Eletre test drive

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Lotus has started Eletre test drives for deposit holders, with UK deliveries starting in the next few weeks.

The Emira and I popped along to Bell & Colvill this morning. They have 4 cars this week and the test drive was the best part of an hour.

Not a sports car, but by far the best electric car I've driven.

Hopefully a massive cash generator to finance some fabulous future sports cars.
Eletre.jpg

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'll blame your picture, but not a pretty sight. The front is horrible in my opinion. Nearly Bmw grille horrible.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Unlike the Emira, which is impossible to find an 'ugly' angle, the Eletre does look a little strange in some pictures from some angles... however, having seen a few in the flesh at Goodwood earlier this year, personally I think it is a gorgeous car in the flesh

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus has started Eletre test drives for deposit holders, with UK deliveries starting in the next few weeks.

The Emira and I popped along to Bell & Colvill this morning. They have 4 cars this week and the test drive was the best part of an hour.

Not a sports car, but by far the best electric car I've driven.

Hopefully a massive cash generator to finance some fabulous future sports cars.
View attachment 31573
Which version did you drive and what did you think about it? I tried an R today and was impressed. Obviously expensive and a very different vehicle from an Emira but can’t think of much else that competes at this price. It was quiet, refined, tons of space, cornered with no body roll & seriously quick and with

OP
B

Blacksheep

Reaction score
It was an S. The performance was spot on for a quick daily.

Having owned a Tesla for three years the Lotus felt miles ahead. Looks like they have cars available for immediate delivery too.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'll just add I agree it may be the best EV I've driven and I've driven *a lot* of EVs. It's clearly not a looker like Emira but I don't think it's ugly either, and the view from behind the wheel is excellent.

My one wish is One Pedal Drive. Lotus and Porsche have both claimed their buyers don't want one pedal drive, so they've excluded it. I don't think those buyers have any idea what they want, and are just scared of the new thing. Once you have it, you don't want to get rid of it. Much better way to drive around town.

At the very least, Lotus (and Porsche) should offer the option. Allow a driver to toggle it off, like Tesla does. I hope it comes with a future software update, the vehicle clearly has the ability to apply mixed braking (it will use it for autonomy).

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I kinda like it tho i think the emeya looks far better

and of course the Emira is on top

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I kinda like it tho i think the emeya looks far better

and of course the Emira is on top
No doubt Emeya looks better but if you need to fit 3 kids & a load of luggage it’s not big enough. Even Eletre has smaller space for luggage than a Volvo XC90 (but more for rear passengers) - so that’s the match up. Given that 900hp & good handling beats the Volvo hands down, although at quite a price. Also you need to factor in 15-16 hour home charge on a normal 7kWh type charger (here virtually nobody has 3 phase electricity supply at home), so the very fast theoretical charging capability is just that given the rubbish UK charging infrastructure. Overall just about manageable.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No doubt Emeya looks better but if you need to fit 3 kids & a load of luggage it’s not big enough. Even Eletre has smaller space for luggage than a Volvo XC90 (but more for rear passengers) - so that’s the match up. Given that 900hp & good handling beats the Volvo hands down, although at quite a price. Also you need to factor in 15-16 hour home charge on a normal 7kWh type charger (here virtually nobody has 3 phase electricity supply at home), so the very fast theoretical charging capability is just that given the rubbish UK charging infrastructure. Overall just about manageable.
Hi,

Picked up my Eletre R Friday 27/10/23, after having Tesla for 7 years, and also a extremely pleased and proud owner of one of the few Shadow V6 from April 23, what a car the Eletre is!!!

If people are interested I will try and review over the next few weeks.

Roland

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Eletre R demo is at Gator right now. I'm not able to drive at the moment, but my wife drove me over to see it and get a ride along with Tony.

I think the photos of it are ok, but in person it looks pretty cool. It really stands out and is lower and sleeker than I thought it would be. Inside is first class fit and finish. Very comfortable and so many bells and whistles and adjustments that I finally gave up trying to soak it all in! And that was just with the pre-production beta software!

Ride was firm but not jarring - typical Lotus suspension. And no noise from the motors. Just a little tire and wind noise. Very quiet. Acceleration was, well, unbelievable in the R. No drama, just whiplash fast.

I was thoroughly impressed, where I was just sort of interested before yesterday. Not on the fence anymore - I put down a deposit!

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just test drove an Eletre R. Wow that thing is fast. Interior is 10/10. I got a lot of thumbs up while driving. A lot of carbon. Huge 23” wheels. Apparently will shake out around $180k for the car I just took out. If I had the money I’d buy one, for now I’ll try and pick up a base for my wife in the future after launch and let someone else pay for the first year or so depreciation.

IMG_5537.jpeg

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just test drove an Eletre R. Wow that thing is fast. Interior is 10/10. I got a lot of thumbs up while driving. A lot of carbon. Huge 23” wheels. Apparently will shake out around $180k for the car I just took out. If I had the money I’d buy one, for now I’ll try and pick up a base for my wife in the future after launch and let someone else pay for the first year or so depreciation.

View attachment 33718
Cool Maserati Merak in the background! Don't think I've ever seen one of those before...

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a short drive in the Eletre S. Great handling (for an SUV) with barely any roll, along with great ride comfort. The S was brisk, not fast, but plenty fast enough. In the S it feels like they roll the power on. Lovely interior.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering how they can sell the Eletre in the US with a 25 percent import tariff.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am wondering how they can sell the Eletre in the US with a 25 percent import tariff.
I think you’ve asked the BIG question. They are going to have to figure out the US pricing to make it an acceptable purchase. I’ve got a deposit down, but it is extremely contingent on the MSRP. It’s a very nice vehicle but if a base model comes in north of $100k it’s going to flop.