• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Test Drive - Parks of Hamilton

Bobster67

Reaction score
Hello all, I am interested to know if anyone has had a test drive through Parks of Hamilton?

Thanks

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had my test drive cancelled this week due to the car being broken down and not returned to them as yet….. unknown fault at present I was told.

Quantox

Reaction score
I had my test drive cancelled this week due to the car being broken down and not returned to them as yet….. unknown fault at present I was told.
That‘s concerning. I’m booked in for a test drive there on the 26th Jan. I‘d better check before travelling.
Cheers.

OP
B

Bobster67

Reaction score
I’ve had mine cancelled twice now. Both were a couple of weeks apart and in both cases due to the AC not working which according to the dealer means that the windscreen would not clear making it impossible to test drive the car. The dealer has explained that they are working with Lotus to have the fault repaired and a second car provided. When speaking to Lotus CC today they seemed unaware of the problem and were continuing to book test drives at this dealer.

Quantox

Reaction score
All test drives at Parks Hamilton next week are cancelled as the car is still off the road “after several weeks“ with a heater/ac issue where the unit constantly runs and flattens the battery, parts awaited from Lotus!
There‘s also a “terrible“ noise, their words, that they‘re unable to diagnose. Even longer to wait now for my test drive which was meant to be on Thursday.
Q

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Optimist in me - ah well, early production car, bound to have a few teething issues…. It’s 2023 after all.

The realist in me - quality for new production should have been fixed during prototype and VP cars. Why is this happening? Probably not the majority, just small numbers affected:

Pessimist in me - Right! I’m totally scared of production quality at Lotus, not meeting expectations promised…. I’m drafting a refund email….

That way, I can’t be accused of being biased! 😂

Obsidian

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello all, I am interested to know if anyone has had a test drive through Parks of Hamilton?

Thanks
I had a test drive at Hamilton Lotus in late November. The car had only just done 400 miles but despite not being able to take it over 4500rpm it was fabulous to drive. I am waiting on an I4 but the manual gearshift on the demonstrator nearly made me change my order to the V6 ! Sorry to hear the car is off the road. It would have been nice to have driven it after it had been run in as it didn't feel that quick but that's more than likely due to not being able to rev it beyond 4500.