New member incoming

Phantome46

Reaction score
Hi guys. I placed my deposit at the festival of speed as loved the car. First lotus I’ve ever considered.

have some reservations until I drive the car and also am a bmw man so used to serious reliability.

any advice?

Welcome!
I suspect Lotus is glad to see you as a potential buyer, as it’s bmw and porsche buyers they are looking to peel off to their stable. I think you are making a good choice to broaden your horizons. BMW makes great cars, but they make so many of them that the exclusivity is being lost. Less so for Porsche, but still, I see them everywhere now. The Emira will be special and rare. But it’s mechanicals aren’t, no matter which configuration you choose. If lotus has done their job on quality of the touch points, and the intangibles of the driving experience are on point (which they definitely should be), then Emira should be one for the record books. Put that together with being the last of the ICE cars for lotus and it’s easy to see the collectibility of the first edition cars. I’d project they will hold their value. Maybe not as true for the post-FE cars, but that really only matters if you are selling your car. If you get a FE car, keep it original if you want to maximize its value. I wouldn’t think twice about reliability. Lotus has to get this right in every dimension. They will do what’s required for this unveiling to be fantastic. They have no choice, and Geely has deep pockets to insure the impression is exceptionally positive. I am excited for all of us. And for lotus. Preserving an historic brand and moving it into the future is a noble thing.

Welcome!
I suspect Lotus is glad to see you as a potential buyer, as it’s bmw and porsche buyers they are looking to peel off to their stable. I think you are making a good choice to broaden your horizons. BMW makes great cars, but they make so many of them that the exclusivity is being lost. Less so for Porsche, but still, I see them everywhere now. The Emira will be special and rare. But it’s mechanicals aren’t, no matter which configuration you choose. If lotus has done their job on quality of the touch points, and the intangibles of the driving experience are on point (which they definitely should be), then Emira should be one for the record books. Put that together with being the last of the ICE cars for lotus and it’s easy to see the collectibility of the first edition cars. I’d project they will hold their value. Maybe not as true for the post-FE cars, but that really only matters if you are selling your car. If you get a FE car, keep it original if you want to maximize its value. I wouldn’t think twice about reliability. Lotus has to get this right in every dimension. They will do what’s required for this unveiling to be fantastic. They have no choice, and Geely has deep pockets to insure the impression is exceptionally positive. I am excited for all of us. And for lotus. Preserving an historic brand and moving it into the future is a noble thing.
Very informative post thank you

Put my deposit down July 8, ironically got the 8th build slot at my dealer. I’m a former 911 owner. Sold my Carrera S with the intent of replacing it with a newer model; but pandemic pricing and supply put me on hold. When the Emira was announced, I was smitten; put my order down the very next day.
I’ll be looking forward to the reviews and pricing. If it’s priced too high, I may switch back to a 911. Carrera’s are just so good at everything, and hold their value far better than most cars. If Lotus, under new ownership and with new manufacturing equipment, can keep the price in the 718 Boxster/Cayman territory then it’s a no-brainer for me.
Sure hope it drives as good as it looks!

Hi guys. I placed my deposit at the festival of speed as loved the car. First lotus I’ve ever considered.

have some reservations until I drive the car and also am a bmw man so used to serious reliability.

any advice?
Welcome to the forum @Phantome46 - I'm hoping too the Emira will be very reliable but I think only time will tell. As much effort as Lotus seems to be putting behind the Emira to get it right, I'm optimistic they will be!

Put my deposit down July 8, ironically got the 8th build slot at my dealer. I’m a former 911 owner. Sold my Carrera S with the intent of replacing it with a newer model; but pandemic pricing and supply put me on hold. When the Emira was announced, I was smitten; put my order down the very next day.
I’ll be looking forward to the reviews and pricing. If it’s priced too high, I may switch back to a 911. Carrera’s are just so good at everything, and hold their value far better than most cars. If Lotus, under new ownership and with new manufacturing equipment, can keep the price in the 718 Boxster/Cayman territory then it’s a no-brainer for me.
Sure hope it drives as good as it looks!

Welcome to the forum @Racer X - Wow, that's an early deposit! What dealer are you doing through?

Welcome to the forum @Racer X - Wow, that's an early deposit! What dealer are you doing through?
I pre-ordered through Lotus of North Jersey. It’s a few hours away for me but an easy drive. I’m going with V6 manual, blue (was worried that the yellow wasn’t the “right” yellow from the configurer), black package, forged silver wheels, red interior, red brake calipers. They never asked about sport vs touring suspension or KEF audio- so who knows if and when I’ll have a choice on those things. I hope that it compares favorably when reviewed against the Cayman GT4!