• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello chaps and chapesses, from England

mrmoogee

Reaction score
Hi all, recently added myself to the waiting list (how long to wait will never know) for V6 manual FE. Based in Beds, UK.

Would be both, first Lotus, first British built car and V6 for me.

Having grown up not a million miles from Hethel, and going to the site regularly back in my younger days, there's always been an allure around them, probably with the Esprit being my first memory of a Lotus encounter (in my late 30's so wasn't lucky to see the older models out in their heydays).

Some varied but still limited ownership/experience with other car manufacturers (Fiats to Alfas, to Mazdas and currently BMW).
Sure plenty might say this isn't a "pure" Lotus given ownership/added comfort features, but come on.... still a very exciting car, and I felt the importance in owning a British car that still has some of that special DNA and character about it before all the Ai/robot cars take over...

Lucky to see and sit in the ones at Goodwood FoS this year, and it did not disappoint. Interior was easily comparable to the BMW and Merc in our household.

I've got some time to go though, looking at early 2024 in reality and with the way UK and the world is currently until I likely get my keys handed over, so I'll go have a brew and just wait patiently like a good Brit does... :D

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

The next 12 months of waiting should (famous last words) be easier than the last 12 months. You’ll have dealer demo cars, press reviews of final production cars and feedback from customers about the drive and ownership experience.

OP
mrmoogee

mrmoogee

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

The next 12 months of waiting should (famous last words) be easier than the last 12 months. You’ll have dealer demo cars, press reviews of final production cars and feedback from customers about the drive and ownership experience.
Thanks @TomE , also aiming to get a Lotus Driving Academy day in between (y)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As a USA customer I find it odd and somewhat aggregating that UK customers are still able to reserve an FE slot.

Regardless, welcome to the show (y)
I don’t think that’s the case, unless slots become available due to cancellations. But the same would be for US customers in the queue.

OP
mrmoogee

mrmoogee

Reaction score
I have heard this a few times now, with people telling me, I can't order a FE... but then the penny dropped... I'm in England and anyone telling me I couldn't was not... sorry to hear they seem to now be shutting off countries for the FE