Options costs

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As the excitement for the Emira has all but gone especially with first customer deliveries going to Europe now and not the UK,I'm rather miffed and demotivated for the FE and considering postponing for the Base model.

Has anyone established an options costs yet?

Would anyone be brave enough (through experience with evora options for example) to give an estimate in the following options(it's all I'm actually after):

Base paint colour?
Nappa leather trim
Lotus Drivers pack
Black Alloys

Probably a finger in the air situation but a possible save on £10k (maybe including a drop in VAT here in the UK also...)

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That is a difficult one I’m not so sure the saving will be significant enough to justify jumping to a base model. I think the FE could prove an absolute bargain with Lotus promise to stick with the original price.

I think Tom mentioned on another thread that we shouldn’t expect to see the base car price until the end of the year.

When is your FE currently due?

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That is a difficult one I’m not so sure the saving will be significant enough to justify jumping to a base model. I think the FE could prove an absolute bargain with Lotus promise to stick with the original price.

I think Tom mentioned on another thread that we shouldn’t expect to see the base car price until the end of the year.

My thought also,FE could be a bargain with all the options but I'm not interested in all of them ,but I am doubtful lotus will keep to the base model price(although how does this sit with early depositors?)

I've been pushed back to October build November delivery,but I doubt that will happen still,I expect further delays which I have already said will force me to switch to a base,out of principle and lack of enthusiasm for it,getting a ferrari in between the new wait for a base model.

Smart but annoying tactics by Lotus to not share the configurator options prices....

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My thought also,FE could be a bargain with all the options but I'm not interested in all of them ,but I am doubtful lotus will keep to the base model price(although how does this sit with early depositors?)

I've been pushed back to October build November delivery,but I doubt that will happen still,I expect further delays which I have already said will force me to switch to a base,out of principle and lack of enthusiasm for it,getting a ferrari in between the new wait for a base model.

Smart but annoying tactics by Lotus to not share the configurator options prices....
I know this might sound ridiculous but Lotus know what they doing (lol)when it come to the next move of the base model. The price is only going one way like everything else and they will wait until there are plenty of FE cars on the road before releasing the base car price, by that time the car will be everywhere to see and in turn a new wave of deposits and a mass of interest.

If you want me to have a wild stab in the dark at how much you’ll save by switching I’d say about 5k. (A complete guess of course) but way that guess up against all the options and it’s worth it.

I think that the Emira would have had the same amount of interest if they would have put another 10k on the starting price from the beginning but I think they know that by now.

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know this might sound ridiculous but Lotus know what they doing (lol)when it come to the next move of the base model. The price is only going one way like everything else and they will wait until there are plenty of FE cars on the road before releasing the base car price, by that time the car will be everywhere to see and in turn a new wave of deposits and a mass of interest.

If you want me to have a wild stab in the dark at how much you’ll save by switching I’d say about 5k. (A complete guess of course) but way that guess up against all the options and it’s worth it.

I think that the Emira would have had the same amount of interest if they would have put another 10k on the starting price from the beginning but I think they know that by now.
I suppose you are right, it makes perfect sense to hang on to the FE.

it's just infuriating at times 🤣🤣

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As the excitement for the Emira has all but gone especially with first customer deliveries going to Europe now and not the UK,I'm rather miffed and demotivated for the FE and considering postponing for the Base model.

Has anyone established an options costs yet?

Would anyone be brave enough (through experience with evora options for example) to give an estimate in the following options(it's all I'm actually after):

Base paint colour?
Nappa leather trim
Lotus Drivers pack
Black Alloys

Probably a finger in the air situation but a possible save on £10k (maybe including a drop in VAT here in the UK also...)

All is according to expectations if one just reads what is going on in the world. Offcourse first deliveries also go to Europe. The whole mumbo jumbo about when someone put a deposit in, only applies for the UK line up, and Geely will 100% distribute Emira's to interesting EV markets for the brand.

Base model price will not be as interesting! FE was launched in a time prior to massive inflation and FE buyers will greatly benefit from that. You can be 100% sure the prices will hike up substantially for next versions...as there is no other way. FFS it has a full aluminium chassis!

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Base price for a 992 was 83k when I put down my deposit for the Emira, it's now nearly 90k.
I have a deposit down for the 992 gen 11 for sometime in 2024 and they have told me to expect another 7k on top of that minimum as is it will be hybrid. Ouch 🤕

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Yes, I'd said here my hunch is it will be delayed from the previously-advised September:

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Is that across the range hybrid for the 992.2 or just the turbo?
None of this information has been announced as yet it’s only being advised but from what I’m being told we should expect it across the range. Funny you say that thou as I read that somewhere else that it might be just the turbo.

Apologies I know I’m going off topic.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
None of this information has been announced as yet it’s only being advised but from what I’m being told we should expect it across the range. Funny you say that thou as I read that somewhere else that it might be just the turbo.

Apologies I know I’m going off topic.
My mate took delivery of his new 992 GTS last week and was contemplating putting a TurboS deposit down for 2024.
He was told the Turbo would get hybrid power. Don't believe anything was mentioned about the 'std' cars

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My mate took delivery of his new 992 GTS last week and was contemplating putting a TurboS deposit down for 2024.
He was told the Turbo would get hybrid power. Don't believe anything was mentioned about the 'std' cars
Interesting as I have a deposit down without a build slot at the moment.

Fully refundable of course.