• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Is your colour choice based on something?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've narrowed down my color choices to Seneca blue or Nimbus Gray.
My Dr. Jekyll says go for Nimbus grey, classy hides the dust, dirt scratches and swirls well, so less detailing/ maintenance.
My Mr. Hyde says sports/exotics are supposed to have bright, showy in your face colors, like the classic red and yellow on Ferrari's or the bright Lava orange, Miami blue and Lizard green on the Porsche GT3's.
The bonus with Senica Blue is Lotus does not charge extra, unlike Porsche who charges $5,000 for Miami blue.
I think I'm going to have to wait to make my final decision until I see the Nimbus Gray and Seneca blue in the flesh.

Screenshot_20220129-183640_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220107-004015_YouTube.jpg

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used to be in the Toyota MR2 Club of Victoria (Australia). We’d often go out on Club trips — I owned a white SW20. I always remember feeling a little jealous of the guys in their red cars, hence my choice of Magma this time.

Funny though… if white was an FE colour, on this car I’d probably prefer it to the dark red.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i have officially considered all color options...still cannot decide...so no it's not based on something :D
If you can rule out just one option, you can always fall back on deciding by random dice roll :)

EDIT: LOL no way @eclat2emira !
EDIT 2: not sure where I got 7 colours from... long day :D

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
well, if you consider color combinations and not only colors then it's even more options :D (talking about adding or not full black pack)
Just flip a coin for black pack, and add another dice for calipers, and another dice for interior, and... 😵‍💫

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
well, if you consider color combinations and not only colors then it's even more options :D (talking about adding or not full black pack)
It's a nightmare!!!

But if you start with these questions, you may start to find your answer:

Do you have an emotional or historic automotive connection with any of the FE colours?
Does Stealthy or shouty feel more you?
Do you lean more towards Sporty/Track or Premium/Classy?
Do you want large "graphics" like the vents and glasshouse to stand out (e.g. be features) or recede?
Do you have strong preference regarding single colour or full black pack, e.g. two-tone?
Do you love or hate washing your car?!

DrNio13

Reaction score
It's a nightmare!!!

But if you start with these questions, you may start to find your answer:

Do you have an emotional or historic automotive connection with any of the FE colours? -> No
Does Stealthy or shouty feel more you? -> Stealthy, but for the Emira i consider shouty. Also i will keep my all black for every day usage
Do you lean more towards Sporty/Track or Premium/Classy? For the Emira I will go for more sporty (so no Nimbus with tan leather for me, which was one of the options at some point)
Do you want large "graphics" like the vents and glasshouse to stand out (e.g. be features) or recede? -> Stand out, that is why i started considering hethel yellow with black pack.
Do you have strong preference regarding single colour or full black pack, e.g. two-tone? For dark colours i prefer single colour, for light colours definetely black pack
Do you love or hate washing your car?! -> Hate but I will not drive the Emira every day

Thanks for the interest :)

To be honest I have managed to narrow it down to:

* Dark Grey + black wheels + yellow calipers + Alcantara with yellow or grey stitching (black exhaust and black badging or black pack)
* Dark Grey + black wheels + yellow calipers + Tan leather (black exhaust and black badging or black pack)
* Hethel Yellow + black wheels + black pack + Alcantara with grey or yellow stiching + maybe black calipers (practically Lotus Shanghai demo car configuration)

And then there is this Dark Verdant that pops to my mind from time to time :D

I did a randomizer function and the result was Hethel yellow and black pack. :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest :)

To be honest I have managed to narrow it down to:

* Dark Grey + black wheels + yellow calipers + Alcantara with yellow or grey stitching (black exhaust and black badging or black pack)
* Dark Grey + black wheels + yellow calipers + Tan leather (black exhaust and black badging or black pack)
* Hethel Yellow + black wheels + black pack + Alcantara with grey or yellow stiching + maybe black calipers (practically Lotus Shanghai demo car configuration)

And then there is this Dark Verdant that pops to my mind from time to time :D

I did a randomizer function and the result was Hethel yellow and black pack. :)
DV got under my skin and never left! You have some great specs there though - you won't go wrong with any of them.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m still team DV and it’s solely based on my ‘18 Evora that was meant to be a between car awaiting the Emira.

Yes I know, Dark Verdant is not Racing Green, but gosh that car looks good.

:)

#ForTeamGreen

Attachments

• B0459C0D-2834-4F44-8DA8-124FD78FFA47.jpeg
    B0459C0D-2834-4F44-8DA8-124FD78FFA47.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 46

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m still team DV and it’s solely based on my ‘18 Evora that was meant to be a between car awaiting the Emira.

Yes I know, Dark Verdant is not Racing Green, but gosh that car looks good.

:)

#ForTeamGreen
Man, that's a great looking Evora! #teamgreenrocks