Rev counter in track - who's smoking what at lotus

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have 3 Toyotas, GR Yaris is on the left side, GR Supra is on the right, and GT86 is on the right. I see absolutely no logic in why, other than perhaps the only one actually built by Toyota is the different one :ROFLMAO:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My Alfa Romeo and our Honda CR-V are both on the driver's side.
Interesting in the case of the Alfa as it is made in Italy and its not usually the case. The rather pretty 4C is not on the drivers side, but on the kerb side for you guys, the stelvio is different however, its is on the left side ..weird.. No idea why they would change, unless again its due to the layout of the exhaust.
For the honda CRV its normal that its on the side you indicate as its a Japanese car and their steering wheel would normally be on the opposite side, so for Japan it would be kerb side, but for you, its drivers side.
okay, I cant do this any more.. im getting confused.. haha. Im going to watch the British Left handed Jamie Murray play with the American Right Handed WIlliams in mixed doubles wimbledon online coverage.

1656703038542.png

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Audi TTS is on drivers side, partner had a Nissan Qashqai and it was also on drivers side, just replaced with Toyota Yaris Cross which is on passenger side

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My Audi TTS is on drivers side, partner had a Nissan Qashqai and it was also on drivers side, just replaced with Toyota Yaris Cross which is on passenger side
i almost give up..... its not a perfect rule, but its the best one out there ;).

The TT is where it should be as its an EU car, German, and hence kerb side for them and their biggest markets. The Toyota is also correct as its kerb side for them, Japanese, and us.
the Nissan.... can only assume as Jeremy C doesnt like it at all, they do it out of spite on the wrong side, or maybe as most of them are exported from the UK, where they are made, into Europe, they use that logic as kerb side for where it sells most.
Final words....
I like the caterham with it at the back, or a ST porsche centre fuel cap on the bonnet, or the Esprit and a few other cars that had two tanks.
What I dont like are the Electric cars, like mine, with the charge port at the back so you have to reverse in..... ilogical, although I am sure they have their logic too

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lets hope that the fuel level and engine temperature gauges don't follow the same (ahem) logic! :LOL:

Actually I think I spoke too soon...!
Does the fuel gauge go from right (empty) to left (full) and all others left (low) to right (high)?

View attachment 7003
:LOL:
Yeah that's the first thing I noticed too! I sure hope it's going from left to right otherwise this thing would have a tiny fuel tank!

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
BUT at least they got this right!

Bonus points to anyone who knows what the little arrow besides the fuel bowser icon means!

View attachment 7006
I'm embarrassed to say I just discovered that a few months ago while reading the service manual on my wife's car! Kind of a nice feature especially if you drive a bunch of different cars!

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Fuel filler on right side of vehicle like every other EU car
I thought that was the case but a couple of courtesy cars in the UK have had the filler on the left, unlike the previous versions.