To me the Emira looks so much better than both the GT3 and GT4.

4thedrivers

Reaction score
Bummer I did not win the GT3 raffle today🤦‍♂️ I just had a feeling this was the one. The picture of the winner was a elderly woman in Massachusetts. Silver lining $450,000 donated to Dempsey cancer center. Back to focusing on the Emira delivery!
Yeah, I was in the same raffle. Maybe you can make an offer to buy the GT3 from "Mrs. Doubtfire"?

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I do not disagree but if I could get a gt3 allocation I would take it(at MSRP). I have never liked the GT4 so I would give it a hard pass. The good news is I signed up for a raffle that draws tomorrow for a shark blue GT3. I will probably win that and have the Emira to boot. I will post pics of the GT3 after I win it tomorrow;)
I signed up for the raffle too! Obviously did not win. Went to a lady in Massachusetts.

Blue97

Reaction score
Let’s hope the Emira will be a great car but let’s all be honest , it really is not in the same league as a GT3.
I was lucky enough to be given an allocation for a Gen2 991 - it really is amazing and rides so well on Dunlops. Sold the Gt4 as it did not excite me - you had to ring the neck of the engine to induce any emotion - so long geared. Hoping the Emira will be more of an exciting and involving drive.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@maverick - You can get a GT car without buying a GT car or even a Porsche before if you call enough Porsche dealerships. It's exactly what I did so I know.

I see a lot of complaints about dealing with Porsche dealerships on here, but honestly my experience has not been bad. My experience with Lotus so far has been much worse so I guess it is just luck of the draw 🤷‍♂️

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Let’s hope the Emira will be a great car but let’s all be honest , it really is not in the same league as a GT3.
I was lucky enough to be given an allocation for a Gen2 991 - it really is amazing and rides so well on Dunlops. Sold the Gt4 as it did not excite me - you had to ring the neck of the engine to induce any emotion - so long geared. Hoping the Emira will be more of an exciting and involving drive.
The Emira is also not in the same league as the GT4 if we are being honest. Its also not priced in the same league (FE model is less than base price GT4), so we do not need to make that comparison either.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, the gearing of the Cayman is what kept me away from it.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
GT4RS has shorter gear ratios. Maybe (just maybe) they'll bring it down to their lower end models.

Wowwitsgau

Reaction score
@maverick - You can get a GT car without buying a GT car or even a Porsche before if you call enough Porsche dealerships. It's exactly what I did so I know.

I see a lot of complaints about dealing with Porsche dealerships on here, but honestly my experience has not been bad. My experience with Lotus so far has been much worse so I guess it is just luck of the draw 🤷‍♂️
I’ll bite - Which Porsche dealership, might I ask?

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll bite - Which Porsche dealership, might I ask?
I spent a half day calling over 30 dealerships in the Midwest to see which non adm ones I could find and would sell to me. I found 4 or so. I have since found more. I’ll give you two for free. The Porsche exchange in Chicago, and Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta. There’s more in Ohio, North Carolina, Tennessee and other states.

As a fun “bad” fact: Porsche St Louis was the worst. They wanted $100k ADM for a GT4. Not a GT4RS but a GT4.

Last edited:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I spent a half day calling over 30 dealerships in the Midwest to see which non adm ones I could find and would sell to me. I found 4 or so. I have since found more. I’ll give you two for free. The Porsche exchange in Chicago, and Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta. There’s more in Ohio, North Carolina, Tennessee and other states.

As a fun “bad” fact: Porsche St Louis was the worst. They wanted $100k ADM for a GT4. Not a GT4RS but a GT4.

Calling next week. Lol

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Calling next week. Lol
At this point you have a better chance seeing Buddha blow Jesus. You’ll still get on the list, but you’ll be waiting until probably the last one off the production line that Porsche produces. Still, better the roll the dice because you never know.

Another thing is that waitlists are usually worse case scenario. People (myself included), are on multiple lists, so once my number is called, I’m no longer going to need the allocation at the other dealers but I probably won’t inform them until they call me. So in reality, your wait is probably a bit shorter than you think (assuming the world doesn’t get even crazier and production remains somewhat normal). Best of luck friend.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
At this point you have a better chance seeing Buddha blow Jesus. You’ll still get on the list, but you’ll be waiting until probably the last one off the production line that Porsche produces. Still, better the roll the dice because you never know.

Another thing is that waitlists are usually worse case scenario. People (myself included), are on multiple lists, so once my number is called, I’m no longer going to need the allocation at the other dealers but I probably won’t inform them until they call me. So in reality, your wait is probably a bit shorter than you think (assuming the world doesn’t get even crazier and production remains somewhat normal). Best of luck friend.

With everything going on and everything I have learned on the forum I am starting to think ahead. Without an actual Emira order I need to have other options. I have a decent chance of maybe getting a GT4 if it's at least three years out. So that means place deposit now. 2025/2026 would be perfect. I am also on the waiting list for a GR Corolla. So Emira, GT4, GR which one will I get!

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With everything going on and everything I have learned on the forum I am starting to think ahead. Without an actual Emira order I need to have other options. I have a decent chance of maybe getting a GT4 if it's at least three years out. So that means place deposit now. 2025/2026 would be perfect. I am also on the waiting list for a GR Corolla. So Emira, GT4, GR which one will I get!
Good thinking. I was thinking mid next year for you if you place now. Maybe sooner than that to be honest.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a great relationship with my Porsche dealer and if some miracle happens and they open up a GT3T allocation I expect a call, primarily because I’ll consign my Spyder with them, that’s our deal. No, I’m not a high roller like many of their clients but they still treat me with respect.
You get treated with respect by your Porsche dealer? I can't seem to get the one here (Arlington, VA) to be anything other than dismissive and rude. I would have bought a nicely equipped Macan S from them a few years ago but they were so consistently weird and standoffish, I went elsewhere and bought a BMW instead. I haven't had good experiences at Porsche dealers, and I'm a professionally dressed guy in his 40s with perfect credit and enough scratch to afford what they're selling. If they're like that toward me, I can't imagine how they treat people that don't fit the demographic.

JAhmed

Reaction score
I agree with the OP when he says the Emira LOOKS better than the GT3. IMO, it is much more exotic looking. However, when it comes to performance, the Emira won't stand a chance. Doesn't mean I am not excited about the car, but having owned a GT3, GT3RS and as a current owner of a re-geared 4.5L 718 Spyder, I don't expect the Emira to compete with any of those cars. It seems that it was designed to compete directly with the GTS 4.0, and I am quite sure it will be great at that.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
idk guy the easter egg hunt was easy this weekend .even had 1 bad egg

Attachments

• easter egg.jpg
    easter egg.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 76
  • saleen.jpg
    saleen.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 75

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree with the OP when he says the Emira LOOKS better than the GT3. IMO, it is much more exotic looking. However, when it comes to performance, the Emira won't stand a chance. Doesn't mean I am not excited about the car, but having owned a GT3, GT3RS and as a current owner of a re-geared 4.5L 718 Spyder, I don't expect the Emira to compete with any of those cars. It seems that it was designed to compete directly with the GTS 4.0, and I am quite sure it will be great at that.
Yeah, the Emira is very cool looking (which is a subjective feature so to each their own, but I love the Emira looks). In any case, you are spot on with the Emira being designed to compete more with the GTS. They are priced in the same bracket, so I believe that is the competition. Both of them are great cars, and owners will be happy with either. Very excited to 1) hear the Emira and 2) see how it gets down. Enjoy the re-geared buddy.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With the exception of the Taycan Sport Turismo, pretty much all Porsches are like fat toads.

Plus in my country Porsche prices are obscene. A well spec'ed GT2RS is right around US$1 million.