To me the Emira looks so much better than both the GT3 and GT4.

kenniGT

Reaction score
I think if you try to compare this against this, you should be arrested!!

View attachment 9759

View attachment 9760
To me GT4 looks like proper track day machine.
Emira at the moment? Sports car for the trip to the coast on sunny day.

porsche-cayman-cayman-gt4-pdk-S4612179-7.jpg

porsche-cayman-cayman-gt4-pdk-S4612179-6.jpg

porsche-cayman-cayman-gt4-pdk-S4612179-1.jpg

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, we know the Porsche is a real car, every parking lot has a dozen or more, and they all look alike.
Please take a picture of all of these parking lots full of Porsche's! And dealer lots don't count 🤣
I can honestly say I've never once in my life seen a parking lot with more than 1 or 2 different models of Porsche parked in it. And that includes Seattle and Portland.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please take a picture of all of these parking lots full of Porsche's! And dealer lots don't count 🤣
I can honestly say I've never once in my life seen a parking lot with more than 1 or 2 different models of Porsche parked in it. And that includes Seattle and Portland.

Challenge accepted

Place: dubai

🤣🤣

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@TomE and myself met up on Sunday morning at the South East Lotus meet at Newlands corner (3rd Sunday of each month - see Tom).

We were walking down the line of 'other' sports cars and we looked, briefly, at a GT4, in passing.
I shouted out to Tom, who was ahead: "It's okay Tom, just walk passed the ugly Porsche".

Unbeknownst to us, the owner was 3 yards behind us and heard it :)

Cue a minute discussion where I admitted the Porsche was the 'better' car in nearly all areas but still ugly. :p

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
…and he took the opportunity to tell us every Lotus was terrible to drive and hopelessly unreliable, and the Emira would be terrible too based on all the negative press reviews. Confirmation bias much?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Are you saying Emiras don’t look alike? 😳🤣
The Emira is like Jeniffer Lopez, beautiful at first but then you start finding the surgery scars, Porsche on the other hand is like Sophia Lorenz, all natural beauty…😝
Genuine question not trolling, why are you here at all and not on a porsche forum?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The only reason I have never owned a Porsche is because I don't like Porsche "Lotus until I drown!!" (referencing my water leak) :)
But unless I've picked up the wrong vibe from your posts you think porsche are great and lotus average at best? 🤷🏻

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
But unless I've picked up the wrong vibe from your posts you think porsche are great and lotus average at best? 🤷🏻
Porsche, Ferrari and many other makes are much better than Lotus, craftsmanship, performance etc, etc, not my opinion that's fact in the car world, yet starting @ 15 years old I loved drawing only two cars, the Esprit and the Maserati Bora which lines were similar, at that time, from a design perspective, I found those two cars to be perfect! (I'm a frustrated car designer) but for some reason, I could not stop drawing them.
Now, if you would have told me back then that one day I would own a Lotus I probably would have told you no way, I knew the name but I didn't know anything about a Lotus, I was a Chevy guy and continued to be for 27 years after that. But to show you my loyalty to the lotus brand, in 2005 I was able to purchase an Elise, every summer after that when I was off work i would spent it taking my Elise apart, customizing and putting it back together.
Unfortunately, I Lost the car several years later and now I own an Evora GT for about 12 weeks, but is been in service 6 1/2 of those 12 weeks and counting, first the AC now , the infamous water leak, not on one but rather both doors, a new Porsche owner would have burned the car and come out on national TV to complain about Lotus! mind you, this is only a $100K car.
As a fanboy, I also gave the down for an Emira which I'm planning to keep as well, but no matter what this car throws at me, it won't deter me from loving every minute I sit in that car, that 15 years old kid comes out of me again, just like It did with the Elise....
Having said that, I believe, we cannot fool ourselves and hide the many small faults with our cars, or Lotus will never build another car as great as the Emira!!
Sorry for the long rant!

Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Porsche, Ferrari and many other makes are much better than Lotus, craftsmanship, performance etc, etc, not my opinion that's fact in the car world, yet starting @ 15 years old I loved drawing only two cars, the Esprit and the Maserati Bora which lines were similar, at that time, from a design perspective, I found those two cars to be perfect! (I'm a frustrated car designer) but for some reason, I could not stop drawing them, now, if you would have told me back then that one day I would own a Lotus I probably would have told you no way, I knew the name, I didn't know anything about a Lotus, I was a Chevy guy and continued to be for 22 years after that. But to show you my loyalty to the lotus brand, in 2005 I was able to purchase an Elise, every summer after that when I was off work i would spent it taking my Elise apart, customizing and putting it back together.
Unfortunately, I Lost the car several years later and now I own an Evora GT for about 12 weeks, but is been in service 6 1/2 of those 12 weeks and counting, first the AC now , the infamous water leak, not on one but rather both doors that service still dealing with, a new Porsche owner would have burned the car and come out on national TV to complain about Lotus! mind you, this is a $100K car.
As a fanboy, I also gave the down for an Emira which I'm planning to keep as well so no matter what this car throws at me, it won't deter me from loving every minute, just like I did with the Elise.
Having said that, I believe, we cannot fool ourselves and hide the many small faults with our cars, or Lotus will never build another great car as the Emira!!
Sorry for the long rant!
Interesting 👍🏼

I'm totally the opposite btw, currently in a gt4, my 15th Porsche and not had a lotus since my s1 elise 22yrs ago!
My gt4 replaced my Ferrari California, which I loved and in many ways was a way better drive than I expected, it just never stopped going wrong 🤣 and nit great at dealing with that.

I'm kinda hoping the emira will have a balance of character and reliability 😬

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting 👍🏼

I'm totally the opposite btw, currently in a gt4, my 15th Porsche and not had a lotus since my s1 elise 22yrs ago!
My gt4 replaced my Ferrari California, which I loved and in many ways was a way better drive than I expected, it just never stopped going wrong 🤣 and nit great at dealing with that.

I'm kinda hoping the emira will have a balance of character and reliability 😬
You have experience with Lotus and Porsche so I think you'll do well with the Emira since is a more mainstream car, originally I wanted the sell the GT and keep the Emira but they are much different beasts, I like the rawness the GT brings that I don't see on the Emira...

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You get treated with respect by your Porsche dealer? I can't seem to get the one here (Arlington, VA) to be anything other than dismissive and rude. I would have bought a nicely equipped Macan S from them a few years ago but they were so consistently weird and standoffish, I went elsewhere and bought a BMW instead. I haven't had good experiences at Porsche dealers, and I'm a professionally dressed guy in his 40s with perfect credit and enough scratch to afford what they're selling. If they're like that toward me, I can't imagine how they treat people that don't fit the demographic.

F that.. I am comfortable in T-shirt and jeans so that's what I wear when shopping for cars. Ok fine maybe a polo shirt if it's laundry day. That's one way to weed out the azzhats, many of whom know very little about the cars they are selling and less about the competition! Plus I have zero problem walking away. There are plenty of car dealers here in So. Calif.