Base Cost in the US - $75k or $77k?

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Exactly. Economy of scale. Lotus is going to ship 700 V6 FE's to North America for it's entire first year production, and most likely in 3 batches; one for each of the 3 production months; January, February, March, so that's roughly 233 cars per shipment. That's a far cry from 80,000 cars.
That was my point. Much easier to negotiate pricing when your shipping 80,000 vs 1,000.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i had a quote 7 years ago to ship my Mini Cooper S to England would be $910 dollars.

That's one person. no deals, nothing. From Newark, NJ.

please. this is just china and greed. That extra 2200 is just an extra 2200. whole thing is extra.
The cost of shipping a container from UK to US (or Asia to UK) has increased x10 since before Covid. The shipping companies are the ones throttling capacity and ramping up prices and profits, not the companies using the shipping services.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
When will we see Base prices and options for US? I want to know how much this car is actually gonna cost me

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I asked Lotus two weeks ago if they were still going to publish Base info and options pricing in September, as promised back in April, they said they couldn’t confirm when they would be published.

I’d have thought they would be keen to get the configurator live and start getting people’s specs so they can get suppliers geared up. But with all the other delays I think it may be Nov or Dec before we see the info.

KusaKusa

Reaction score
I wonder if the weaker British pound could impact the price lower than we think... but it's likely inflation would impact the price higher by a greater magnitude.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wonder if the weaker British pound could impact the price lower than we think... but it's likely inflation would impact the price higher by a greater magnitude.
I had the same thought but a year or more is a long time and who knows where we will be at that point? Still alive I hope..:)