1st track day impressions

@mr.suntorytime was hauling. BW is my favorite too. Although I think I’ll like streets in the emira.

Btw I track like I golf. It’s not about the score but the experience 😂
 
I was on PS2 on track mode without turning traction control all the way off. It did allow for slip but probably not the same as traction control all the way off.

When I turned off traction control on my m3 I spun pretty quickly coming out of turns using too much throttle- just had to be really careful with the throttle. I was getting to the point where traction control was totally in the way so I had to go there to keep improving.

On standard track mode though the emira is very easy to recover from slip but electronics are helping you. I only really overcooked a corner a few times accelerating too hard coming out.

Overall I had a lot more grip on the emira to use. I was still progressing so I can’t say that I found the lateral limits often. It’s pretty high.
Thanks for the feedback. I would like to give it a try but track days tend to be be pretty popular, crowded and expensive here in the UK. I live close to Brands Hatch which is where I did the M3 days. I found I was more nervous about the other drivers than my own driving! I was also getting warned for noise levels (exhaust mods).

I had the exact same experience with MX5's (UK MIatas I think). Left them for dead on the straight but they were caught up by the end of the bends!
 
@mr.suntorytime was hauling. BW is my favorite too. Although I think I’ll like streets in the emira.

Btw I track like I golf. It’s not about the score but the experience 😂
Im right there with you!! Now that I don’t go to the track often, it’s more about the experience and seeing friends. I wish I had more time to figure out the brakes (I had the ebc sr11/21 which were way too aggressive), otherwise the Emira was nearly perfect.
 
I'm not a hugely experienced track driver but I noticed the same rear weight bias coming from a Cayman previously. Though in theory they're both mid-engine cars there's no doubt the Emira has most of the weight over the rear wheels. Braking into corners seems to help get the weight forward onto the front wheels and reduce understeer. I have no idea why some folk put wings on the back of these. I can only imagine that exaggerates the effect.
 
you need aero for high speed corners or to look really cool. you never just add a wing. That would upset the balance of the car.

but once you go there, you need suspension, tires, to really make it work. It’s a rabbit hole.
 
Thanks for the feedback. I would like to give it a try but track days tend to be be pretty popular, crowded and expensive here in the UK. I live close to Brands Hatch which is where I did the M3 days. I found I was more nervous about the other drivers than my own driving! I was also getting warned for noise levels (exhaust mods).

I had the exact same experience with MX5's (UK MIatas I think). Left them for dead on the straight but they were caught up by the end of the bends!
I really dislike driving with crappy cars. Not because I’m better than them but most of the cheaper track dedicated cars are super aggressive and don’t care as much about getting into a little bit of trouble.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top