Canada Emira Warranty Comments/Questions

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hope it’s OK to start a new thread on this topic. I haven’t seen any info about a Canadian Emira warranty and invite anyone “in the know” to point the way, if it’s now available.

A few questions and perhaps Canadian owners of other Lotus models can answer based upon their experience:

1. If my Emira isn’t drivable in the first 3 years, and the nearest dealer is 3 hours away (one way), do I get it to the dealer on my nickel?
2. If so and once there, if it’s found to be a warranty/covered problem, am I reimbursed the cost of transporting it to the dealer?
3. Do I get a loaner vehicle, while warranty repairs are being done?
4. Am I compensated for travel afterwards to the dealer, to pick-up my Emira, following warranty approved repairs?
5. Alternatively, if there’s a local repair shop familiar with or capable of doing Emira repairs, can I tow the car there to have it diagnosed and if found to be covered under warranty, can the repairs proceed there at Lotus’ cost?
6. Is there a roadside assistance warranty with the Emira (also 3 years) and will that cover towing, to the nearest dealer (Lotus or another approved repair shop) or is there a specified maximum towing distance that Lotus will cover?
7. Has anyone had dealerships cover things that Lotus didn’t have to, for these type of issues?
8. Finally, I saw reference to an extended warranty being offered for the Emira. Hopefully that’s true for Canadian purchasers and it’ll be a Lotus extended warranty. If so, I’d be interested in hearing about prices being offered by dealerships, assuming like other vehicle brands it’s negotiable.

Perhaps as we start driving our Emiras, people can post their warranty experiences, so we have a common reference point and can compare notes and learn. That said, here’s hoping Lotus works out all QC bugs by the time we get our Emiras and we all have very little need of ANY warranty. Thanks to all.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great questions. I'll be following.

I placed a deposit at dealership in Toronto. Which is 4hrs away from me. Closest Canadian dealership. Not like there are many to choose from. While talking to someone at dealership they mentioned something about oil changes can be done I believe they said pretty much anywhere. I then asked what about warranty work. Would be nice if I could take mine to Lotus Detroit in the USA which is about 40 mins away for warranty work. Didn't get a clear response. I don't think they have the answers.

I know when I've owned big 3 cars that they would allow service work but I believe warranty work was only covered in Canada. Each country had different warranties. Hopefully I can just go to the USA for warranty work. Heck I'd even go for oil changes. Even though the tolls can add up quick.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am wondering if anyone that purchased Evora would know this answer? I am sure a dealer that sold Evora's prior to Emira would be able to shed some light on how/if Lotus did roadside assistance. My guess is that they will have a road side assistance program similar to other brands. With the launch of Eletre they will have to be competitive and I doubt they will make two different programs for different cars. (warranty aside, as electric car warranties are a bit different regarding the batteries)

As for warranty work in the US - Since Lotus does not have a Canadian branch and all warranty work is approved via Lotus USA, you would have to assume that they would be fine with warranty work being conducted in the US. Just like in Europe, if your car breaks down in Italy and it's from the UK, you can get it serviced in Italy under warranty. (at a Lotus Dealer) Many other brands in North America allow for warranty to work to be conducted in the US as well. I guess we will find out in the next couple months as cars begin to get delivered.

** It is shocking that dealers in Canada are trying to take deposits for Eletre's, Emira's and Eveya's and don't have basic answers regarding warranty and roadside assistance. Meanwhile cars are being delivered to dealers. I do wonder if it is a lack of care from Lotus USA or laziness from the dealers and not asking the questions for information to their reps? Someone at Lotus USA knows these answers, should be simple. Why is everything so damn hard to get answers for these days?

This is how it is for the Europe / UK:

Bear Dalton

Reaction score
Great news! Our North American Roadside Assistance Program is now live. Please see below for more information.

1. Lotus Roadside Assistance Program

We’ve partnered with a roadside assistance and mobility assistance technology company called Urgently, who will help us streamline towing dispatch and connect the consumer with technology like real-time tracking, ETA information, CSI surveys, and more.

• Coverage is for the valid term of the new vehicle warranty USA / Canada
  • Tow coverage is provided for any warranty covered disablement.
  • Covered disablements will be towed to the nearest Authorized Lotus Repair Center at NO COST to the customer regardless of miles.
  • The tow provider will attempt to resolve the consumers issue on the spot, but if unable, they will tow the vehicle to the nearest Authorized Lotus Repair Center.
  • Non-tow related inclusions / offerings listed below:
    • Standard / basic auto Lockout (locksmith services extra)
    • Flat Tire (Can install customer provided spare. Tire replacement cost is ineligible)
    • Jump Start (Battery replacement is ineligible)
    • Winch Services
    • Short Term Mobility
    • Transport
    • Fuel delivery (fuel cost is ineligible)
    • Even trip interruption coverage if eligible (i.e. lodging, rental car, meals, & such)
  • 1 (888) 462 - 5210 USA

1 (888) 462 - 5610 CA

Subw00er

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is this an additional coverage, or comes with a new lotus?

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Comes with the Emira (no extra cost), that's what my dealer told me (Gentry Lane - Lotus of Toronto)