Hill start assist in the manual V6

JamesW

Reaction score
Hey guys

When I look at the photo of the manual V6 I don’t see a side hand break, so it must be a button somewhere.

Won’t this make hill start a bit difficult? Or there is a hill hold button somewhere to prevent the car from rolling back when staring on hills ?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No hill hold. Will have to do the old heel hold.

SteveB

Reaction score
Hey guys

When I look at the photo of the manual V6 I don’t see a side hand break, so it must be a button somewhere.

Won’t this make hill start a bit difficult? Or there is a hill hold button somewhere to prevent the car from rolling back when staring on hills ?
On some of the images presented on this forum a second, smaller rear calliper can be seen at 180 degrees from the main rear calliper. I assumed this was the parking brake which must mean there is a way of applying and releasing the parking brake independently of the main brakes. Don’t see how a road car could be sold without a parking brake.

Attachments

• shadow-grey-emira1-png.9.png
    shadow-grey-emira1-png.9.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 84

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
On some of the images presented on this forum a second, smaller rear calliper can be seen at 180 degrees from the main rear calliper. I assumed this was the parking brake which must mean there is a way of applying and releasing the parking brake independently of the main brakes. Don’t see how a road car could be sold without a parking brake.
It’s an electric park brake, like majority of new cars have. It’s release button in on the drivers side dashboard as seen.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It really would be idiotic for Lotus to release the Emira without hill start assist given the electric handbrake employed. If you've ever parked on an incline in tight spaces then use of the handbrake is a must - and if there's no hand lever or hill start assist then you'll either get a BANG hitting something or clutch burn (or both!).

What's the best way to confirm with Lotus formally?

Reactions: DMc
OP
J

JamesW

Reaction score
It really would be idiotic for Lotus to release the Emira without hill start assist given the electric handbrake employed. If you've ever parked on an incline in tight spaces then use of the handbrake is a must - and if there's no hand lever or hill start assist then you'll either get a BANG hitting something or clutch burn (or both!).

What's the best way to confirm with Lotus formally?
Exactly my point, my dealer knows nothing about this, and doesn’t seems to be mentioned anywhere at all

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve had manual cars with electric handbrake and they just released when the clutch was engaged. Worked very well, I would assume Emira would be the same

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's definitely got an electric park brake. I've not seen or heard anything about hill start assist, so it may have it or may have the system that releases the e-brake as you engage the clutch. If it did hav eit I'd have thought it would have been included in the V6 FE specification documents or been mentioned somewhere.

It wasn't on my list of questions sent to Lotus before Christmas. @JamesW if you email the question to Lotus Customer Care they should respond and then share the response here. They've recently answered about petrol particulate filters, so seem to have capacity currently to tackle these kinds of things.

OP
J

JamesW

Reaction score
It's definitely got an electric park brake. I've not seen or heard anything about hill start assist, so it may have it or may have the system that releases the e-brake as you engage the clutch. If it did hav eit I'd have thought it would have been included in the V6 FE specification documents or been mentioned somewhere.

It wasn't on my list of questions sent to Lotus before Christmas. @JamesW if you email the question to Lotus Customer Care they should respond and then share the response here. They've recently answered about petrol particulate filters, so seem to have capacity currently to tackle these kinds of things.
Thanks a lot!!! Will definitely send an email to them to clarify !