• Touring

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Sport

Votes: 63 44.1%

• Total voters

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Beautiful area! I'm leaving for a New England road trip Sunday through the White Mountains of NH and will be stopping to hike a bit in Kaaterskill on the way back home. We'll be taking our GLI this time around, but hopefully the Emira next year!
White Mountains, ehh? I'll need to make a point to check that out. That would be a drive of drives for sure.. forget how lucky we are sometimes to have such a large country with so much state and national park land. I live in west Catskills and have Route 97 which is a "scenic highway" - basically 55 mph road that hugs the curves of the Delaware river. For those not stateside.. a little pic to make you jealous:
1632404435595.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does the sports suspension just consist of different dampers, or also include different springs and sway bars (which seems logical)?
Yes, per my earlier post. Different dampers, different spring rates, different bushes, different anti roll bar setup, different geometry settings.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks TomE.
That's the best information I've seen other than the Lotus website stating a 'slightly stiffer ride'.
So you could set up the adjustable dampers for road or track use, albeit you won't get the same feel as touring?
I wish they had made it as simple as 1 set up for all and pushing a button on the dash to switch it from Normal to Sports suspension.
Yes, you can adjust the dampers to suit your usage, but it still won’t be as compliant on everyday roads as Touring.

The Emira has a driving mode button for Drive/Sport but that affects exhaust valve opening, upper rev limit and how much the stability programmes do.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, per my earlier post. Different dampers, different spring rates, different bushes, different anti roll bar setup, different geometry settings.
Excellent, thank you!

OP
Den

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you can adjust the dampers to suit your usage, but it still won’t be as compliant on everyday roads as Touring.

The Emira has a driving mode button for Drive/Sport but that affects exhaust valve opening, upper rev limit and how much the stability programmes do.
Thanks. Touring for me :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was thinking Touring package for sure. Don't like messing with stock suspension, especially from someone like Lotus, but 15mm lowering springs could be added later possibly if required

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A reasonable alternative would be to drive a pre Model Year 2012 Evora versus a 4xx Evora or GT.
Did anyone from Lotus give a comparison of ride of the Emira vs Evora then, as I found my 400 perfect on UK roads so would be good to know if that compares to sport or touring setup ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did anyone from Lotus give a comparison of ride of the Emira vs Evora then, as I found my 400 perfect on UK roads so would be good to know if that compares to sport or touring setup ?
Emira rides slightly better than Evora due to the wider track.

Difference between Touring and Sport was compared to difference between Evora Series 1 (softer) and 4xx (harder). Emira Sport will be slightly stiffer than 4xx.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s right. And the blue show car is lower than where production cars will sit. The grey dynamic prototype is closer.

Also, contrary to some earlier info, the Sports suspension isn’t adjustable.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira rides slightly better than Evora due to the wider track.

Difference between Touring and Sport was compared to difference between Evora Series 1 (softer) and 4xx (harder). Emira Sport will be slightly stiffer than 4xx.
Cheers Tom. Hmmm got me thinking now as was going to go touring, but just slightly stiffer than 4xx I had is more than acceptable and I expect will be deemed a plus point at resale time as will be a chargeable extra above base cars vs touring which is standard ?

G

Guest142

Cheers Tom. Hmmm got me thinking now as was going to go touring, but just slightly stiffer than 4xx I had is more than acceptable and I expect will be deemed a plus point at resale time as will be a chargeable extra above base cars vs touring which is standard ?
This. I'm definitely going with the sports setup now.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I spoke with a Lotus mechanic last night at B&C, he's driven the Emira in sport setup as well as the GT4, M2 etc...Firstly he says the Emira blows the others out the water (his words) - even the Cayman GT4 which he felt had to be revved to high to get the best out of it. According to him its a significant step up from the Evora, feeling something between the Exige and Evora in handling and really glued to the tarmac. Also recommended the sport setup and said it wasn't too harsh, similar to the later Exiges and said it was much better on track. Though frankly I'm not sure I have the skills to exploit the difference on track.

But Gav Kershaw is the man, got to give some serious weight to his view on this.

They are expecting 70% touring 30% sport optioning for the FE.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Now I’m torn between touring & sports suspension now - I think will need to test both…. I’m waiting for i4 anyway, so happy to wait

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
forgot some interesting detail. He said the main difference between touring and sport was steering feel and feedback, much more coming through in sport.
Must be due to harder bushings throughout since its still hydraulic steering.. Not like they are electronically simulating a heavier wheel for sport and lighter wheel for touring.