To me the Emira looks so much better than both the GT3 and GT4.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm now glad that the many Porsche dealers snubbed me off when I called requesting an allocation for both the GT3 and GT4 before I was even aware of the new Lotus Emira.
They said "sorry sir you don't qualify for a GT car."
It was a blessing in disguise.
I think the Emira is so much better looking, more exotic looking than either Porsche.
Also, I've read that the ride quality of both the GT4 and GT3 is very firm almost harsh for a daily driver, and read that the touring suspension on the Emira will be smooth and compliant, not at all harsh.
When I've asked people which car they prefer, every single person chose the Emira over both the Porsches.
Most said "I like the Ferrari" better. LOL 😆
Appearance wise there is no comparison.
Screenshot_20220419-132353_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-132702_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-003903_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-004853_YouTube.jpg

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I do not disagree but if I could get a gt3 allocation I would take it(at MSRP). I have never liked the GT4 so I would give it a hard pass. The good news is I signed up for a raffle that draws tomorrow for a shark blue GT3. I will probably win that and have the Emira to boot. I will post pics of the GT3 after I win it tomorrow;)

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I do not disagree but if I could get a gt3 allocation I would take it(at MSRP). I have never liked the GT4 so I would give it a hard pass. The good news is I signed up for a raffle that draws tomorrow for a shark blue GT3. I will probably win that and have the Emira to boot. I will post pics of the GT3 after I win it tomorrow;)
Good luck!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm now glad that the many Porsche dealers snubbed me off when I called requesting an allocation for both the GT3 and GT4 before I was even aware of the new Lotus Emira.
That kind of thing is what provokes my silent "eff you" response. At least Lotus will still sell you a car while treating you like navel lint. *rimshot*

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You need to have purchased many Porsche’s before even being considered for al allocation for a GT car, but what a car….

You can’t compare these to an Emira, but doesn’t make the Lotus a bad car

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
GT3 is to the Emira what the Emira is to a Miata. Just an entirely different level and probably the best sports car money can buy right now. Emira has the looks and cost, GT3 has everything else... If I could get one I'd keep it for life.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In Canada the GT3 would be over double the cost of the Emira, not worth it in my opinion. Plus the Emira looks far more exotic, supercar looks on a beer budget.
Another thing that may not be important to you gentleman, but it's very important to me is ride quality.
The Porsches are just too firm for my liking.
GT4 & GT3 are made for the track.
I don't track my car's very often so no big deal.

itsagoose

Reaction score
It was a blessing in disguise.
I think the Emira is so much better looking, more exotic looking than either Porsche.
Also, I've read that the ride quality of both the GT4 and GT3 is very firm almost harsh for a daily driver, and read that the touring suspension on the Emira will be smooth and compliant, not at all harsh.
When I've asked people which car they prefer, every single person chose the Emira over both the Porsches.
Most said "I like the Ferrari" better. LOL 😆
Appearance wise there is no comparison.
View attachment 4625
View attachment 4626
View attachment 4627
View attachment 4628

Cars aren’t just about looks and what others think of them.

Also if you’d ever driven a GT3 I don’t think you would have the same opinion…Unless you only care about appearances. As someone stated earlier, the GT3 is on a different level.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’d take the shark blue gt3 in a heartbeat over the Emira. Let’s not get crazy

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Cars aren’t just about looks and what others think of them.

Also if you’d ever driven a GT3 I don’t think you would have the same opinion…Unless you only care about appearances. As someone stated earlier, the GT3 is on a different level.
The original intent is what looks better. In the spirit of the intent of the original question it’s not even close. People would run past the invisible Porsches to get a closer look at the Lotus. For most non-Porsche-philes most Porsches look alike and are as common as the Vette.

Start another thread on which is the better performance car.

Schumacher

Reaction score
These last GT3s are going to be collectors cars. This is the last of the non-hybrid. There won't ever be a better car. I am tempted to get on the two year wait list. I don't really want to own it though. I don't feel it is a daily. It is too much car for the streets. It looks killer though. I saw one parked at my condo the other day.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Considering that only 700 FE's are going to make it to North America, whoever has one is going to be a rock star for quite awhile before any other Emira's start to show up. You might as well be driving an Evija. Most of the public won't know the difference.

As great as Porsches are, they're just too common. Same for BMW, Mercedes and Audi. They're everywhere. It's going to be years before Emiras become even remotely common, and only then in high density areas like L.A., Miami, etc.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a great relationship with my Porsche dealer and if some miracle happens and they open up a GT3T allocation I expect a call, primarily because I’ll consign my Spyder with them, that’s our deal. No, I’m not a high roller like many of their clients but they still treat me with respect. It’s moot I suppose since they have names on their next 2 years of GT allocation (projected) and have stopped taking deposits so the only options are someone cancels or they get additional allocations. And this is a dealer that gets more GT allocation than most based on their long history with Porsche Motorsports.

Anyone who follows sports car racing will recognize the livery.

74F6B06F-5E40-4BF7-8559-A8943193DCF9.jpeg

But back to the point, comparing a GT3 to an Emira is silly. In the best of all possible worlds I’d have both but since I don’t have a spare $300K lying around I’ll need to be happy with an Emira and hope I can figure out a way to keep my 718 Spyder.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a great relationship with my Porsche dealer and if some miracle happens and they open up a GT3T allocation I expect a call, primarily because I’ll consign my Spyder with them, that’s our deal. No, I’m not a high roller like many of their clients but they still treat me with respect. It’s moot I suppose since they have names on their next 2 years of GT allocation (projected) and have stopped taking deposits so the only options are someone cancels or they get additional allocations. And this is a dealer that gets more GT allocation than most based on their long history with Porsche Motorsports.

View attachment 4639

But back to the point, comparing a GT3 to an Emira is silly. In the best of all possible worlds I’d have both but since I don’t have a spare $300K lying around I’ll need to be happy with an Emira and hope I can figure out a way to keep my 718 Spyder.
Brumos? I lived in Jax until last fall and a guy I know from my track days just took delivery of a GT3 through them, he told me they only had 2 GT4RS allocations this year. I didn't even bother giving them a call since I knew it was a pipedream (I have zero history with Porsche since I'm only 31) and knew the markup would be unaffordable even if by some miracle I could get an allocation.

The Emira is a solid backup option for us mere mortals. Or at least I hope it will be :cool:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Bummer I did not win the GT3 raffle today🤦‍♂️ I just had a feeling this was the one. The picture of the winner was a elderly woman in Massachusetts. Silver lining $450,000 donated to Dempsey cancer center. Back to focusing on the Emira delivery!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 4639

B59 Edition?