Top Pick - EMIRA...

Here's just the Emira blurb from the article:

No. 1 - Lotus Emira (& Evija)​

The final petrol-powered Lotus launches this year – but it promises to send pistons out with, well, a bang. The Emira is a supercar lookalike for sports car money, and is off to a flier by being so much prettier than Porsche’s ageing Cayman. Then there are the powertrain choices: first up a supercharged V6 manual, to be followed by an AMG-spec four-cylinder turbo.

Lotus is on course for a massive 2022, with the new Emira being bolstered by the delivery of the Evija electric hypercar and progress being made on the company’s first foray into crossover SUVs. If it can turn the family Lotus into a cash-printer like Lamborghini did with the Urus, the future of one of the all-time great British car marques could be secure at last.

I feel like a complete badass to be atop this list. Aside from the Emira, what do people like? I will take that VW Van! Seriously.

Other cars that interest me on that list: Toyota GR86, Civic Type-R, Mercedes EQE, Maserati Gran Turismo.

I feel like a complete badass to be atop this list. Aside from the Emira, what do people like? I will take that VW Van! Seriously.
It does give you a feeling of smugness doesn't it!

I'm interested in the VW van too. My younger daughter has plans to do a road trip around Italy in 2 years when she finishes school and intended to do it in an original VW Camper. This looks like a great modern alternative.

Of the others, I've been lucky to see prototypes of the GMA T.50 and Valkyrie up close and heard them driven in anger. So I can't wait to see production versions.

Of the more practical stuff, a new Honda Civic Type R with a manual gearbox should be a hoot.

Yeah the electric VW microbus is pretty cool. I just saw a vintage, mint-green 1963 VW 23-window "Samba Bus" at a car museum and was commenting that they should bring back a modern version. Guess VW is way ahead of me...
1641138183870.png

I must say, that Ferrari 296 GTB is a beautiful car. They seem to have taken some styling cues from Evora then flattened them out.
images
The NEW McLaren Artura - I'll stick with the Emira...
Looks VERY similar from this pic angle. and from the front, I would definitely take the Lotus especially with its much smaller price - albeit a difference in hp... lol...

Last edited:
images
The NEW McLaren Artura - I'll stick with the Emira...
Looks VERY similar from this pic angle. and from the front, I would definitely take the Lotus especially with its much smaller price - albeit a difference in hp... lol...
The treatment of the side sills, or rather the lack of one on the McLaren, looks odd. I like the Emira in this regard much more. They've managed to disguise the fact that the bottom of the car is flat.

Well, Emira is quite high up on HM's list of cars to drive in 2022 too, which is great:

Well, Emira is quite high up on HM's list of cars to drive in 2022 too, which is great:
These endorsements are quite affirming for depositors and orders. Sure hope driving reviews follow suit. Thanks for sharing.

That final car… the Merc/Mac… is that supercharger noise typical? I’ve never driven a supercharged car and that thing sounded ferocious!

The second car on that list is one I’m mighty tempted to put an order in for, there has never been an m3 touring so the only one and last petrol powered edition has got to be special…but as special as my 6.3 amg estate?! Let’s see!