• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New depositor... Settling in for the wait

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

I have had a wide variety of cars in the past. I love cars and know that I will never ever own all of the cars I want to own in my lifetime.

I remember seeing the Emira launch and thinking 'wow, that is one extremely good looking car', but not actively looking for a new car at the time, just sort of filed it in the 'maybe one to consider in a few years as a second-hand buy' category.

Well, roll on to more recently and I have been looking for a 'next car' for a while, looked at all sorts of things, including cars like BMW M235i, Audi TTS/RS, Boxster, 911, Tesla Model 3, even Mazda MX-5, plus quite a few others.

but after looking for a few months and just getting a little frustrated at the market in general, I started looking at some less conventional options. Even some 'out there' options like Caterhams and Ultimas, but ultimately they would be too raw for what I wanted for this next car... And then I rediscovered the Emira...

I have never owned a Lotus before, but have always wanted one, especially liking the S2 Elise and Evora, but the thing that ultimately put me off actually buying one was their rawness for regular road driving.

For context, I have had track cars for many years (current toy of choice is a Mazda RX-8 that has had more time and money spent on it than is truly sensible), and whilst cars like that are super fun, I was after something sporty yet still with a modicum of comfort.

So, back to the Emira... Because I am happily married, and plan to remain that way, I ran it past the missus, tabling it as a 'this is just an outside possibility, but what do you think?' option. Immediate reaction was 'wow!... yes!'.

So here I am, deposit placed for an i4 in early Jan 2023 (possibly FE if they are still available by the time I get a build slot, if not FE, then a well optioned Base spec).

Now just settling in to the long wait, enjoying the updates from early owners (though not enjoying hearing about the early teething trouble faults, but know this will get better over time).

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had a wide variety of cars in the past. I love cars and know that I will never ever own all of the cars I want to own in my lifetime.

I remember seeing the Emira launch and thinking 'wow, that is one extremely good looking car', but not actively looking for a new car at the time, just sort of filed it in the 'maybe one to consider in a few years as a second-hand buy' category.

Well, roll on to more recently and I have been looking for a 'next car' for a while, looked at all sorts of things, including cars like BMW M235i, Audi TTS/RS, Boxster, 911, Tesla Model 3, even Mazda MX-5, plus quite a few others.

but after looking for a few months and just getting a little frustrated at the market in general, I started looking at some less conventional options. Even some 'out there' options like Caterhams and Ultimas, but ultimately they would be too raw for what I wanted for this next car... And then I rediscovered the Emira...

I have never owned a Lotus before, but have always wanted one, especially liking the S2 Elise and Evora, but the thing that ultimately put off actually buying one was their rawness for regular road driving.

For context, I have had track cars for many years (current toy of choice is a Mazda RX-8 that has had more time and money spent on it than is truly sensible), and whilst cars like that are super fun, I was after something sporty yet still with a modicum of comfort.

So, back to the Emira... Because I am happily married, and plan to remain that way, I ran it past the missus, tabling it as a 'this is just an outside possibility, but what do you think?' option. Immediate reaction was 'wow!... yes!'.

So here I am, deposit placed for an i4 in early Jan 2023 (possibly FE if they are still available by the time I get a build slot, if not FE, then a well optioned Base spec).

Now just setting in to the long wait, enjoying the updates from early owners (though not enjoying hearing about the early teething trouble faults, but know this will get better over time).

Welcome to the forum @Superman!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have never owned a Lotus before, but have always wanted one, especially liking the S2 Elise and Evora, but the thing that ultimately put off actually buying one was their rawness for regular road driving.

Now just setting in to the long wait, enjoying the updates from early owners (though not enjoying hearing about the early teething trouble faults, but know this will get better over time).

Welcome! Given the username, I'm expecting Seneca Blue with red interior and calipers?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

That's so awesome @Superman! Many of us have had similar journeys (myself included) considering several other cars before the Emira came into focus. Now the waiting game begins.

Great first post and welcome to the forum!

OP
Superman

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome! Given the username, I'm expecting Seneca Blue with red interior and calipers?
You are correct!

Love blues on most cars (have had a few blue cars over the years). The Seneca Blue looks absolutely fantastic, to my eyes at least, on the Emira.

Also not a fan of full black/dark interiors if other options are available (had red/black interior in a white Abarth 124 Spider recently, blue interior in the 996, blue/black interior in the Focus RS, blue leather in an Audi A6, plus have an XC90 arriving in March with a Blond interior... Oh, and my very first car, a Vauxhall Cavalier, was beige with a brown velour interior, but that was because it was very cheap, not that I particularly wanted that colour combo, honest!).

Last edited:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You are correct!

Love blues on most cars (have had a few blue cars over the years). The Seneca Blue looks absolutely fantastic, to my eyes at least, on the Emira.

Also not a fan of full black/dark interiors if other options are available (had red/black interior in a white Abarth 123 Spider recently, blue interior in the 996, blue/black interior in the Focus RS, blue leather in an Audi A6, plus have an XC90 arriving in March with a Blond interior... Oh, and my very first car, a Vauxhall Cavalier, was beige with a brown velour interior, but that was because it was very cheap, not that I particularly wanted that colour combo, honest!).

We got two more blues coming with the base colors!

OP
Superman

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
even? I had a 1990 early version back in the day.
It still remains one of the most fun cars I have ever driven.
I can't help thinking it might be amongst the best cars ever built to fulfil , and smash, a specific purpose.
Haha, didn't mean it like that! Actually had an Abarth 124 Spider recently, which is essentially an ND MX-5 with different body panels and engine (and built on the same production line as the MX-5), and I have one of the MX-5's big brothers, so know they are fantastic cars all round!

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
:) Yeah, I do like that Abarth 124.
Of course, the old Mx-5 was lighter and more fragile. Felt more alive. The Italians still have this knack.
I loved my little Abarth 595.

I am waiting for Alfa to bring out a new convertible, like a sorted 4C cabrio with the Quardrafoglio engine.😬