To me the Emira looks so much better than both the GT3 and GT4.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 9757

Similar power, torque, weight, supposedly aero designed in.

Advantages also in specially formulated and picked tires, an uncompromising selection of suspension (double wishbones with long control arms), and a rigid chassis.

Doesn’t seem to be helping though.
I agree with you 100% everything sounds so good on paper.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not saying the Emira won’t make a nice sound & turn a few heads, it absolutely will, imagine it will drive OK too, but it’s priced to compete with mainstream brands, not performance marques & class winners such as a GT3.

"will drive OK"... LOL. Lotus cars are universally known for being incredible drivers cars. I've never heard anyone say "Gee, I wish my Lotus handled like a 911." And Lotus is clearly a performance marque. Seven F1 championships, a world rally championship, a Indy 500 win, and many others would also make it a class winner.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Have you ever been on a highway doing 80 miles per hours and you see this GT3 cruise by like you are moving in slow motion? I have........it's site to behold!
I'm sure GT3 people are flocking over to get an Emira...all my friends got Porsche and I get it all the time 'who makes Lotus, Is that even a real car?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I’m cheap as F. I know when it’s $80k time I’ll choke and buy a 50k 718. It’s pathetic really

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My old girl is an absolute smoke show yo
I can say the same for my young gal, when we met she was 20, I was 35, with 2 kids plus $600 in the bank, so it wasn't the money, just reached the 25 year mile marker, not too shabby! Lotus cars are like a good wife, you learn to love and commit until death do us part! :)

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From a performance aspect, on paper it should be similar. In reality it doesn’t seem to be.
Performance is not GT4 level….. the Emira stats are pretty naff, it will rely on handling & set-up…

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
"will drive OK"... LOL. Lotus cars are universally known for being incredible drivers cars. I've never heard anyone say "Gee, I wish my Lotus handled like a 911." And Lotus is clearly a performance marque. Seven F1 championships, a world rally championship, a Indy 500 win, and many others would also make it a class winner.
Oh please! People don’t say that because a 911 is a league above…..
Clearly I don’t think Emira is a terrible car, or I wouldn’t have ordered it, but please don’t tell me it’s 911 level, even a base 911 is a much better car.
Also, if it’s a p!ssing competition on motorsport heritage… again, Porsche is the winner for me, particularly in the modern era.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My mate sold his GT3 (amazing machine) because he said it would kill him on the road. Bought a new Alpine 110 when they came out. Hes had all sorts of exotica. In the middle of all this he got one of those 1 of 50 Megane cups with carbon wheels but that didn't stay long...
Sold the Alpine for viper green Cayman 4.0 GTS (which he really likes but is now selling) and has ordered an Alpine 110R
He used and kept his Alpine I think longer than anything else. It was the cheapest and lowest powered modern sports vehicle hes had for some time.
I do think some folk lust after something which in reality is completely hopeless to live with but it seems as long as its the best top trump card in the pack then that's all good.....

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My mate sold his GT3 (amazing machine) because he said it would kill him on the road. Bought a new Alpine 110 when they came out. Hes had all sorts of exotica. In the middle of all this he got one of those 1 of 50 Megane cups with carbon wheels but that didn't stay long...
Sold the Alpine for viper green Cayman 4.0 GTS (which he really likes but is now selling) and has ordered an Alpine 110R
He used and kept his Alpine I think longer than anything else. It was the cheapest and lowest powered modern sports vehicle hes had for some time.
I do think some folk lust after something which in reality is completely hopeless to live with but it seems as long as its the best top trump card in the pack then that's all good.....
I think your friend doen't know what he wants out of life, There's no better death than on a GT3, tell him I want to die in his honor!! :)

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think if you try to compare this against this, you should be arrested!!

Lotus-Emira-GT4_4.jpeg

2023-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-00008-2.jpeg

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Performance is not GT4 level….. the Emira stats are pretty naff, it will rely on handling & set-up…
Oh, I fully agree there it isn't on the GT4 level -- but I don't think the Emira is going to handle any better either.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 9757

Similar power, torque, weight, supposedly aero designed in.

Advantages also in specially formulated and picked tires, an uncompromising selection of suspension (double wishbones with long control arms), and a rigid chassis.

Doesn’t seem to be helping though.

Edit: I forgot to mention that special Lotus suspension setup magic sauce that lotus fanboys are always raving about.
Look, look, look, hot off the press, real paper!!

Watch The 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Lap The Nurburgring In 6:49.328 (msn.com)

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
To be fair the title is subjective and to some the Emira does look better than the GT3/4. It is however quickly revealed that the OP’s motive isn’t about looks but rather feeling burnt at being turned down for both GT3/4 allocations.

Anyone cross-shopping a 992 GT3 against an Emira needs a new hobby.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve bought many Porsches and lotus’s / others…

Haven’t had an Aston although do like the new vantage. Porsche can be a little samey but the Porsche model works. Hardly fair mind which p!she’s me off and as a Porsche Club GB member vocal about it.

I’ve owned 997 GT3, Cayman R, Cayman GT4 amongst others. I’ve daily driven them all at one stage or another but in particular the Cayman R and GT4. Great cars and well put together.

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Have you ever been on a highway doing 80 miles per hours and you see this GT3 cruise by like you are moving in slow motion? I have........it's site to behold!
I'm sure GT3 people are flocking over to get an Emira...all my friends got Porsche and I get it all the time 'who makes Lotus, Is that even a real car?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, we know the Porsche is a real car, every parking lot has a dozen or more, and they all look alike.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm now glad that the many Porsche dealers snubbed me off when I called requesting an allocation for both the GT3 and GT4 before I was even aware of the new Lotus Emira.
They said "sorry sir you don't qualify for a GT car."
It was a blessing in disguise.
I think the Emira is so much better looking, more exotic looking than either Porsche.
Also, I've read that the ride quality of both the GT4 and GT3 is very firm almost harsh for a daily driver, and read that the touring suspension on the Emira will be smooth and compliant, not at all harsh.
When I've asked people which car they prefer, every single person chose the Emira over both the Porsches.
Most said "I like the Ferrari" better. LOL 😆
Appearance wise there is no comparison.
View attachment 4625
View attachment 4626
View attachment 4627
View attachment 4628
Porsche may have the upper hand on performance but when you consider price, looks and snobby attitude Emira is the better car!

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, we know the Porsche is a real car, every parking lot has a dozen or more, and they all look alike.
Are you saying Emiras don’t look alike? 😳🤣
The Emira is like Jeniffer Lopez, beautiful at first but then you start finding the surgery scars, Porsche on the other hand is like Sophia Lorenz, all natural beauty…😝