• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The great black roof dilemma...

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What extra labour? Lotus don’t use one piece welded body shells like Porsche that need masking off, separate painting stages and hand finishing.

The roof and side A pillars are separate painted panels that are screwed on after painting. No extra labour that I can see.
In that case I stand corrected! (y)

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am still on the fence with color, but decided if I go with nimbus, it's getting black pack.
One of the things that had me leaning the same way was the thought of creating a "poor mans T.50"

Nimbus
Black pack
Diamond cut wheels
Red & Black Interior

Of course the Emira is better looking and you could have 40 - YES 40!!!! i4s for the price of a T.50.

1646490769243.png
T50 emira 02a.png

Last edited:

daveparky84

Reaction score
Yep, I can see that too and think it probably varies with viewing angle. Having gone with Dark Verdant myself the black pack was not going to work bit I do love the unified aircraft canopy look it gives to the roof and glazing.

I have been close a few times to switching to Nimbus - it keeps calling out to me! If I did I'd be really torn on BP or no BP.

Could always wrap the roof & mirrors after delivery.. likely cheaper and you can then see both options :)