Race to the first i4

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well near two weeks later I still can’t see my car ti configure despite doing this over 12 months ago and had no response despite multiple emails and attempts to call….

Attachments

• IMG_1421.png
    IMG_1421.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 83

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Factory people on Facebook reporting the factory floor is full of i4.
That's good. What I'd love next ("soon"?) is if the showrooms were full of i4 we could test drive, or I'd even settle for media channels being full of i4 we could hear about... the lack of info is like a splinter in my mind! 😅

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's good. What I'd love next ("soon"?) of if the showrooms were full of i4 we could test drive, or I'd even settle for media channels being full of i4 we could hear about... the lack of info is like a splinter in my mind! 😅
Imagine having an Emira delivered on a brand new drivetrain with not a single review or test drive. I’m sure it’ll be great with zero issues.

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think there is either an effective press embargo, or a delay. Lead time from the end of the Hethel production line to customer handover in China must be a few weeks

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think there is either an effective press embargo, or a delay. Lead time from the end of the Hethel production line to customer handover in China must be a few weeks
The delay between V6 Lotus Nio production in Hethel (Harry’s earlier videos) and deliveries to China was months, not weeks. AFAIK those V6 cars were only delivered in mid to late March.

danmessy

Reaction score
View attachment 26571

On facebook, I assume google translated. Suggests nobody will "see" an i4 before July

Serious question - I this real?

I am being told my v6 FE Man is scheduled for June build, delivery Australia likely August sept. (checked and a few days ago with the dealer and they said it still on track for that schedule). With the comments above, would they be pumping out i4's simultaneously to v6?

Careon

Reaction score
So... my last email in Feb said I was on track for a Q1 2024 build, but I've received the email yesterday asking for second deposit / config. Is this an indicator of how many people may have bailed out after the price rise?

After all this waiting around, I thought I could plan around not getting it in the next 6 months... and now I might be in the position of having to find somewhere to park it while I have no driveway and our house is a building site!! 😅
ECBFBoe1KeUYI7jIdQxPuGZ2B7mv2OEgCPcTDJKGC48-NF7bpFrK3JlCQctmvim4ZZvM8As1XMj9djx426KITvAohB3RGKShhqvyGarHbwOBDTsC=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
TBH I think they are just trying to get money in - I spoke to them at length and they could not tell me if delivery would be 2023 or 2024? he just kept saying, pay then 3K and you could have delivery in June or July "but you have to pay and press the button to find out", it sort of felt like a cheap pressure sales technique. He also said the 5K is not refundable once I have confirmed my configuration!!!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I am being told my v6 FE Man is scheduled for June build, delivery Australia likely August sept. (checked and a few days ago with the dealer and they said it still on track for that schedule). With the comments above, would they be pumping out i4's simultaneously to v6?
Yes they will be manufacturing I4 and V6 Emiras at the same time. That was always the plan as far as I’m aware, with the V6 getting a head start.

danmessy

Reaction score
Yes they will be manufacturing I4 and V6 Emiras at the same time. That was always the plan as far as I’m aware, with the V6 getting a head start.
Also the marketing notice, the logo has the Chinese market logo but it looks entirely fake? Am I missing something, is this standard?

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also the marketing notice, the logo has the Chinese market logo but it looks entirely fake? Am I missing something, is this standard?
that is how a genuine notice would look once it has gone through google translate
so either real or a good fake

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just put in the first deposit for an i4FE. I went into Lotus Surrey showroom and they said that they would have an i4 to test drive in July/August. Also quoted delivery time as 12-18 months.

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Yes it was validated by the MOd team here a few weeks ago, here is the original thread link

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
TBH I think they are just trying to get money in - I spoke to them at length and they could not tell me if delivery would be 2023 or 2024? he just kept saying, pay then 3K and you could have delivery in June or July "but you have to pay and press the button to find out", it sort of felt like a cheap pressure sales technique. He also said the 5K is not refundable once I have confirmed my configuration!!!

Pressure tactics are lame, but I think whoever you spoke to is misinformed... the terms on the form where you pay your "configuration fee" actually stated quite clearly that monies remain refundable until you go through checkout and officially place an order.

Ignore the blatantly incorrect dates of course, and I'm still none the wiser what my date is after coughing up 🤦‍♂️

Thank you for paying your configuration fee.

We will be in touch with further updates.

CONFIGURATION FEE

These terms and conditions are between you and Lotus Cars Limited (“us, we or our”) and are supplemental to the Priority Order Terms and Conditions.

Configure/Configuration means any combination of options anticipated to be available for an Emira (including without limitation external colour, interior trim, systems, transmission and wheels) when production commences in 2022.

Configuration Fee means a refundable fee of £3,000 (Inclusive of VAT) which will either be deducted from the price you pay when you Order a Emira or which will be refunded to you within 14 days of your request for a refund. We will use the Configuration Fee to undertake tasks in preparation for formally taking Orders and manufacturing the Emira.

Configuration Period means the period of time between the 20th September 2021 and the 12th November 2021 and during which you will be invited by email to Configure an Emira by paying a Configuration Fee.

Emira means the Lotus Emira to be manufactured from 2022 onwards.

Order means a separate contract between us for the sale and purchase of an Emira in relation to which you have agreed to pay the purchase price and we have confirmed our legally binding intent to deliver an Emira to you.

Priority Order Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions governing priority orders and which can be found here https://www.lotuscars.com/model/emira/ (https://www.lotuscars.com/model/emira/)

If you choose, during the Configuration Period, you may tell us what options you would like us to manufacture an Emira with. Our intent is to be able to oer you an option to buy an Emira matching your configuration at the point you place your Order. With production planned to meet your desired Configuration we hope to be able to reduce the time you might otherwise have to wait for delivery of your Emira.

You agree that by Configuring and paying a Configuration Fee you:
. are not agreeing to purchase an Emira and we are not forming a contract with you to sell you an Emira. Your ability to Order and purchase an Emira will remain
within the Order Window described in the Priority Order Terms and Conditions

and will be subject to further terms and conditions of sale which will be
communicated to you at the time you place your Order;

. will not be compelled to Order an Emira matching your Configuration. You may
change your mind and Order a dierent Configuration or request a refund of your Configuration Fee. Nothing in these terms and conditions compels either party to enter into any further contracts of any description;
. acknowledge that our only obligation to you is to either deduct the Configuration Fee from the price you pay for an Emira (should you decide to Order) or refund you the Configuration Fee;

. acknowledge that that the Configuration Fee is merely to allow us to undertake preparatory tasks in anticipation of production and accepting an Order from you so that we may plan production in the way that we reasonably believe is most likely to satisfy demand as soon as possible following receipt of orders;

We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to manufacture an Emira which matches your Configuration as soon as is commercially practicable after 30th April 2022. We will decide Emira production schedules at our absolute discretion taking into account all relevant factors including the availability and supply of components and our capacity to manufacture.

Configuration options and prices may be subject to change between the time we receive your Configuration and the time you place your Order. We will inform you of any such variations prior to you Ordering.

If you have paid a Priority Order Fee you do not have to Configure or pay a Configuration Fee, you will still be able to place a Priority Order, however if you do not Configure during the Configuration Period you acknowledge that we will not have had the same opportunity to plan in advance production of an Emira matching your desired Configuration and therefore you may have to wait longer for an Emira which matches your desired Configuration.

Any information indicating price, specification, options, or performance are indicative only and subject to change.

We reserve the right to vary or cancel these terms and conditions or any activities they govern without notice, however when there is a change we will use commercially reasonable eorts to notify you in advance but this may not always be possible.

You may request a refund of the Configuration Fee at any time in writing. A refund will be made to you within 14 days of receipt of your written request. Refunds can only be made to the individual who has paid the Configuration Fee and to the account that was used to make the payment.
Where a Configuration Fee is refunded to you we will only be liable for the sum paid and we have no responsibility to pay you interest of any kind for the duration of the time that we hold the Configuration Fee. We accept no liability for interest charges even where you have used credit to pay.

Our maximum liability to you under these terms and conditions will be the sum of the Configuration Fee that you have paid to us.

These terms and conditions are governed exclusively by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes that arise between you and us.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I have eventually received a reply albeit the reply did not answer my issue in that I cannot “configure” my car… so two weeks in and still no further

Attachments

• IMG_1438.png
    IMG_1438.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1437.png
    IMG_1437.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 77

Careon

Reaction score
Pressure tactics are lame, but I think whoever you spoke to is misinformed... the terms on the form where you pay your "configuration fee" actually stated quite clearly that monies remain refundable until you go through checkout and officially place an order.

Ignore the blatantly incorrect dates of course, and I'm still none the wiser what my date is after coughing up 🤦‍♂️
So as it stands you pay 2K to go on the list - my deposit was on 08/07/21 @ 10.30 first day of Goodwood, their card machine was broken, (I have a receipt of my order date and time) so got bumped back to 16th August, long storey short, its tough and will not change it - so delivery date Q1 2024 i4 FE. The next 3K allows you to configure your order and is refundable until you hit the "Order Now" button and only when you do this will you go on the build list, get a contract and your deposit is non-refundable!
So am I reading it wrong?
-"and will be subject to further terms and conditions of sale which will be
communicated to you at the time you place your Order"

I read this as - when we have your money we will tell you how we are going to stitch you up next and by then you've lost your money - oh and good luck on your delivery date.

The whole thing is just badly written twaddle.
"We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to manufacture......"
"If you have paid a Priority Order Fee you do not have to Configure or pay a Configuration Fee, you will still be able to place a Priority Order......."
No idea what this is about?

Anyway I'm out 718 Spyder here we come - I am so disappointed I dearly wanted a British sports car to be proud of, just cant cope with the BS.:cry: