FE I think the impact on residuals will be minimal.

As of last week, the split on submitted V6 FE configurations was about 60% Touring and 40% Sport. That suggests there will be decent demand for both setups on resale too.
Thanks @TomE
I'm swaying back towards the Touring now :unsure:

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks @TomE
I'm swaying back towards the Touring now :unsure:
Me too...though I specced Sport thinking I'll change this, most of the time will be on the road and I expect way off the limit of what the setup is capable of.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is the new 'what colour shall I choose' lol
Best riding car I've had on 20s was my Porsche with PASM and Sports Chrono
I'm thinking the Touring set up will be similar to the normal and sport mode on PASM and the Lotus Sports set up more like the Sports Plus setting which also stiffened up the dynamic transmission mounts.
The beauty of PASM was it was always adapting to your driving style no matter what mode you were in however.
Anyway... cut to the point I probably only used Sport Plus setting for the chassis once out of a 100 drives on the road. So think Touring is way to go, even tho I want Sport 🤣
Also Michelin Cup 2 tyres made my M2 Comp 'undriveable' 6 months of the year, so unless you live in a warm climate or won't be using in winter I'd go for the Goodyears. Plus they are almost too good. So unless chasing ultimate laptimes I'd go Goodyear again and have more fun

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is the new 'what colour shall I choose' lol
Best riding car I've had on 20s was my Porsche with PASM and Sports Chrono
I'm thinking the Touring set up will be similar to the normal and sport mode on PASM and the Lotus Sports set up more like the Sports Plus setting which also stiffened up the dynamic transmission mounts.
The beauty of PASM was it was always adapting to your driving style no matter what mode you were in however.
Anyway... cut to the point I probably only used Sport Plus setting for the chassis once out of a 100 drives on the road. So think Touring is way to go, even tho I want Sport 🤣
Also Michelin Cup 2 tyres made my M2 Comp 'undriveable' 6 months of the year, so unless you live in a warm climate or won't be using in winter I'd go for the Goodyears. Plus they are almost too good. So unless chasing ultimate laptimes I'd go Goodyear again and have more fun
Yep, that will be the smart choice for most people, well reasoned and will be my choice too.

TassieDevil

Reaction score
Is there any accurate information from Lotus regarding the materials/make up of the Emira's primary suspension components, ie: hub uprights, upper/lower wishbones etc etc

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

firstlotus

Reaction score
It'll be good if they had info on the drop for the sports set up
Absolutely, they have done a poor job of communication on this topic and others... why have 2 different setups - this means that they are basically 2 different cars! If you want to track, buy the GT4 and go racing if that's what the Sports setup is all about... for a street car with the odd track day they should set it up like any other sports car... with an interior switch, Comfort, Sports, Track, Race...I think my friends C7 Vette has 7 optional settings. I don't know of a manufacturer that makes you choose between a suspension set-up that you have to choose... they should have a track day for depositors before ordering a $100K car...! I would also like to see an optional electric front lift like the Vette with GPS...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Many other sports cars and super cars have an optional sports suspension. Lotus have explained why Touring and Sports are being offered and what they recommend for different uses.

Lotus are ride and handling experts. They’re confident they can set up a great handling car without needing a way of switching the suspension into different modes. The fundamental differences between a road and track setup are covered by different springs and dampers, not electronics. And the road/touring setup will still be very competent on track.

There’s no need for a front lift if the approach angle means the nose doesn’t scrape on a speed bump.