Too late for to place a deposit (in Canada)?

adrianmcli

Reaction score
After coming home (to Vancouver) from a trip in Portland where I rented a Lotus Evora, I am now in love with the driving feel of the brand.

I went online as soon as I could to place my contact info with my local dealer, but haven't heard back over a few days. Seeing as how only 500 are going to be produced, it sounds like I am already too late to get one? I really hope I am wrong.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You're way too late for the First Edition (700 for North America), you basically had to place a deposit by about July 10 2021. If you put money down now you're looking at a base model sometime in 2024, most likely.

OP
A

adrianmcli

Reaction score
Ah I feared as much. Will there likely be another premium model in the lineup in a couple years? Or will it all just be base model from here on out?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah I feared as much. Will there likely be another premium model in the lineup in a couple years? Or will it all just be base model from here on out?
From what I understand, the First Edition is just a base model with all 3 option packs included, and a special badge up on the C pillar. Adding those options to a base will likely cost more than the FE price, but the car should be essentially identical.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's correct, First Edition is essentially Base + all options. There may be other special editions later on - probably a V6 Final Edition before they phase out that engine. There will certainly be upgraded models in a few years time, such as higher powered S/GT versions which may have options on reducing weight such as bucket seats and carbon stuff.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There will certainly be upgraded models in a few years time
As much as I'd love to be wrong, I suspect with Euro 7 emissions standards and US CAFE fuel-economy rules coming along in the next couple of years it's going to be pretty uphill battle for Lotus to uncork more power from either of the ICE options. Especially while busy releasing 3 all-new EV car models.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Matt's comment to Top Gear about seeing the Type 135 electric sports car and "it's amazing" reveals where their focus is at the moment. It looks like they're going all-in on electric as quickly as possible. After reading that article, I'm now starting to wonder if they're going to do much more with the Emira. They already have enough orders to carry them through the next 2 years at least. They may very well roll out the Type 135 as the performance sports car, before doing anything else with the Emira; at least the V6 version. I'm sure the i4 will see some additional models, but maybe not that many depending on how the Type 135 looks, what its performance is, and the price.

If the Type 135 is essentially a baby Evija, and if they keep it under $100k, that's going to be very interesting.

OP
A

adrianmcli

Reaction score
Okay, I just placed a $2,500 deposit for the Emira. It's gonna be a looonngggg wait, but very exciting nonetheless!

I'll definitely spec it to the max if I can. I feel like the Emira are just going to be so rare in the future that it doesn't even really matter which model you get.