So based on the first cars not arriving until September, who will be driving their Emira all winter?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was initially going to SORN my car for winter, but if I'm taking delivery 'at some point' in September, I am thinking I should just leave it taxed and drive it when I can.

Met a nice man at Lotus in the Peak yesterday who purchased a lovely GT410 Evora in metallic green last year and he was saying how he had covered 18,000 happy miles using the car as a daily.

Just swapping out the tyres for winter rubber for the worst of the winter months. To that man, I salute you (are you on here..?) I think you have inspired me to do the same!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I was initially going to SORN my car for winter, but if I'm taking delivery 'at some point' in September, I am thinking I should just leave it taxed and drive it when I can.

Met a nice man at Lotus in the Peak yesterday who purchased a lovely GT410 Evora in metallic green last year and he was saying how he had covered 18,000 happy miles using the car as a daily.

Just swapping out the tyres for winter rubber for the worst of the winter months. To that man, I salute you (are you on here..?) I think you have inspired me to do the same!

Getting PPF on the roof just so I can strap a Christmas tree to it. 🎄🎅🏼

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

If I'm well enough to take delivery this winter I'll be out in it every day I can 🚗
(y)

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
for sure, that was the reason to get the all weather tyres :). Still in Spain the winter is not all that haha
Yes.... we don't want to hear about your 'terrible' Spanish winters. You can start your own thread with all your winter friends from California and Florida ;) :ROFLMAO:

So jealous :p

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes.... we don't want to hear about your 'terrible' Spanish winters. You can start your own thread with all your winter friends from California and Florida ;) :ROFLMAO:

So jealous :p
I was so bored looking at the forum this morning that i was going to start a new thread, and that thread was going to be throwing insults at each other and do you know the first person I was going to throw at?

I wouldnt be too jealous, my spanish version of the Emira was due for build some time in September and possibly delivery in October, but with shipping and registration that could easily be November, however, looking at the way things are going, I dont think I will be getting a Spanish car until January and that month and February even here are.... no, I wont make you feel better, those months are sunny and dry and the tarmac is like aa flat as a frying pan which some how is a magnet to rubber....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've driven my Evora all year round. Have to be a bit more careful if the temperature is below 5 degrees, as I don't switch to winter tyres, but then it's not a daily driver. Others have been fine running Evoras on winter tyres. I don't use mine if it's below freezing but that's only a handful of days per year.

The Exige I'm mainly using in the spring/summer and then put into storage and SORN it over the winter.

I used to drive my Elan in the snow. FWD made it pretty sure-footed. There's something magical about driving a convertible top-down through a snowy landscape.

DSCN1171.JPG

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
for sure, that was the reason to get the all weather tyres :). Still in Spain the winter is not all that haha

I was in Bilbao in April and there were cars in ditches all over the place because it had snowed heavily!

Nothing more exciting than fishtailing a 400hp rwd car up the road in the snow…

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I was in Bilbao in April and there were cars in ditches all over the place because it had snowed heavily!

thats nice, but its also 550 km north of me :).

Its never snowed here in the 20 years I've been here (around barcelona), on and off. It gets wet but can be 20 in Dec January February, sometimes, but generally above 7 8 9 during the day and the Sun is almost always shining ...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Originally I was supposed to get delivery sometime in November/December, but now I'm expecting it will be more like February/March. Depending on how bad of a winter we get, we'll still have some snow and ice then, but by mid-April things should be clear enough to go for a drive. If my car arrives in March, it won't be a problem waiting a few more weeks till mid-April to take it out for a drive. If we get a milder winter, I may be able to take it out even in late March.

At this point, just deliver my car. I just want to see it in my garage.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, mine will be used all year apart from any days where there is a risk of ice on the roads. No point in taking unecessary risks when I can use my runabout car.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just reminds me of when I see videos of Lamborghinis being tested in Norway in the ice and snow. It makes me think, "who the hell would really drive their $300,000 sports car in the ice and snow?"

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Everyday driving is major focus of the car. As it’s a car to make conquest sales from modern Porsche buyers, they didn’t need it to be a track car 😈

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

and that's why I moved from Bilbao to Granada in April!!!

Only get snow here once every ten years or so and last maximum for a couple of days.
2022 you brought the snow to Bilbao in April and that ´s why Lotus decided to postpone the Spring 22 delivery of Emira.
It all adds up!

Still we get a lot of rain in Winter and Spring, I am still driving the Emira whenever it arrives, that's why I chose the Goodyears.
For sunny days I´ll enjoy the 410 Sport on Cup 2´s along the Emira

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emira will be my 4th Lotus, I have driven them all right through the year , although I might buy a set of winter tyres for this one.