Is your colour choice based on something?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just saw a re-posted picture of the Lotus Evija in the stunning Pearlescent Solar Yellow colour scheme and realised my Emira is the same spec - yellow paint, black pack, black calipers with silver lettering, black interior.

It wasn’t a deliberate plan on my part, although I’ve seen this Evija three times and my brain has probably imprinted it.

It’s also an interesting reminder of the design cues carried over.

Anyone else deliberately or subconsciously been influenced by another car or other reference point in defining their Emira?

0ADAB521-F070-4F60-91D1-0356556E8216.jpeg

8482FBC7-CEDA-47F8-8B73-CD15BB8CE43E.jpeg

JumboJet

Reaction score
I just saw a re-posted picture of the Lotus Evija in the stunning Pearlescent Solar Yellow colour scheme and realised my Emira is the same spec - yellow paint, black pack, black calipers with silver lettering, black interior.

It wasn’t a deliberate plan on my part, although I’ve seen this Evija three times and my brain has probably imprinted it.

Anyone else deliberately or subconsciously been influenced by another car or other reference point in defining their Emira?

View attachment 2828

View attachment 2829
No, but been looking at Hethel yellow T-shirts, trousers & shorts, how sad is that?

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My other ride’s blue so trying not to go with Seneca. That notwithstanding the yellow has been calling out to me :)

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm happy to admit this is a chance to live my '90s fantasy of owning a yellow 360 Challenge Stradale, or as I've got older a 4*8 pista/speciale. Though I only just realised the coincidence of the inside of my glasses being fluro yellow. I'm a fan of colour, I think it makes people happy (or maybe I enjoyed the '90s a bit too much..)

458-Emira.jpg

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No, but been looking at Hethel yellow T-shirts, trousers & shorts, how sad is that?
Nothing sad about searching for yellow things, I've been deliberately picking it out for this idea, to put something on the wall of my Emira garage. Wife thinks I'm mad!

posters-layouts.jpg

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think you could be on to something here,although I've gone full yellow roof.

I will confess that I've purchased the Black Badge to put on my Emira,just like that Evija had at caffeine and machine

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 2828

View attachment 2829
Now we've stepped into 'Psychology of Color' territory. Are you a Spring, Summer or Fall persona? Color me blue and Grey. Last 4 cars were Grey or silver including Titanium Grey Esprit.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've owned 13 cars. Only one was a color - a 1993 BMW 325is in Laguna Green Metallic. Everything else has been gray, mostly... although black and white did each make an appearance once.

I'm very ready for a fun color. This seems like the car to do it. I very nearly bought a chrome orange S2 Elise last year and if orange was an option here, I'm not sure I would be able to resist it.

My problem with the colors on offer is that they appear to mute the lines of this car, and this car has some particularly beautiful lines. So I keep coming back to silver. The contrast across the surfaces just looks too right. I'm basing all of this off of renders though, so I'm eager to see what "Nimbus" actually looks like. If it's anything like the silver Evija... have mercy.

So I guess I'd be getting silver begrudgingly, because it looks too good.

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think you could be on to something here,although I've gone full yellow roof.

I will confess that I've purchased the Black Badge to put on my Emira,just like that Evija had at caffeine and machine
Have you managed to find an Emira-sized nose badge? I've not seen one in the regular places yet.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Simple one for me. I came very close to buying a gorgeous Daytona Blue Evora GT410 Sport after a test drive at Central Lotus a few years back, but couldn't quite get my head around the £95k sticker price :) I think Seneca Blue is quite close so that is what I have gone for on the Emira, as well as the black pack,, black wheels and red calipers. This is a US spec Evora just like the one I drove

AZB_2789-Edit.jpg

AZB_2718-Edit.jpg

Hethel Yellow was a close second though - classic colour for a Lotus.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As a teenager I was an avid cyclist and used to ride long loops on valley roads in Central PA. On a ride one particularly beautiful sunny day, in the distance I saw an impossibly low, fast moving yellow dot approaching. It was a yellow esprit (similar to below) that someone owned locally.

It was the most exotic and sexiest thing I had ever seen. Trying to relive my youth I guess?

1643988041016.png

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At least that's a decent match. I've got two Laser Blue Lotus and it didn't look right to have Seneca Blue alongside them!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Emira will be my 6th yellow sports car/GT tourer (5 summer/Sunday drivers, 1 daily driver), so I am clearly biased. 🚕

Seneca is the only other colour that tickled my fancy but a fair bit behind Hethel Yellow.

Last edited:

AR2

Reaction score
Needed something classy but stealthy, so I went with the Dark Verdant. Also, I'm thinking of wrapping the body a dark matte color at some point, so having a dark color underneath would make it much easier to match the unwrapped areas around the hinges (door, boot, etc.)

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts