So based on the first cars not arriving until September, who will be driving their Emira all winter?

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've driven my Evora all year round. Have to be a bit more careful if the temperature is below 5 degrees, as I don't switch to winter tyres, but then it's not a daily driver. Others have been fine running Evoras on winter tyres. I don't use mine if it's below freezing but that's only a handful of days per year.

The Exige I'm mainly using in the spring/summer and then put into storage and SORN it over the winter.

I used to drive my Elan in the snow. FWD made it pretty sure-footed. There's something magical about driving a convertible top-down through a snowy landscape.

DSCN1171.JPG
Best FWD handling car ever (Mike Brewer quote) and I fully agree.
They also have a good heater and combined with a wind breaker, I go topless always 🤣 apart from when it rains 👍

Last edited:
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
and that's why I moved from Bilbao to Granada in April!!!

Only get snow here once every ten years or so and last maximum for a couple of days.
2022 you brought the snow to Bilbao in April and that ´s why Lotus decided to postpone the Spring 22 delivery of Emira.
It all adds up!

Still we get a lot of rain in Winter and Spring, I am still driving the Emira whenever it arrives, that's why I chose the Goodyears.
For sunny days I´ll enjoy the 410 Sport on Cup 2´s along the Emira
Nice move, I love Granada. Mmmm tapas and Alhambra Reserva 1925 🤤
Talking snow I also very much enjoyed thrashing the hire car up into the Sierras to the snow line. Lovely roads!

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Best FWD handling car ever (Mike Brewer quote) and I fully agree.
They also have a good heater and combined with a wind breaker, I go topless always 🤣 apart from when it rains 👍
I'd argue the integra type R and Corrado are up on that pedestal also 😁😇

Reactions: Den

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd argue the integra type R and Corrado are up on that pedestal also 😁😇

I miss my Integra! It was a GS in the states, but I swapped in a B18C Type-R engine and JDM Honda Type R front end (bought the whole front clip). It was a blast... A rattle box, but a blast in the twisties for sure.

100_2022.JPG

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
So, think my Lotus journey may be coming to an end.

I was an early depositor - 7 July 2021 13:51. Initially scheduled for a June delivery. When Lotus said they would delay to a July delivery and could not commit to when in July, I asked them to move me to a Sep delivery as I am going be to travelling in late July and Aug. Wanted to do it with my Emira but made peace with doing it with my A110 instead and collect my Lotus when I am back.

Asked for an update on my delivery slot given the delays. They have just come back saying it will now be a December delivery. And they have the gall put that on me as I requested the change without acknowledging they put me in the position.

First, when I requested a Sep delivery, they scheduled an Oct dleivery as the first available without letting me know or updating me. I was never told that Sep was not possible or given the option to retain my July delivery.

Next, when they have now pushed others who booked the same time as me to Sep (which is what I requested!!!), they will not honour my booking position. While I understand that the whole industry is hit by supply chain issues, this is just plain unfair. I am now looking at at least a 24-week delay (vs the 8-week delay for others). This is just shocking and unfair treatment of a customer and Lotus solving for its production scheduling rather than a customer.

I am new to Lotus and this is not what I expect from a luxury brand - not the 'new Lotus'. It leaves me with a bad taste and does not inspire confidence in how Lotus will treat me going ahead when I need support and after sales. I will not spend my hard earned money on a company that treat me unfairly, however amazing the car may be.

I will escalate to Scott and Matt (can anyone help me with their email ids please?) but dont have much hope - let's see. Looks like I may be heading towards cancelling my Emira and Eletre orders - suspect Lotus will not miss me given their huge order book. Hopefully, someone here will get their Emira early - happy for that.

I am sure the Emira will be an amazing car to drive but likely that Lotus is not for me for the moment. Maybe I will return for the Type 135 or the Alpine version of it ...

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I was an early depositor - 7 July 2021 13:51. Initially scheduled for a June delivery. When Lotus said they would delay to a July delivery and could not commit to when in July, I asked them to move me to a Sep delivery as I am going be to travelling in late July and Aug. Wanted to do it with my Emira but made peace with doing it with my A110 instead and collect my Lotus when I am back.

Asked for an update on my delivery slot given the delays. They have just come back saying it will now be a December delivery. And they have the gall put that on me as I requested the change without acknowledging they put me in the position.

First, when I requested a Sep delivery, they scheduled an Oct dleivery as the first available without letting me know or updating me. I was never told that Sep was not possible or given the option to retain my July delivery.

Next, when they have now pushed others who booked the same time as me to Sep (which is what I requested!!!), they will not honour my booking position. While I understand that the whole industry is hit by supply chain issues, this is just plain unfair. I am now looking at at least a 24-week delay (vs the 8-week delay for others). This is just shocking and unfair treatment of a customer and Lotus solving for its production scheduling rather than a customer.

I am new to Lotus and this is not what I expect from a luxury brand - not the 'new Lotus'. It leaves me with a bad taste and does not inspire confidence in how Lotus will treat me going ahead when I need support and after sales. I will not spend my hard earned money on a company that treat me unfairly, however amazing the car may be.

I will escalate to Scott and Matt (can anyone help me with their email ids please?) but dont have much hope - let's see. Looks like I may be heading towards cancelling my Emira and Eletre orders - suspect Lotus will not miss me given their huge order book. Hopefully, someone here will get their Emira early - happy for that.

I am sure the Emira will be an amazing car to drive but likely that Lotus is not for me for the moment. Maybe I will return for the Type 135 or the Alpine version of it ...
I don’t believe you’re missing much. Come back when they have their shit together, as they aren’t treating anyone fairly. Not even their dealer network.

Best wishes with anything you do champion.

GreenDeal

Reaction score
Under no circumstances will I drive my Emira in the winter, once she's finally with me.;) The road salt we use is very aggressive, so in the winter I use my "alibi vehicle" (Toyota Yaris Hybrid). He also has winter wheels and even snow chains when it snowed heavily...

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
winter ok winter plus salt no no no no no no

and

no

and no again

Reactions: Den

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Sorry to hear this. I understand how it has happened, as you asked to be moved to a later batch and then that batch has been delayed along with all the other batches. I’d have been surprised if they’d delayed all of the Sept batch but kept you as a Sept delivery, as that in effect meant moving you back up the batches.

Unfortunately Lotus don’t seem able to cater for people requesting a specific delivery month, they’re just assigning people to batches.

It‘s worth raising it to Scott to see if it can be resolved, given your original deposit date. Message me if you don’t have his email address.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It’ll be the start of summer here when our cars arrive — ironically it may be too hot to drive them much (particularly with black roofs).

I’ve just seen that London is expecting 40 degrees next week… common for us, but you guys must be dying…?

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It’ll be the start of summer here when our cars arrive — ironically it may be too hot to drive them much (particularly with black roofs).

I’ve just seen that London is expecting 40 degrees next week… common for us, but you guys must be dying…?
The trouble is we don't have time to get used to it lol
I'm loving it at the moment, best summer we have had for a long time. See if it lasts...

GreenDeal

Reaction score

Hello, I can understand your frustration and anger! But Lotus is not a mass manufacturer like VW or other competitors! The Emira is produced in a comparably small edition. Much is made by hand. I also don't think you'll have better experiences with another premium manufacturer. I know people who ordered a car earlier this year. After the manufacturer has corrected the delivery date several times, the cars will "probably" only be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2023! And that with a mass manufacturer like VW! So cheer up, better communicate with Lotus again and, if necessary, wait a few weeks longer for the fantastic Emira...

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Sorry to hear… but how are you getting delivery months? Our Australian cars are supposed to be built along with the UK orders, but Lotus Australia can’t give us delivery times at all.

Like you, I’m going away (in Sept-Oct) and would love to know if I have to shuffle things around…

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Sorry to hear… but how are you getting delivery months? Our Australian cars are supposed to be built along with the UK orders, but Lotus Australia can’t give us delivery times at all.

Like you, I’m going away (in Sept-Oct) and would love to know if I have to shuffle things around…
Sorry to hear that they are not giving you delivery months. Not sure if Oz cars are being treated differently, but Lotus Customer Care is giving me production and delivery months (as per current plans) when I ask them. Hope yours works out well.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Hello, I can understand your frustration and anger! But Lotus is not a mass manufacturer like VW or other competitors! The Emira is produced in a comparably small edition. Much is made by hand. I also don't think you'll have better experiences with another premium manufacturer. I know people who ordered a car earlier this year. After the manufacturer has corrected the delivery date several times, the cars will "probably" only be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2023! And that with a mass manufacturer like VW! So cheer up, better communicate with Lotus again and, if necessary, wait a few weeks longer for the fantastic Emira...
This really is not about waiting a few weeks (24w vs 8w is not 'a few weeks'). I have my A110 and love it - so I will continue using it. It is about how fairly Lotus treats its customers - especially as 'new Lotus'. I never expected them to perform like VW; but Alpine is a small manufacturer too and builds cars by hand in Dieppe. They were never perfect but were always fair and treated me like a real customer. This treatment does not inspire confidence in the overall experience and post sales service I will get, however great the car.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I understand how it has happened, as you asked to be moved to a later batch and then that batch has been delayed along with all the other batches. I’d have been surprised if they’d delayed all of the Sept batch but kept you as a Sept delivery, as that in effect meant moving you back up the batches.

Unfortunately Lotus don’t seem able to cater for people requesting a specific delivery month, they’re just assigning people to batches.

It‘s worth raising it to Scott to see if it can be resolved, given your original deposit date. Message me if you don’t have his email address.
Hi Tom,

Hope you are well. Firstly, thanks for how much you selflessly give to the Emira forum. You are such an inspiration and it is clear that you really love the Lotus brand and the cars. And love how you take a geniune interest in brining new fans to the Lotus fold to share your exprience of the brilliant cars.

Thanks for your offer of Scott's email. I will message him. Have messaged you directly; can you please respond with Scott's email? Thanks a ton.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts