Stock Emira Wheels and Tires

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Oh, for sure! I was just comparing the 2 OEM options. I was curious to see pricing and weight. I opted for the F1s, but I'll likely throw on PS4S (or maybe even Firehawk Indy500s if they're offered in our size) if they wear quickly or just aren't any good.
Do you have experience with PS4S? This is what I was leaning toward, but some people are saying you cant even drive over pebbles with them without them getting ruined. Hoping that is an exaggeration, because some of my family members are out in the middle of nowhere.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you have experience with PS4S? This is what I was leaning toward, but some people are saying you cant even drive over pebbles with them without them getting ruined. Hoping that is an exaggeration, because some of my family members are out in the middle of nowhere.
Do what? PS4S are fantastic tires, I've used them in all kinds of situations over all kinds of surfaces, even gravel. They are an immensely capable tire suitable for a very wide range of conditions, and are not fragile or brittle *at all*. They shouldn't be used below about 40deg F, but otherwise are a wonderful 3-season ultra-capable sport tire.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do what? PS4S are fantastic tires, I've used them in all kinds of situations over all kinds of surfaces, even gravel. They are an immensely capable tire suitable for a very wide range of conditions, and are not fragile or brittle *at all*. They shouldn't be used below about 40deg F, but otherwise are a wonderful 3-season ultra-capable sport tire.
That is what I like to hear! Thanks for the input! I love Michelins, use them on almost all my vehicles and hoping this is no exception.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sharing some current pricing and details from TireRack:

View attachment 10822

For the lazy, the total costs (in the US) come to:
F1 SuperSports: $1,518.60
Cup2s: $2,242.38
Difference: $723.78

I´d try to find a cheaper opportunity... the following European offer is incl. VAT of 19 % - the net price (before sales tax) is 899.63 EUR for the set (with LTS marking).

1668626361449.png

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ditto: I confirm the above. I use them on the Aston DB9 and they are excellent

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've got my car booked in to get the Cup 2s changed for the Eagle F1 SuperSports tomorrow so will hopefully be able to do a wee comparison on the ride between the two. I haven't been able to drive properly with the Cup 2s due to weather and road conditions so can't give any performance comparison. Will also see if the tyre place will let me weigh the wheels while they are off as I can't remember if we have any actual weights measured yet, but not sure if I'll be able to if they're too busy.

Also has anyone noticed the tyres skipping when manoeuvring on full lock e.g. parking? Not sure if an Emira thing, a Cup 2 thing, or just a Cup 2 in cold and damp conditions thing.

Moderator edit: posts related to tyre skipping have been moved here:

Last edited by a moderator:

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Will also see if the tyre place will let me weigh the wheels while they are off as I can't remember if we have any actual weights measured yet, but not sure if I'll be able to if they're too busy.
Would be great to get that info! (y)

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tyres changed over but not had a chance to drive yet.

Got front and rear wheels weighed with tyres off. They are diamond cut but not sure if it would make any difference!

Front 11.5kg

I8kG6QS.jpeg

Rear 13.5kg

EM7QlkH.jpeg

Shout-out to Colin's Tyres for getting them changed and letting me get them weighed!

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Got front and rear wheels weighed with tyres off. They are diamond cut but not sure if it would make any difference!

Front 11.5kg

I8kG6QS.jpeg

Rear 13.5kg

EM7QlkH.jpeg

Shout-out to Colin's Tyres for getting them changed and letting me get them weighed!
Wow! 🥹

I understand now that there haven‘t been any figures around yet… 🤪

But another 14-16kg weight reduction if BBS would do a set of FI-R‘s for the Emira.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow! 🥹

I understand now that there haven‘t been any figures around yet… 🤪

But another 14-16kg weight reduction if BBS would do a set of FI-R‘s for the Emira.
Closer to 17.5kg if we’re talking about similar sizes.

They already make a 20x8.5 +52 in 5x114.3 which will fit the front perfectly, but that’s the only width they seem to make in that bolt hole pattern likely because it’s made for Japanese cars with narrower wheels square setup.

They do make some 20x10.5 +54 but in the wrong bolt pattern. Which would fit if they had the right bolt pattern. I’m also struggling to seeing BBS make a specific run of them just for Lotus Emira — there just won’t be that big a market of us wanting to drop $10,000 on lighter wheels.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Front 11.5kg

I8kG6QS.jpeg

Rear 13.5kg

EM7QlkH.jpeg

Thanks for weighing these!

As for the weights themselves, these are pretty disappointing for “ultra light weight v-spoke forged wheels”.

Even compared to the boat anchors (666m wheels) on my M4 — these are considerably heavier. The diamond cut would presumably be the lightest of the 3 20” wheels.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

They already make a 20x8.5 +52 in 5x114.3 which will fit the front perfectly, but that’s the only width they seem to make in that bolt hole pattern likely because it’s made for Japanese cars with narrower wheels square setup.

They do make some 20x10.5 +54 but in the wrong bolt pattern. Which would fit if they had the right bolt pattern. I’m also struggling to seeing BBS make a specific run of them just for Lotus Emira — there just won’t be that big a market of us wanting to drop $10,000 on lighter wheels.
Yes, that was a rather conservative approach... Didn't want to be too impolite. 😇

As a comparsion to the GT4 (981) wheels they are still a 1,6kg (Front) and 1,9kg (Rear) heavier. And in these weighings there is already the TPMS included as seen above on the pictures from Scoates:

Wheel GT4 Front incl. RDK 9,90kg
Wheel GT4 Rear incl. RDK 11,64kg

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I've done a bit more driving on the Goodyears and can say in damp and cold conditions (8ºC temps today) the grip offered by the Goodyears is far better than the Cup 2s, as expected. The confidence in the car and tyres has improved and I feel like I can properly drive now, rather than just being nervous and careful all the time! In summer I bet it would be a different story in warm and dry conditions where the Cup 2s will shine, but for general UK conditions I think Goodyears are likely the way to go.

In terms of ride you definitely can feel the Cup 2 is a stiffer tyre, lines in the road, cat's eyes etc are definitely felt more but you still get very good feel and communication with the Goodyears.

If you track the car and only drive in the dry and above say 8-10ºC then the Cup 2s will be great, but if you don't track often and might see rain then Goodyears are the best choice I'd say.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tire Rack says the recommended winter tires aren't even an option. "Michelin Pilot Alpin 235/35 ZR20 front and 285/30 ZR"

Has anyone sourced these?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Tire Rack says the recommended winter tires aren't even an option. "Michelin Pilot Alpin 235/35 ZR20 front and 285/30 ZR"

Has anyone sourced these?

Hm.. I run the Alpins (295/30/20 rear) on my Evora GT in the winter. Might be able to make those fit if it's just the 285s that are hard to find.

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

This is probably the only wheel I would consider spending the $10K on. It would look fantastic on the Emira.

09Cayman

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I haven't decided when the i4 will be delivered, but I placed a special order for forged wheels today.
I was also hesitant about the BBS type, but decided on a simple 5-spoke design.
The base color of the wheel is dark gunmetal, with a yellow line in the center of the spokes to match EMIRA's body color.
The weight of the wheels is 10.3kg at the front and 10.6kg at the rear, and the load capacity is said to be 850kg. Delivery will take approximately 1 month.
7e0c9a6dc0e635cea08245edd26fa3ae.jpeg
aaec9464078c0c23b2dbb06220046973.jpeg
45661561aee55d66d858595208e8688b.jpeg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't decided when the i4 will be delivered, but I placed a special order for forged wheels today.
I was also hesitant about the BBS type, but decided on a simple 5-spoke design.
The base color of the wheel is dark gunmetal, with a yellow line in the center of the spokes to match EMIRA's body color.
The weight of the wheels is 10.3kg at the front and 10.6kg at the rear, and the load capacity is said to be 850kg. Delivery will take approximately 1 month.View attachment 34523View attachment 34524View attachment 34525

Reminds me of the Ferrari 458 Italia 5 spokes. That's not a bad thing.

1000013822.jpg

1000013823.jpg