• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Production line pictures

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dozens of pictures of the Emira production line have just been posted on The Lotus Forums, from the press day at Hethel for the launch of the Evija Fittipaldi Edition:

Loads of cars in build and some insights on the production process.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Kind of annoys me because @Next Decade and I spent 6 hours on a tour, and I did an additional next day 1.5 and we weren't allowed to take pics.
I am confused - here you say "we weren't allowed to take pics" but in the post linked below from 21 Sept @Next Decade clearly said "Oh, and btw, they lifted the embargo on photos...when we walked into the door!!!"

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dozens of pictures of the Emira production line have just been posted on The Lotus Forums, from the press day at Hethel for the launch of the Evija Fittipaldi Edition:

Thanks Tom and Bibs for posting. Easily the most positive post for a long time.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A lot have Lotus NYO badges or "China" tags - guess which cars are getting priority?
I had suggested before that LHD cars were being prioritised for markets where the Eletre was hoped to be a big seller, including Europe. I haven't changed my thoughts on that.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Thanks for the pictures Tom that is the best I've seen yet although I did notice a lot of LHD cars.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From the photos it looks like the cars are being built in sizeable batches of the same colour. In one shot it looks like about 12 DV cars in line. Perhaps this might account for some of the resequencing where pre-reveal depositors didn't quite make it into the small 'September' batch?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Possibly, but I think the colours are driven by the mix in the early part of the order book. Lots of DV, then Hethel Yellow, then Seneca and Nimbus, with very few Magma or Shadow. The DV cars are mostly NYO/China cars and it's a popular colour there.

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am confused - here you say "we weren't allowed to take pics" but in the post linked below from 21 Sept @Next Decade clearly said "Oh, and btw, they lifted the embargo on photos...when we walked into the door!!!"

I was thinking the same

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
TLF_Emira_Production_Line-32.jpg.876b3d630327e64623f87d84b3afc228.jpg

Seems a bit old-fashioned for a brand new production facility :LOL:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
A lot have Lotus NYO badges or "China" tags - guess which cars are getting priority?
Quel Surprise
As per my post on other thread I'd love to know what is priority now WHEN EVERYTHING is now urgent

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
TLF_Emira_Production_Line-32.jpg.876b3d630327e64623f87d84b3afc228.jpg

Seems a bit old-fashioned for a brand new production facility :LOL:
That's likely to be in rectification. The in-build cars are on the AGVs until panels are fitted.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd mentioned what could be LHD priority, for the Chinese and European markets. It will be interesting to see if this also applies to the US market given that they already have a demonstrater doing a tour and I believe that more cars have now arrived there for that purpose. Meanwhile, the UK doesn't yet have one demonstrater, and, despite talk of them being delivered soon, the dealers are hoping rather than knowing for sure. Same applies to UK customer cars. The Friday email may demonstrate that Geoff Dowding has at long last mastered the keyboard but it doesn't in any way tell us that RHD UK cars are imminent. We will see.