RapidLotus from the US

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It looks like I am member #261! I am excited to be on this newest of Lotus Forums. Hopefully I can be as active here as I am on LotusTalk.
A little about me.... I have been active in the Lotus world since 2018 when I bought my first Elise which I still have and plan to keep after my Emira arrives. Another Elise was a project car for me and I was able to restore it, use it as a test bed for projects, and it was recently sold to make room for other projects. The Elise led me into making LED tail light kits and 3D printed parts for Elise/Exige and replacement/custom decals too. My website is rapidlotus.com and it is a personal site to provide technical resources and showcase some of my projects and things that I do. I recently added an Emira section and I will be adding to it as information is released. Note that my site is just a fun site and is constantly under construction.
Are most members of this forum from Europe? I am located in the state of Florida in the US and would like to know if any other members are in my area.

Lotus Group at Palm Beach Cars and Coffee 1-6-18.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @RapidLotus from Texas. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Emira!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm planning the configure mine with Hethel Yellow, full Black Pack, stock wheels (I plan to replace them with aftermarket), and Black Alcantara with Yellow stitching throughout. Currently leaning towards the MB I4 and especially interested in this engine after Lotus pours some Lotus Pixie Dust on the engine! :cool:

1629916340763.png

1629916536184.png

1629916399299.png

1629916479763.png

I'm going for an almost identical spec. Probably the black Y-spoke wheels. But manual V6 for me, same as my Evora. Love the sound of the V6.

I'm in the UK but (pre-Covid) visited the US for work several times a year, mainly New York, Boston and DC. My brother lives in California. Starting a new job next week with a US office in Houston and I hope to visit before too long.

It looks like I am member #261! I am excited to be on this newest of Lotus Forums. Hopefully I can be as active here as I am on LotusTalk.
A little about me.... I have been active in the Lotus world since 2018 when I bought my first Elise which I still have and plan to keep after my Emira arrives. Another Elise was a project car for me and I was able to restore it, use it as a test bed for projects, and it was recently sold to make room for other projects. The Elise led me into making LED tail light kits and 3D printed parts for Elise/Exige and replacement/custom decals too. My website is rapidlotus.com and it is a personal site to provide technical resources and showcase some of my projects and things that I do. I recently added an Emira section and I will be adding to it as information is released. Note that my site is just a fun site and is constantly under construction.
Are most members of this forum from Europe? I am located in the state of Florida in the US and would like to know if any other members are in my area.

View attachment 239
SE Florida area where are you...?

Melbourne, FL. I ordered from Lotus Orlando and hope to see this car soon. I'm 95% (and climbing) sure I will be getting the I4 due to the higher revs, lighter weight, and potentially better sound. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to find an AMG CLA 45 to test drive and get a taste for the engine and transmission. If anyone in Florida knows where I can test drive the AMG with the 2.0 I4, please contact me!

I will have to say that I am a die hard manual transmission person but will go with the DCT/I4 combo. This car will be a daily driver for me, I will keep my Elise for those days where I will want to row through the gears manually. From what I hear, the AMG DCT is a fantastic transmission and we will be very lucky to get it, especially if we get the 9 speed version. Remember too, a DCT is not really a conventional automatic transmission, it is a type of Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) where everything happens faster (by far). I will be getting it for the increased number of gears, faster and smoother shifts, and continuous power to the wheels. I have driven Porsche PDK cars and the difference is amazing. I suggest you try it, you may not be so convinced that you HAVE to have the 6 speed.

Back