Rev counter in track - who's smoking what at lotus

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed my GTI speedo is compressed at the top of the range. For whatever reason, it jumps from 20mph increments to 40 (140 to 180) at the end of the sweep. It's quirky, but doesn't bother me at all.

20201121_120830.jpg

This Emira track mode tach is very disturbing. Makes it seem like it's all for looks and less for performance. Apparently that's the main focus for this First Edition. I really hope this is addressed and updated before going to customers. 😔

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Why does the track mode tach need to rev to 9k anyway when the car redlines at 6800. 🙄

DSC05518.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Analog dials and indicators have always been like this. They all provide readings beyond their max reading. For one it's usability: if the reading is at max, you want to know if it is truly at max or just that the dial is broken. This convention carried over to digital facsimiles of analog dials. To be clear, the tach is providing an analog representation of information.

Edit: I am also peeved that the redline is lower.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Could it be that this weird numbering is an effort to smooth out the revs so the bar moves across at a pretty much constant speed? 🤔

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Could it be that this weird numbering is an effort to smooth out the revs so the bar moves across at a pretty much constant speed? 🤔
I think maybe something like that...
its either an error...possible... OR...as you say, by design...

7 - 9 is irrelavant as it wont go to 7 as we know..
so what they have done is accentuate the 4 - 5 and 5 - 6 which is where you will be enjoying the car more, where you really get the ummmffff...

That would be my only reason....

too late to ask at the show now.. hah

Mangoose

Reaction score
If they just changed the 9 to an 8, it would make more sense. Again, in the context of them using the same software for the i4. But a total non-issue as far as I'm concerned :ROFLMAO:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
BUT at least they got this right!

Bonus points to anyone who knows what the little arrow besides the fuel bowser icon means!

View attachment 7006
The arrow typically points to the side of the vehicle where the gas filler portal is located.
However rumor has it that this may be opposite below the equator for the Southern hemisphere.
God knows what it would look like for an EV.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why does the track mode tach need to rev to 9k anyway when the car redlines at 6800. 🙄

View attachment 7011
Fuel gauge and temperature gauge is a mirror image of each other. The white bar indicate “units” and empty is black. Strange convention, but I see what they are trying to do. As for tach, I think they are trying to make the rev band to “slow down” during 4k-7k, so it dances about less in the power band?

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The arrow typically points to the side of the vehicle where the gas filler portal is located.
However rumor has it that this may be opposite below the equator for the Southern hemisphere.
God knows what it would look like for an EV.
I have an EV that charges at the front. There is no arrow. If one don’t know where your charge port is, then one shouldn’t drive.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The thing that baffles me most (besides the 6, 7, 9 derp) in that this image implies 4000 RPM is the redline... :confused: The 4K mark can't possibly be a shift marker, that is way too low. What is this trying to convey? Why is it not a different colour (yellow) from 4000 to the actual redline? Why must they constantly mess with us?! 🤷‍♂️

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The thing that baffles me most (besides the 6, 7, 9 derp) in that this image implies 4000 RPM is the redline... :confused: The 4K mark can't possibly be a shift marker, that is way too low. What is this trying to convey? Why is it not a different colour (yellow) from 4000 to the actual redline? Why must they constantly mess with us?! 🤷‍♂️
It's a soft limiter when the clutch pedal is not pressed.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's a soft limiter when the clutch pedal is not pressed.
Ah, ok... I guess that makes sense. Not sure I see the value in that, but at least it explains it.