First Editions Options vs Base Spec - What options do you consider essential?

Which options would you pick for you Base Emira?

• Total voters

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Since we have a few F/E owners and have seen/read a good amount about the Emira - looking for feedback on what people consider essential options / what they are willing to pay to upgrade? A little difficult without seeing exactly what is going on the base spec. For example all North American cars are required back up camera, so US cars may come with connivence pack included.

First Edition colors have/need to be available on the base edition cars. I've been told that is the case but really disappointed if not.

First Edition colors have/need to be available on the base edition cars. I've been told that is the case but really disappointed if not.
They will be available, just most likely not a free option... Maybe white, yellow and black are base colours that a free... all others most likely a cost option.

I heard seneca won’t be available for Base. Does anyone heard so?

BTW, I am considering to buy Base in White with almost all FE options, but KEF.

Looking at these early voters I'd say by the time the inevitable price hike kicks in over half of base buyers will be paying very close to FE prices for less spec which makes it pretty good value, has to be some pay off for being messed about for the last two years 😄

Looking at these early voters I'd say by the time the inevitable price hike kicks in over half of base buyers will be paying very close to FE prices for less spec which makes it pretty good value, has to be some pay off for being messed about for the last two years 😄
Add the opportunity cost of FE owners not being able to drive as much as they wanted due to the various issues. Now the Base will look cheap 😉

They will be available, just most likely not a free option... Maybe white, yellow and black are base colours that a free... all others most likely a cost option.
Based on prior Lotus pricing, I’d expect the solid colours to be free: Hethel Yellow, Vivid Red, Zinc Grey.

All the other base/first colours are metallic or pearlescent so I expect will be cost options. The Aspen White is a pearlescent and Cosmos Black is a metallic.

I heard seneca won’t be available for Base. Does anyone heard so?

I haven't heard this, but I wouldn't be upset if it were true! It'd be nice to have something special as a FE Seneca order holder besides the little badges and apparent package deal savings.

Reactions: ino
Did I read somewhere that the Base doesn't have an LSD as standard ? I'd defo want an LSD in a base car if it was not part of the Driver's Pack

My essential options are:
  1. Design pack (forged wheels, privacy, colored calipers)
  2. Drivers pack (sport suspension, track mode, cup 2s)
  3. Lower black pack
  4. 2 piece rotors
  5. Tan nappa heated leather
  6. Steering wheel with red stripe
If I can get those options for the price of an FE, I'll be extremely pleased. I want the alacantara headliner as well.

Spec depends on what your requirements are.

If you’re only keeping the car 1-2 years and thinking about resale then you’d probably do something not far short of FE. You might omit Drivers Pack and Sports/Cup2 if it’s a daily driver and go with the base wheels. So a touring/GT spec.

For me, I want a foundation for some dynamics-enhancing mods. So just the base seats, which will probably get replaced with some Tillets or Sparco/Recaro from an Evora. I’d want Drivers Pack for the Track mode. Forged wheels and two-piece brakes.

I’d already selected a solid colour because I want Hethel Yellow. Black (no cost) callipers already picked. Maybe reversing camera and parking sensors.

Probably no surprise to anyone, I’d have Touring suspension.

Money saved versus an FE can go towards the exhaust upgrade and a Komotec 450 tune. So end up with a home-made GT450.

If you’re only keeping the car 1-2 years and thinking about resale then you’d probably do something not far short of FE. You might omit Drivers Pack and Sports/Cup2 if it’s a daily driver and go with the base wheels. So a touring/GT spec.

For me, I want a foundation for some dynamics-enhancing mods. So just the base seats, which will probably get replaced with some Tillets or Sparco/Recaro from an Evora. I’d want Drivers Pack for the Track mode. Forged wheels and two-piece brakes.

I’d already selected a solid colour because I want Hethel Yellow. Black (no cost) callipers already picked. Maybe reversing camera and parking sensors.

Money saved versus an FE can go towards the exhaust upgrade and a Komotec 450 tune. So end up with a home-made GT450.
You think it will be cheaper than a potential Emira S/GT? Any sense of pricing for those more hardcore versions?

Ditto 🏆

You think it will be cheaper than a potential Emira S/GT? Any sense of pricing for those more hardcore versions?
We know very little at the moment. I suspect a full hardcore GT version will be above £100k and will have carbon seats plus carbon roof and other panels, Ohlins adjustable suspension, titanium sports exhaust, lithium battery etc. I expect that would be a limited edition run.

They might do a less hardcore S without all the carbon but an engine upgrade and exhaust. Maybe £95k for that. But all guesswork on my part.

Thanks. What's the FE or Base pricing in the UK? Trying to compare with US

450 BHP upgrade?? Have you heard something we haven't....(always assumed 430 was max on that engine) The Emira at 450 BHP would be a pretty special.