Factory Tour Thread

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Since I cannot keep up with so many colors, my question is, are they going to offer Hethel yellow in the first run of cars? meaning, the first run of the V6 and I4

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting my defender 90 with 400hp has 260 co2
Why is the emira so bad?
Alpine 110 300hp version is around 160 co2 which means eco malus tax of €1500 in France , co2 above 215 will be €50 000 tax from 2023 so I guess we won’t be seeing many emira in France , unless they produce a Plug in hybrid version
The V6 is an old engine. The AMG i4 is the lower emissions version.

Next Decade

Reaction score
All,

Me and @Hapkin completed the factory tour today and well...we have a treat for all of you. Soon we'll be posting many images and a plethora of information covering the notes took.

We met the entire executive team (Matt Windell, Russel Carr, Gavin Kershaw, many more I cannot name) including the current CEO of Geely, Daniel Donghui Li.

Oh, and btw, they lifted the embargo on photos...when we walked into the door!!! Anyways, we're currently a few beers deep now; more to come once we get back to the states.

Attachments

• PXL_20220921_125903625.jpg
    PXL_20220921_125903625.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 222

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
All,

Me and @Hapkin completed the factory tour today and well...we have a treat for all of you. Soon we'll be posting many images and a plethora of information covering the notes took.

We met the entire executive team (Matt Windell, Russel Carr, Gavin Kershaw, many more I cannot name) including the current CEO of Geely, Daniel Donghui Li.

Oh, and btw, they lifted the embargo on photos...when we walked into the door!!! Anyways, we're currently a few beers deep now; more to come once we get back to the states.
That’s great, we look forward to the report

KusaKusa

Reaction score
All,

Great to hear! Definitely looking forward to the info and pictures when you get back. Enjoy the rest of your time.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
All,

Is any of this true? Met the CEO and you got photos??!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
All,

Excellent. Look forward to your write up.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes…We have many photos, including the one attached to the comment you are replying to.
Great news. Did you see any Autos on the line? We have a few early depositors on here with auto specs!!

Next Decade

Reaction score
OK I think this may be up there with the most exciting thing to happen on the forum for some time 😁
It’s absolutely been the most exciting thing that’s happened to me this year.

Side note, we’re back at Lotus today. We were informed that the chairman (I assume the chairman of the board of directors at lotus /guy in the photo of my recent response) wants to speak with us. Matt Windle confirmed this earlier this morning.

I have no clue what is in store but I’m giddy about the entire thing. I don’t think this trip could get any better!

Either way, once I’ve (we’ve) had time to digest, Hapkin and I will update everyone here.
Excellent. Look forward to your write up.
Absolutely Tom. You’ve been so helpful to most people here and I’ll do my best to return the favor if at all possible.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Side note, we’re back at Lotus today. We were informed that the chairman (I assume the chairman of the board of directors at lotus /guy in the photo of my recent response) wants to speak with us. Matt Windle confirmed this earlier this morning.

I have no clue what is in store but I’m giddy about the entire thing. I don’t think this trip could get any better!

Either way, once I’ve (we’ve) had time to digest, Hapkin and I will update everyone here.

Absolutely Tom. You’ve been so helpful to most people here and I’ll do my best to return the favor if at all possible.
That's incredible. Enjoy the experience and don't forget to feedback about comms and lack of information considering Lotus new D2C model 😉 unless you think it may get you thrown out on your arse 😉😅

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

You've been pulled aside for having communication history with us moaners on the forum and therefore you're car is delayed to the end of next year....?!?!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That's pretty cool. Interested to hear about all the news!